1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Morey keeping close eyes to extension eligible deals that may go bad

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Sep 23, 2014.

1. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

My mistake, Brendon Jennings shot worst than him last year at 37.3 percent. He wasn't the worst, he was the second to worst.

2. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Marbury left when both he and Garnett were 22. One of the 2 years Sprewell played with KG, they won 58 games and made the WCF. He had Cassell that year, also, before both of them fell off a cliff from old age.

#242 WinkFan, Sep 28, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
  3. dmoneybangbang

Well you're right, thought his 38% was a career low. I still stand by picking up Rubio.

Do we need another gunner/shooter or a faciltator? He's a top 10 defensive PG and a top 5 passer. Playing in Minny is a career killer, unless you're KG or KLove so I'm on board with Rubio if we strike on other top choices.

4. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Career high.

5. chandlerbang21

Shumpert and Knicks not discussing extension atm

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

As a pure passer Rubio is near elite but he would be a part time ball handler on this team, at best, because giving Rubio the ball more would relegate Harden into a spot up shooter which would be at best ill advised, and at worst outright wasteful.

Rubio like Harden needs to dominate the ball to be at his best. But only one of them is a superstar. Harden needs a combo guard who specializes in 3 and D to play alongside. A guard who can handle the ball but does not need to dominate it to be at his best. That is not Rubio.

7. opticon

opticon Member

Rubio would be Lin part two but with worse shooting and better court vision.
    The funny thing about having Jason Terry now is that the young version of him would have been a great compliment to Harden.

8. dmoneybangbang

Yes, we've established that. Got anything else?

9. dmoneybangbang

They could figure it out. Rubio isn't my top choice as a PG upgrade, personally think the PF position is of greater need. No doubt Harden would have to learn to play off the ball more as Rubio would have to work on his shooting and finishing. When I watch Rubio, I don't see a PG who needs to pound the rock for 15 seconds to make a decision. Are there better "choices"? Absolutely. Am I making a case for Rubio or bust. Not at all. Based on his contract and him having an elite skill set, I wouldn't be surprised Morey makes that trade.

10. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

so is it happening?

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

Well obv we need someone who can do both but between the two a gunner is preferred, guys who are amazing facilitators are a dime a dozen take a look at Ish Smith, Jeremy Lin, Ramon Sessions etc all these guys are good facilitators but have a broken J. Figuring it out is for superstars, Lebron and Wade can figure it out. Dwight and Harden can figure it out. Harden and Rubio? Nah, just replace Rubio with someone who's a better fit.

12. basketballholic

Bump

Flip negotiated extension with Rubio with the understanding that another team would be willing to pay Rubio that contract.

that's all for now

13. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Sounds like Fegan baloney to me

14. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Cyberx = insider

Basketballholic = wannabe

15. King901

King901 Member

I need a part time insider gig so I can get love on clutchfans. I got them sources.

1 person likes this.
  16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Rubio is pretty much a lesser Rondo. Lesser because he gets hurt every season and Rondo has accomplished more.

The steals though and defense ain't bad, and I do think he's going to get better with age (if he actually plays...)..but paying him would likely mean not paying a guy like D-Mo so no thanks.

I don't see why they won't keep him and see how him and Wiggins play off each other

17. forty4487

forty4487 Contributing Member

Honest question... have you been right on any of your predictions (vague innuendos or specific ones)? Just looking back at some of your posts and threads, I can't see anything substantial to give what you say any merit. Btw... Cole Aldrich and Cody Zeller were two of your three picks for predicting MIP this season? Really?

18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Rather have Lawson then Rubio, I was hopeful with Rubio during the offseason but his injuries are too much of a risk (depending on what we give up).

19. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Just stop.

Make a new screen name while you can.

20. vince

vince Member

Rubio would be awesome for the Rockets!!!!

But what are the Rockets going to give up for him? TJones, The Pelicans pick, more picks, etc.....

Plus Rubio knows how to make a proper entry pass into the Post... And D-Mo would explode for 20 + points practically every knight. Dwight would get 20+ points every night on sheer fast break dunks. And Harden would save up his energy on scoring and not dribbling the ball.

Oh, what a proper point guard would do for the Rockets!!! Plus Rubio plays DEFENSE too......