1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Grizzlies 12/26/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 24, 2014.

1. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Josh mother****ing Smith!

Also, Ariza proves once again that he's better than Courtney Lee. I hope you can now see that I was right all along larvs8.

2. CrashTheBoards

Lmao, someone actually said that?

1 person likes this.
  3. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

but why there is no AWAY announcers available for this game?

4. GMNot

GMNot Member

Good win...

Still a work in progress due to recent additions, injuries, changing lineups... so complaints should be kept to a minimum.

No matter how good it gets there will always be dumb plays by every player at some point... and at critical times of games. Have to live with that...

Howard may never have to be a "dominant" center with this roster. THAT would be quite an unanticipated luxury. Actually, with Harden he hasn't needed to be anyway. But now, maybe even more ways to win games.

... what still drives me crazy is the number of silly/bad/lazy passes leading to fast break points that get you down by double-digit points, leading to extra energy expended to make up for the mistakes... and bad shot selection... oh, uh, and poor FT shooting.

... and I don't think players are being "shopped" in a game that determines who leads the division.

A very good win, considering everything.

We'll learn more on Sunday.

1 person likes this.
  5. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Yes, the poster larvs8 had a quote of mine as his signature for a long time. He correctly quoted me as saying something like "I can't believe people actually thought that Lee was better than Ariza" where I was implying that Ariza has always been the better player. This was after the Rockets had traded away Trevor and picked up Courtney. I was right back then and I'm still right now and he's always been wrong about this one. He's avoiding it though.

6. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

We need to see how he fits in to determine his role. JS certainly contributed considerably to our victory against the Griz. Lots of factors may have contributed to his inefficient play as a Piston. His level of efficiency as a Rocket is unknown. If as you imply we almost totally rely on JH in crunch time juggernaut style that strategy's efficiency will tank. Other strong options have to be cultivated.

7. rustyrob

rustyrob Member

I hope once Josh is in that starting lineup, Dmo will get back to being a consistent low post threat off the bench. Hard to get in a rhythm without touches.

8. CrashTheBoards

Well, salaries were the driving force behind that trade.

9. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Dmo played horrible tonight. Can't go off of the box scores.

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

If no Canaan or Shved in second unit then will need Pap to back up Ariza. Terry sucks when he has to facilitate.

11. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

who should have taken that shots? ariza?

12. FeaR

FeaR Member

Harden stopped taking bad shots and he shoots better now. I don't have a problem with Smith taking 15-16 shots. Dmo and DH will get a few more and we will be balanced.

13. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

I'm only watching the 2nd half now. What's this I see--Dorsey defending Gasol better than Howard did?

14. JuckTheFazz!

JuckTheFazz! Rookie

Howard didn't close out until late in the 4th. Stupid.

15. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Y U no be my fiend broham?

16. w00t

w00t Member

What was so horrible about his play?

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

So ZBO is their go to scorer in the 4rth but they still need someone who can take over? Anyway I don't watch enough memphis grizz games to argue on this, however from what I've seen ZBo is pretty much Memphis' version of David Lee, yes he puts up pts and boards but then again his D is bad so opponents take advantage of that, Memphis touts themselves as a "grit and grind" team but from what I can see ZBO's porous defense holds them back. Marc Gasol is actually good enough to be the primary post scorer (as we have seen tonight) and unlike ZBO he is a great defensive player, if I was the Memphis trust group I'd build around Gasol, Conley JR. and maybe Tony Allen and just get shooters and floor spacers on the squad. The only reason memphis need to grind out wins is they don't have enough shooters on the team lol.

18. JuckTheFazz!

JuckTheFazz! Rookie

He was soft and couldn't get any rebound when we were up 100-91. But that's Memphis kind of basketball. They held, sandwiched and threw D-Mo around like a toy in the zone. He needs to adapt.

19. CrashTheBoards

Yeah, when we needed a bucket to send it to ot we went to harden. They went to vc. In the final minute, perimeter players take over because the whistle stops working. I think it is an electric whistle and it is programmed that way.:p

But seriously, they do not fall it the same way in the final minute as they do in the rest pf the game including earlier in the 4th. They are missing that closer. You saw gasol brick tat wide open jumper after that illegal screen and it would have counted.

Posting up is harder when the refs let the defender be as physical a they want.

20. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Don't forget turnovers... bad entry passes and Dwight turning it over once he secured possession.

Also, the offense ran thru Smoove many times even with Dwight on the floor.