1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets need to start flopping more

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by joeson332, Dec 31, 2014.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

No flopping, but draw fouls efficiently.

2. haydenfisher342

Sucks but Dwight can't be a force anymore, physically. He's going to have to play more finesse like dmo.

3. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

Your sarcasm game is soft and needs work. Maybe you should try flopping instead :grin:

4. joeson332

joeson332 Member

sht made no sense fam

5. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I know this thing for sure. It's a damn insult that Splitter received no fines for his role in Sunday's game.

6. RESINator

RESINator Member

Dmo is a flopper but refs ain't gonna call that **** on him

7. SemisolidSnake

I got your sarcasm. Unfortunately, I think they HAVE been flopping more. Just seems over past couple of years like there's been an increase in us doing it. Beverly's obviously added it to his game. One play he'll be pestering his opponent super close and standing his ground, and the next play he'll take a dive from a slight brush. It just feels like he started doing that because it gets the call, and it feels like a necessity at times. Shame to see it.

Of course, even if you were serious, with the way we shoot free throws, flopping probably wouldn't even help us. *meekly chuckles* *sighs*

8. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Flopping does help.

See Miami with Dwayne Wade and Lebron.

See the SPURS!

See the Thunder!

Flopping should be incorporated, and I have no problem if my team is doing it and it's helping you win games. Flopping is a positive until it starts negatively effecting the team. It won't become negative until the refs get better.

Get rid of the "Charge"!

Blocking fouls should be called, no calls on would have been charges.

9. theimpossibles1

I agree with you, that would be fun. Of course that would take away from the refs ability to control the game, so don't get your hopes up!

Also FWIW Splitter is trash.

10. YallMean

YallMean Member

Yes we are a coin flop just a few more flops from being really really goods

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Many people have suggested this, but I never understand how people don't see the consequence of getting rid of the charge. Do you want to see the offensive player just knock down the defender by force to the basket? Players with no skills but brute strength would be superstars.

12. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I like your thought on that, as I agree to an extent.

But we are seeing abnormally large human beings fall down by these "little bumps"!

The NBA needs to become more physical, more post games, more etc. The flopping is an easy way out, and more guys need to man up and try defend the back to the basket game.

This guard oriented league is about a stones throw away from the And 1 mixtape tour.

Have you seen the way guys dribble now? Carry every single dribble. The things Chris Paul and Steph Curry do with the ball(James Harden as well) are completely illegal.

13. RocketTownHou

RocketTownHou Member

Agreed! We gripe about opposing floppers, and they sure do flop. But even Harden does a lot of "falling" when he drives to the hoop.

It seems like opposing coaches are buggin' the refs to call more offensive fouls on the Beard, and they're doin' it, too. My opinion is that the opponents can't seem to stop Harden 99% of the time and they're trying another method to stop him.
    But I think he oughta just keep on drivin'. The refs will eventually get it right (we hope).

14. flopi

flopi Member

You dont think Harden is flopping enough already? Dude even flops when McHale touches him.
    <iframe class="vine-embed" src="https://vine.co/v/OHDQigJTFBv/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script async src="//platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. theimpossibles1

See post 11, you lazy ****.

16. flopi

flopi Member

I'd argue that someone doing something that was already done is the opposite of 'lazy'. Rockets do have the biggest flopper in the NBA and the fans start a "Rockets need to start flopping more"- thread. It's hilarious.

17. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I really don't see Harden as a flopper, but he does initiate contact well he just doesn't throw his arms up like he got shot or something.

Dwight could use some flopping lessons but the refs wouldn't give him the call anyway cuz he's too strong. Other teams know they can get offensive calls against Dwight if they flop so they do it.

And whoever said this is the worst thread in the history of Clutchfans obviously missed the "We should trade Harden while his value is high" thread :rolleyes:

18. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Well you sure can't say Dwight Howard is a flopper, so props to the Big Guy.

Splitter is about as well trained as a Ginobili pupil could be. He Aced it !

19. joeson332

joeson332 Member

just going to leave this out there again

20. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

So, what you are saying is this wasn't sarcasm after all. You really mean this. Why bump your thread if it was just a sarcastic joke?