1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2014-15

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Just trade (or cut) Dorsey and sign Smith.

DMo , Howard & Smith as your 3 big man rotation with Black & KPap getting minutes behind them.

You have a real solid SF/SG/PG rotation with Harden , PatBev , JET , Ariza , Brewer , Shved & Canaan.

Consider Dragic and a couple others in the offseason but no reason to spend the assets with the current roster.

If Smith flops you can still make a move to fix that hole around the trade deadline ...

Brewer was a huge upgrade , no more Nick Johnson playing minutes behind Ariza. The kid has potential but has been playing out of position and is really raw.

2. hooroo

hooroo Member

the rocket don't have cap room to make dragic an offer next year.

3. slickricky

slickricky Contributing Member

Assuming we got Josh Smith

DMO
    Canaan
    Capela
    K-PAP
    Pelicans Pick

For

Dragic
    Plumlee

Dwight/Plumlee
    Smith/Jones
    Ariza/Brewer
    Harden/Terry
    Dragic/Beverly

If we have to give DMO to get this done you give DMO

4. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

After Smith commits

Dorsey K-Pap NOP Pick,either Canaan or Johnson and possibly Capela for Dragic

Dragic, Bev, Canaan\Johnson
    Harden, Terry, Shved
    Ariza, Brewer,
    Smith, D MO, Jones
    Howard, Black, Capela

Fill in the blanks with either vet. Min guys or by bringing a third team in and acquiring expiring contracts. The later route may cause the rockets to lose Terry and\or Jones but if I were Morey then I would be willing to consider nearly anything in order to get dragic and shed salary commitments for the offseason.

5. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

It will most likely be Dorsey and a good second round draft pick to Philly for a crappy second round pick.

Then sign smith

6. Normalus

Normalus Member

Smith does not fit our organization at all. He will end up signing with some China team because no one wants him in NBA!

But since Pistons now tanking for sure - we coul try to snap Monroe on cheep. Not sure who would they want for exchange tho, but I would like Monroe and Dinwiddie on our team.

And this one for Aleksey Shved just kills me:

7. Mr Chuck Norris

Clearly the Rockets want him....

8. Normalus

Normalus Member

For vet minimum 1 year contract I could see GM's working on it, but Smith would rather take 5-8M in China for a year, I bet. He has no champion mentality in him, it's all about cash.

9. marky :)

marky :) Member

What? There are plenty of reports that teams are interested in him and we're one of them. He has no reason to go to China.
    1. He can pick from a handful of teams that have shown interest him in. (especially us)
    2. He still gets his money from the Detroit contract.
    3. He'll make even more money by signing with an NBA team. Not a whole lot more but still more.
    4. There is no just no reason to even suggest or think he would consider China.

10. Patricker

Patricker Rookie

Houston in : G.Dragic

Phoenix in : KPap+TJones+Capela+NO pick+NY pick

11. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Smith and Brewer could be enough to put this team over the top especially if Jones comes back. That being said DMo, Capela, Jones, Cannan, NJ and the NOP pick are excellent assets along with Terry or Pap to make the salaries work.

Someone like Dragic will be available come the deadline and the Rockets should have the best package available.

Could be a very very exciting time come Feb.

If Morey can somehow land a player like Dragic and still retain DMo we could be looking at a dynasty.

12. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I kinda like this one .... Not including DMo is a big part of why.

Even if they do land Smith , they don't have quality NBA players behind Howard & DMo at the big spots. Landing Smith & retaining DMo gives you a nice three man rotation where Howard & Dmo get all the minutes at the center spot and DMo & Smith get the majority of the minutes at PF.
    Black & Dorsey get garbage time minutes & situational substitutions / foul trouble , going three big.
    That makes KPap expendable ... as much as I like his game.

KPap , Jones , Shved , Capela , Canaan and the NO pick I'd be willing to consider moving

13. slickricky

slickricky Contributing Member

If DMO is a deal breaker for you guys... Then you guys are over your head! Dragic is an All-Star caliber player that would almost "guarantee" us a spot in at least the WCF. Dragic and Smith will give us a legit shot at an NBA Title! More then DMO ever will.... I love how much DMO has developed but if it means Dragic it is a no brainer... Come on!

14. joesr

joesr Member

Why is everyone so high on giving away everything for what would most likely be a one year rental of Dragic?

15. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

I agree, I'd rather trade for Bledsoe instead. That guy is a stud and plays better defense.

16. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Giving up DMo is a deal breaker.

This team is weak in the big man section before signing Smith. Signing Smith & moving DMo still leaves you weak there .... Signing Smith and retaining DMo leaves you with a solid three man rotation.

You have lots of other movable parts much more acceptable to the Rockets to move.

17. XxTCNxX

XxTCNxX Member

Just to be funny if we can't get Dragic..

Houston in: K. Walker

Charlotte in: Cannan + Capela + NO pick

1 person likes this.
  18. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Kemba dribbles the ball too much.

19. wadero

wadero Member

Simple trade Orlando gets Capaellla ( yes I screwed up his name ) and Johnson
    For Fournier and Dedmond throw in a pick if needed but it gets a back up to both Howard and Harden

20. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Happens today

Houston In: Dragic+Plumlee+AK47+Rights to Somone
    Phoenix In: Henry Sims, Papa, Shved, NOP 1st
    76ers In: Dorssy, Black, Capela, 2nd rounders