1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Heat @ Rockets 1/3/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 3, 2015.

1. Rockets_Insider

Thanks for sharing my piece! I recently joined the RedOrangeReport with Ben DuBose and Joshua Reese. I'll be posting on their site a 1-2 per week, providing breakdowns and commentary on games, players, etc. Follow me on Twitter at @Rockets_Insider, always welcome debates/conversations! If you liked this one, check my other pieces at http://redorangereport.wordpress.com/

1 person likes this.
  2. platypus

platypus Member

Yeah it worked against the heat because they have no traditional big men. But most teams do not have a quality big coming off the bench so you might get away with playing smith at the five.

Insider? What? I'm not sure what you are babbling about the "Author" is just a fan who put together a cool article. I didn't embed it because it had vines in the body of the article.

I agree i don't think in real time pop would have made that pass, his ball handling skills aren't that polished yet where he can make that pass while driving with someone at his hip.

3. SuperS32

SuperS32 Member

Enjoyed the analysis thanks. Would be great to see this for every game if someone had the time.

4. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

enjoyed the analysis

5. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Is it authentic?

6. Panda23

Panda23 Member

amazing how much Dmo has developed as a defensive player, dude has legitimately quick feet for a 7fter, cant remember who but they switched on a guard and he was in a stance way beyond the 3pt line, theres some confidence

7. Classic

Classic Member

I liked the article. The rotations should be fine tuned based on this game's template. The pieces just seemed to work together.

8. Braunatron

Braunatron Member

Wow I really liked that article. Clear, concise points with vine videos to emphasize each point. Good find.

9. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

I also liked the article a lot. Easy to follow.

10. Rockets_Insider

It's pretty tough breaking down every game. Until the Spring Semester starts, I'll be doing most of the games. The most likely scenario is that I'll create film-studies for specific games against prominent Western and Eastern Conference opponents.

11. platypus

platypus Member

That would be great, looking forward to it!

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Nice breakdown, Rockets_Insider. Enjoyed the read. I have a lot of respect for Ben, who often writes excellent columns for Clutch, and his association with the site definitely gives it some credibility, in my humble opinion. The only "problem" I have is with your moniker! I don't know how long you've been reading ClutchFans, but folks here get sensitive about other folks claiming to be "insiders," particularly if they don't have a track record of providing a scoop, at least once. Yes, it's just your moniker, but I figured I'd give you a heads-up. Don't be surprised if someone, someday, blasts you for "claiming" insider status, as irrational as that might be (depending on the context, of course). So fair warning, and welcome to the BBS! :-D-

13. awc713

awc713 Member

@Rockets_Insider is a really good follow on Twitter. Lots of good info for Rox fans, and yes, his articles and breakdowns are usually spot on.

So is @acohn1230, but I'm not self-promoting or anything.

14. Rockets_Insider