1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Grizzlies 12/26/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 24, 2014.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Stuck at the hospital so restricted to Internet unfortunatly. Its been a crap 2 weeks and about the only escape I have right now is this, and the BS happens with LP.

Go figure

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Our whole lineup was clutch in OT. Harden clutch blocks, Smoove clutch offensive rebounds, Dwight clutch free throws. What a way to close out a win on the road.

3. JuckTheFazz!

JuckTheFazz! Rookie

I was just responding to some guy who downplayed Smith's performance and was saying that it was his fault we did not win in regulation.

4. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

No kidding. 11-2 on the road! It's almost a shame Harden scored that breakaway dunk at the end. Had he just dribbled out the clock, it would've improved the Rockets record in games decided by 5 points or less.:grin:

5. JazzLakerHater

How about you give us some time to adjust playing with an all star caliber power forward before you begin making conclusions. Sure it wasn't pretty, but it's the Western Conference. Every win matters.

6. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Ya, and it was absurd even then

7. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Like the twighlight zone...everyone doing something they were criticized for alot...Harden: Defense, Josh Smith:Inside post play, Dwight: FT makes

1 person likes this.
  8. haydenfisher342

my list of MVP in order

1.Harden
    2.Curry
    3.Brow
    4.Gasol
    5.Lowry

9. CrashTheBoards

Carter doing what he does. He hits big shots. He also misses them. He hits one big three and suddenly he is >>>>>>>>>>> Harden.

I think the Grizz are a lot better with VC. If Lee was more consistent (some players never change I guess) he would easily take over Allen's spot. Some nights he just can't contribute. Until then, I don't think VC and Conley will cut it. Prince is too old, Allen can't make a jumper.

10. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

...but improves our overall margin of victory so we rate better in the Hollinger rankings.

11. cptnbreakdance

I have League Pass. It's great when there aren't blackouts. I don't have cable, but I have a macbook and an AppleTV, and I stream from firstrowsports.net as my backup. AirPlay Display FTW!

12. MONON

MONON Member

Just checked the box score. Harden played the most at 41 minutes in an overtime. That's 36 in reg. I think we can keep him to that of less and have him fresh for the playoffs. Bring on the next opponent!!

OH CRAP!!! :mad: I'm gonna be at my son's place in Katy for the next 5 games. Now I love him to death, but he has Dish. I'll be going through Rocket withdrawl.

13. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Ha - so true. Good post

14. CrashTheBoards

Agreed. We are a tough team in OT so far this season.

15. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

they should probably be removed from the vote, let the coaches pick whoever to fill the roster out

16. SidDaKid

SidDaKid Member

Get ballstream!

17. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

brow after Gasoline/Lowry. You can't be MVP on a team with a losing record.

18. CrashTheBoards

Yeah, I thought McHale managed his minutes well. I don't know if he was punishing Dwight, but if you are gonna go small ball then keep Smith at PF to help with rebounds. Outside of that he did good.

19. pippsux

pippsux Member

Don't know if its a good win with the rockets new addition one josh smith or the beards total game, but damn I'm sticking my chest out.....

20. king20sp

king20sp Member

Can someone post the post game interviews here?