1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Grizzlies 12/26/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 24, 2014.

1. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

If every team was a good 3 point shoot team they would be good teams.

1 person likes this.
  2. CrashTheBoards

This is ClutchFans.

3. cptnbreakdance

Call me crazy, but I just don't see too many similarities in their games.

4. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Things I don't want to ever see again. Shved play. Please give Papa or Canaan playing time.

Overall. GREAT GAME!

5. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

NBA TV stating Beard MVP and not even close.

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

you forgot about flexibility.. with all that the rockets can still go out and get Dragic! just freaking amazing! it's embarrassing how Morey has set up the team.

7. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

D-Mo played 31 minutes. All the D-Morons can relax. He's a permanent fixture in this lineup.

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Sorry, but you are wrong. The one and only thing T-Jones has on Josh Smith is shooting jumpers. Smith is MUCH more versatile (attacking/finishing, passing, offensive rebounding, [anything else you can think of]).

On defense, T-Jones is a complete joke while Smith is very good.

T-Jones ceiling is Carl Landry.

9. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I feel like quoting HTOWN_DIEHARD again.

"Carter>>>>>Harden"

LOL Clutchfans

10. mazinger

mazinger Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. MONON

MONON Member

Harden getten some love on NBA-TV! :eek:

12. Grixo

Grixo Member

Smith took a lot of shots, but, legit, they were almost all good. Mainly layups. He had 2 three point attempts which sucked ass, but apart from that he was actually really really good. Hustle rebounds, good passing. The way he can drive into the paint as a pf was extremely good. It's not so much that they went to him as an offensive set, but that they gave him the ball and he went aggressive, and it worked.

Dwight had possibly the worst game of his career up until the very end, so he sat a lot, DMO wasn't playing particularly well either. That's why their touches were low.

No idea about Papa, but Terry had a good handful of minutes where he was a steadying three point threat and got the team back in it. I think that's how you play him, as a spark, he doesn't need to play all night.

Negatives - Dwight.......Shved was also garbage

Positives - Smith even better than expected, Brewer continues to be solid, and Harden with the classic 32/8/10 MVP performance

13. IgotNext

IgotNext Member

I'm so glad we won, I didn't want people turning on smith. Could you imagine if we had lost that game?

we got the WIN! !!!! And on his first game being thrown in there, that's all that matters

14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

mike fratello "Not even close"... Referring to Harden's position in the MVP ladder.

15. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Predominantly because dwight and dmo were being worthless, it's not like he took shots away from james, pat or trevor

16. Salvy

Salvy Member

Good game by The Rockets, but wasn't Conley even better? He played great out there and kept the team in the game. I can honestly say Conley does not get enough credit. Did anybody know Conley might not be an all star this year? Despite all the hard work and clutch plays he provides he is still having a hard time getting into the all star game... This is absolutely absurd, he is much improved on both ends of the floor and was fantastic today, what do you guys think about Conley?

17. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Ya, on the plus side, he took okay shots mostly, made some really nice passes, and though he didn't get any blocks you could see him alter some shots with his size. He rebounded well too.

On the downside, he took too many shots, cluttered some spacing for Harden, and seemed to be a little confused on the defensive side with when to switch from time to time but I hope those are all things he can correct with a lot more practice with the team.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Very wrong. While I agree Smith is pretty good.

TJones will be a beefier Odom light maybe not as crazy with the Kardashian

19. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Uhh, everybody knows the meme bro.

20. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Smith wasn't even getting calls. He could of easily gotten to the line a lot more.