1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Josh Smith has agreed to sign with the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Bobbythegreat, Dec 24, 2014.

?

Do you like the move for the Rockets to sign Josh Smith at the bi-annual exception ($2.1M)?

1. YES

862 vote(s)
    94.8%
  2. NO

47 vote(s)
    5.2%
  1. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

T-Jones is too small. Smith is a much better rebounder in traffic.

2. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Tjones could not. With that said I agree, we should have closed that game out in regulation. Carter made some monster shots AND there were a couple of BS calls made down the stretch. Six of one, half a dozen of the other. The bottom line is, we wouldn't have won this one without Smith. As inefficient as he was, we didn't need a 40 point performance from Harden to put this one away. That's a step in the right direction.

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think Josh Smith was ok on offense - at times impressive, and a lot of times, cringe worthy.

On D also a mixed case - he looked very slow to close out on shooters - that's not from being new, that's from used to not caring and playing on a losing team. I hope he adjusts.

If he brings it defensively, and doesn't take shots in crunch time he has no business taking, I think it will work out.

4. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

I know Howard's foul trouble and poor game were a factor, but any chance smooth agrees to come of the pine for 30 a night and would we be in favour of it?

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I see what you did there. :grin:

To answer your question, I think Dwight could.

6. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

Bev with the real talk. :cool:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>&quot;We got the homie J-Smoove. We dangerous now.&quot; - <a href="https://twitter.com/patbev21">@patbev21</a> <a href="https://t.co/iWgibS2Z8T">https://t.co/iWgibS2Z8T</a></p>&mdash; Houston Rockets (@HoustonRockets) <a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonRockets/status/548708356979179520">December 27, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. mario_v

mario_v Member

Terrance jones is listed as 6'9, 251 lbs. Josh smith is 6'9, 225 lbs. Stop making **** up.

8. Dankush

Dankush Member

Josh Smith jumps over Vince Carter twice and somehow he is now a better rebounder/player etc etc. than Terrence Jones?

Josh Smith has been a chucker his entire career IDK why you think that will change now and TJ is miles better on offense than smoove ever is or was and he is still 22 so his defense can still get a lot better. Not that it is even that bad in the first place.

The TJ hate here is so sick.

9. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Jones plays much smaller than his size. He gets out-muscled for position.

I do not trust Jones to grab the tough defensive rebounds.

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

OK then. He PLAYS too small. Like someone said, Josh Smith puts the power in power forward. First time the Rockets have had that in a while.

T-Jones doesn't "measure up" because height and weight aren't the only thing. Let's see if LaMarcus Aldridge treats Josh Smith like a practice session the way he did T-Jones in the playoffs.

11. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Stop it.

You are reading my mind.

Are you a mutant?

12. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Agree. I don't know how he's listed at 251. Jones n Dmo go up soft for rebounds no aggression

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Been called much worse.

14. mario_v

mario_v Member

Was zach Randolph playing ? Who did he out rebound? A guard, vince carter. Dont get ahead of yourself, it's only been one game.

15. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

We tend to overrate and overvalue our talent at Clutchfans.

16. baubo

baubo Member

I think for the first game this is a great start. There are some things people aren't considering when it comes to Smith's FGAs.

1. Without Dwight and Memphis basically playing to take away Harden, someone else HAS to take the shots. And it's not like Ariza, Terry, Beverley, Papa etc. were any good at creating shots before today. Josh Smith is not taking away Harden's buckets. He's taking shots away from guys who normally suck at creating.

2. Smith can be a better passer once he's comfortable. He's capable, but probably so used to Detroit's players clanking that he's not used to passing back out. That will come.

3. We played against one of the best defenses in the NBA. A lot of those misses will turn into makes against lesser teams.

Overall, I'm impressed. To me, it's more important to see the process than the results at this time. And the way Smith is playing shows he's adapting to the Rockets style. The results will come with time.

17. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Stick to twitter updates brah.

18. LelWestbrick

LelWestbrick Rookie

Could someone explain the TJ death cult on clutchfans? Are these his relatives or something? The Lin fans at least had a racial element that made some sense. Why the hell would anyone ride TJones jock wtf

He's a one way undersized roleplayer PF with a bizarre possibly career ending injury. Josh Smith is better. It isn't remotely close.

19. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Whatever guy. I guess you didn't see the two late contested rebounds he got. Oh well.

I've seen Josh Smith play for years. It isn't just one game. He can dribble/attack, finish, pass, rebound, protect the rim all better than T-Jones. Those are facts, like it or not. The one thing T-Jones can do better is shoot jumpers.

Look, if T-Jones is your pet player and my opinion offends you, move on. Rockets have improved themselves. Enjoy what happened tonight.

LelWestbrick, it's weird isn't it?

20. cptnbreakdance

Terrence Jones is has been out almost all of his THIRD year in the NBA. Josh Smith is an 11 year NBA veteran. Jones' first year was in the D-League, his 3rd has been marred by injuries. Lets compare apples to apples here.