1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tad Brown on TNT, Shaq and Barkley

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jan 9, 2015.

1. koldlaser

koldlaser Member

Stop it CF, please. The delusional conspiracy theories against the Rockets is getting out of control and is quite embarrassing at this point. If I throw a rubber ducky onto a foggy lake, the only people stupid enough to report it as witnessing a Loch Ness monster are Clutchfans.

2. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

TNT needs to get rid of Shaq. Their production went downhill once they brought him on. Shaq simply does not have the personality for TV media. The show is supposed to be funny and entertaining and he just isn't a good fit. BTW, expressing the occasional incendiary view or bashing a team/player is part of the point. Show's not supposed to be taken too seriously. There are many shows on ESPN and Fox Sports that are designed in a similar way. TNT/ESPN/etc. want ratings and you have to entertain the audience in order to get them.

All parties involved (Shaq, Barkley, Tad, posters in this thread, etc.) need to let the whole matter(s) drop. Seems to me that people are blowing this way out of proportion.

3. sabesque

sabesque Member

You consider the CEO of the organization working to ensure that a highly influential national television program provides more favorable coverage of his organization sad?

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It's been how many years since Barkley was a Rocket?

It's not Tad or Rockets fans who are holding onto the issue.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Barkley is the reason we went and got Snottie

Rocket River

6. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

The only problem I have with inside the nba is when they bash dwight for not dominating when the nba is soft now and if he even tries half the stuff shaq used to do, its a foul. Its like shaq refuses to see this. Other than that, its all hilarious, rockets bashing and all.

7. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

^^^^^This. You can't be a bully post up player anymore. It's not legal in today's game. You have to ballerina your way against your opponent.

8. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Barkley had many natural talents but he did not work hard to maintain nor improve much. Guy literally says you could eat anything you want as long as you can play. Sir Charles was an arrogant POS in the worst way. Even Shaq heeded and tried to somewhat improve himself in the off season and he was very arrogant and stubborn as well.

9. DocRock

DocRock Member

Demarcus Cousins? Z-Bo?

10. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Shoe me the footage, if it's legit I'll just assume that there's something the league holds against Dwight Howard and even more so now that he's a Rocket:grin:

11. Artie_Fufkin

Artie_Fufkin Member

Thanks for sharing your story. I wish you success with your battle. Look up Rick Simpson.

12. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

There was also the problem that Dream was just done at that point. Those three weren't going to the finals that year. There were alot of things done wrong during that season and Pippen's fat mouth did not help either. It was just really sad.

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

What has Tad Brown ever do to help the Rockets? Why do we keep this guy around?

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dream having that Peyton Manning year :(

15. vince

vince Member

Dreams decline coincided with the arrival of Barkley. Almost immediately, Barkley pushed Dream aside, even though Barkley talked like this was Dream's team.

It was just Hakeems personality, he usually deferred to bigger egos. He did it consistently in the All star games he played in.

If the Barkley trade would not have happened, I think Dream could have been a lot more productive a few more years.

Instead of Dream posting up, it was Barkley who'd post up more often. I think it's just that Barkely was a lot more aggressive in asserting his style. Even though Dream was the reason, that Barkley came to play here. Barkley just could not defer to Dream. It wasn't his nature. Drexler had enough of Barkley and retired too early....

Barkley was the implosion on the Rockets dynasty of the 90's.....

1 person likes this.
  16. topfive

topfive CF OG

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8-ugxfIYANA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

How's that retirement holding up for you, Scottie?

17. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Contributing Member

Dam i hate Pippen.

I don't think i ever hated anyone wearing a Rockets uniform (other than Chuck for about 6 months because we lost Horry & Cassell).

All i remember about that chump is him dribbling the playoff series away off his legs and pouting for 99% of the time he wore that Rox uni.

#217 RocketScientist, Jan 12, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  18. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

wow i didnt know that happened between Bark and Pip.

19. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Barkley is ignorant and shouldn't be taken seriously, but he is funny. Shaq is very boring.

20. dream2franchise

All I know is, when I want thoughtful, intellectual NBA analysis I turn to Charles Barkley and Shaquille freakin' O'Neal. :grin: