1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Josh Smith?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jayzers_100, Jul 11, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Pistons refused to include draft picks to unload Josh Smith, nor bring back problematic long-term deals. Felt this was best way to rebuild.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/547091197819633664">December 22, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. Nook

Nook Member

Teams want to find out why the Pistons are paying Smith $27,000,000 to go away.

3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

And they should! LOL. Really incredible!

4. ZJP3

ZJP3 Member

Josh Smith is TRASH. He is bad in the locker room and he is not even close to the player he used to be. Do not want.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Just watch tape of him playing basketball and it's easy to see.

6. Jay713

Jay713 Member

The Pistons have decided to tank, that's why they cut him loose.

7. finsraider

finsraider Member

Pretty much this. Worst case he's a terrible fit and we trade him for nothing. Best case he learns a new role (shoots nothing but open corner 3s and layups) and is a beast to handle at PF.

The only hangup would be him accepting a new role. If he is willing to be what TJones was, then he can fit. That's what I assume all this "exploratory" talk is about.

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

they have a better shot tanking with Josh Smith.

9. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

This way they can develop their young players and free up some cap space. The hard part was getting the owner to eat the money.

Even Woj mentioned that this will be more palatable under the new CBA.

10. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

You would be essentially paying him Dorsey money to take Dorsey's spot and you're getting a guy who's 100x times better.

This isnt like the Granger pursuit last year Smith is healthy and in his prime.

You do this immediately no question and as others noted if it works out you suddenly have the ability to move Jones or DMo for Dragic.

Morey could offer more money and a starting spot along with his BFF Dwight. like Rondo does Morey really want him?

11. cutchboycam

cutchboycam Member

Lol Josh Smith is not a 3 I don't know why y'all can't understand that. He has mid range shooting and post skills to go along with his excellent defense. Y'all are crazy if u don't want him banging with Dwight. Y'all must be the same people who were against us getting Dwight too like my buddy . playoffs came around , now what...

12. Pizza_Da_Hut

If the Pistons are in a lose now situation, with an owner who doesn't want to spend, stretching that contract over twice the number of years left (plus one) is rather cost saving. It isn't really the dollar figure that I think has teams scared of. I could be wrong.

According to Coon, "if a team has an underperforming player with one season remaining at $12 million, the team can waive him and stretch his salary across three seasons at $4 million per season. - Wikipedia

13. Pizza_Da_Hut

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Houston has advantage on most Josh Smith suitors, who only have minimum slots available: Rockets can offer Smith its bi-annual exception.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/547094410467770370">December 22, 2014</a></blockquote>

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Wow. This actually has a lot of buzz. I'm on board with it. Low risk high reward.

15. lillj

lillj Member

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 2m2 minutes ago
    Houston has advantage on most Josh Smith suitors, who only have minimum slots available: Rockets can offer Smith its bi-annual exception.
    RETWEETS
    FAVORITES
    Joseph T.Swaggy P.Jake BKenneth TsangGrandmaster ChillFlorida Kilos Joe TMarco MStarvin' Marvin
    10:20 AM - 22 Dec 2014 · Details

16. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

If that's the reason, the Pistons should play him 48 minutes every game.

17. mockster

mockster Member

This ^^^^ here's his career stats

TOT 11 yrs 15.4 7.8 3.3

That's points, rebounds and assist. Those stats don't look like somone who sucks and is better then even our current of starters jones and dmo?. Then people want to say Dorsey and black are better. Idk where all the propaganda is on smith sucking but I've watched him some this year and here is why. He needs to go back to pf as he was playing sf cuz pistons had two good pf and c players. Secondly he was trying to shoot to much. I don't think he fits as sf but honestly with practise he could honestly be mini lebron james *dont take this out of line* has the same body and I've seen some nice dribble and drive highlights that are impressive. Hakeem working with him could be godly for him

18. Pizza_Da_Hut

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Rockets would offer Smith their bi-annual exception, worth $2.077 mil, source said. Would come w good role, good team, good friend (Dwight).</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/547094943001755648">December 22, 2014</a></blockquote>

19. LosRockets2011

LosRockets2011 Contributing Member

Morey preparing to pass up another player for "cap space"

20. mockster

mockster Member

I'm melting