1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Full Josh Smith Highlights from his Houston Rockets Debut

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 26, 2014.

1. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

good close out/defense on Carter there at the end. finally a PF that can guard on the perimeter as well.

1 person likes this.
  2. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

good game from him, ready to eat crow! shots fired at Detroit at the end lol

1 person likes this.
  3. shlhl

shlhl Member

Great game for the new guy. A lot of energy .

1 person likes this.
  4. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Loved that post game interview. He's a very well spoken guy, seems pretty smart for as much flak as he gets for being "low iq". Liked how he showed respect for the Pistons even when he didn't have to.

1 person likes this.
  5. haydenfisher342

Agreed. I think the only cancer he was dealing with was the city of detroit

1 person likes this.
  6. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Those were ridiculously terrible no calls at the end when Josh Smith got those 2 offensive rebounds.

Carter was literally hugging Smith throughout the entire possession.

1 person likes this.
  7. HighlightReel

HighlightReel Member

Notice how all except one made field goals are from attacking the rim. He should continue to utilize his strength at the rim and don't force his midrange jumpshots and postups. If he can get at least 50% (and even better if more) of his shots from attacking the rim and most of the remaining shots from the 3s (even if he can only shoot 28%), I am pretty sure he will be OK from the offensive standpoint.

I didn't think Josh was a classy guy, but the way he spoke at the end tells me something about his maturity. He could have dissed his old team, but I like that he still respects the Pistons even though he's with us now.

1 person likes this.
  8. cptnbreakdance

Bev holds all of this together. He is by far one of the most intense, team oriented played I've ever had the pleasure of watching. I hope he retires a Rocket.

2 people like this.
  9. OremLK

OremLK Member

I think he'll benefit a LOT from playing next to Harden and Dwight, like a better version of his days playing with Joe Johnson and Horford. I don't want him taking as many shots as he did tonight, and he definitely needs to lay off the jumpers unless he's wide open, but I don't mind him handling the ball in some matchups.

1 person likes this.
  10. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I liked the way he played tonight his passing is incredible and much needed along with his rebounding and Tim protection. I honestly never though he took a bad shot tonight and only reason he shot so much was because we needed somebody to step up and also he didn't get many calls either. That he should have got

1 person likes this.
  11. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Two things to mention...There were a couple of instances where Memphis doubled Harden...and the outlet went to Josh who attacked the paint...and got a quality look for Ariza...and one pass was to Howard, who got hacked...Josh made the right bball play...

Two questions...how are teams going to stop the Rockets??? They got any shot and every shot they wanted both inside and outside(especially with Howard in foul trouble and essentially ineffective offensively). Memphis tried packing the paint, and Josh just destroyed in his one-one match ups. They tried slowing down harden on the perimeter, and were quickly shown that plan was futile by the MVP... If the Rockets do trade DMo for Dragic, does that relegate our teams' best 3 point shooter to the bench??? I personally like what Bev has to offer as a starter...He also has really improved his shot and form, and think he has earned a starting spot on this team.

1 person likes this.
  12. Rokman

Rokman Member

Didn't get to watch the game but enjoyed the highlights video. I too liked the post game interview and I think Bull did a good job of making him feel welcome here. Great job Matt! I don't know if its the Bombay talking or the high from the highlights but I am psyched about this team! Wow! We got Josh Smith and all we had to lose was Tarik Black! WTF!?? LOL. How is that even possible! All I got to say is, I live this game and I love this team! Welcome home Josh Smith cause you ain't leaving now!

2 people like this.
  13. jae713

jae713 Member

Jsmoove doing what Royce White was suppose to do for us. Love his versatility. He was able to drive so effortlessly. If he is able to play without forcing his offense too much and taking what the D gives him, this will turn into a GREAT signing.

1 person likes this.
  14. prs325

prs325 Member

All I got to say is he looks good in Rockets Red. The jersey fits him so well like he's been wearing it for a long time

15. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Dragic would really thrive in the Jeremy Lin/Ginobili role of 6th man and could help to keep Harden's minutes down as well. Not sure how he'd feel about coming off the bench but with a max contract in hand maybe he wouldn't care..

1 person likes this.
  16. SemisolidSnake

Shots fired only from Matt, and I thought it was a crass comment from him. Josh, however, handled it with incredible dignity and humility on the spot. Very impressive. I think this guy will be doing plenty more post-game interviews on our team, and I look forward to them.

1 person likes this.
  17. Panda23

Panda23 Member

great game. hustled, attacked the basket, rebounded like a maniac.

takes this team to another level.

1 person likes this.
  18. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Very exciting to see the solid defense, rebounding and passing. But we knew we'd get that. What made it more exciting was the way he played (as McHale would say) "down hill". Only two 3 pointers. He played close to the basket offensively; didn't settle for long two's. That's when Smoove plays best. He needs to keep playing free, but disciplined, like he did tonight, and we might just have gotten a lot better. If Shevd steps up, and Papa and Jones come back we might be one of the deepest teams in the league.

Feel like we have a new lease on the season. Brewer and smoove are gonna be key for us!

2 people like this.
  19. CrashTheBoards

Karma.

20. reliableman

reliableman Member

It's been great to see smiles on the faces of the new guys...especially Brewer and Smith.

Brewer has been beaming since the news of the trade, and it continues to be noticeable during games.

Coming from bad teams/situations into our locker room seems to have an immediate positive impact. You can see all the guys encouraging each other throughout the game.

After that first Harden assist to Smith you could hear them slap hands...giving each other the recognition for the play. JS was smiling in the post game interview too.

1 person likes this.