1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Josh Smith?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jayzers_100, Jul 11, 2014.

Tags:
  1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am not against Smith and if we are still getting Dragic....

that would make up for this below average offseason

2. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Yeah but with those three on the front court, the opposing team will be "clank galore" as well

3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Dwight loves that running left handed hook.

4. Progs

Progs Member

Hate this jerk. Annoying b*stard.

5. cutchboycam

cutchboycam Member

I'd say do it for this season see how it goes. He's a better tjones . y'all wouldn't want him banging down low with Dwight? That'd be sick!! All it takes is a good contending team to motivate a player like him to up his level of play. I don't think he shoots any worse than Dmo from deep

6. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

This Rockets team has horrendous depth.

Josh Smith with the biannual exception - 2 yrs, $4m is a no brainer. Low risk, high reward.

7. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

And who knows when TJones will come back. Smith might at least be able to guard Aldridge

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If it is between Josh and Goran... I'd still pick the Dragon though

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Clippers have initial interest with Josh Smith, but want to dig deeper before jumping in, league source tells Yahoo Sports.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/547089852819570690">December 22, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

1 person likes this.
  10. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Beat me to it by 3 seconds. Oh well.

What is with this dig deeper crap that everyone is saying? Does he have some sort of lingering injury?
    <iframe style="display: none;" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="rufous-sandbox" frameborder="0"></iframe>

11. izeroi

izeroi Member

what does dig deeper mean???

12. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Part of me is definitely against picking him up.

But the other part feels that he may prove useful. We don't know when Jones is coming back, if at all. Josh Smith is basically what TJ's ceiling was thought to be. He's still a great defensive player and he provides a target for Harden or Bev to lob to each and every night. McHale would have to hammer home the fact that he is not a shooter, and should do his work in the paint. He's a playoff veteran and I feel he'd be a good backup. He's the same height as Dorsey and is a better shot blocker than Black.

We should give him a chance.

13. Buzzlite

Buzzlite Member

Smith at a discount is worth it if he buys in and plays off the bench if needed

14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Yup! Pretty much.

15. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Definitely plays a position of need for the team. Athletic and versatile as well. If he can reign it in on the offensive end adding him could really be a steal.

16. i3artow i3aller

"Smith has been a disaster since joining the Pistons last season, but this is still incredible! The guy is owed $27 million over the next two seasons, and the Pistons despise him so much that they are just going to eat that money like a big bowl of **** because it means getting him off the team." :eek::mad::rolleyes:

17. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

When a team will release a player probably still in his prime, with no injury, while having a guaranteed multi year contract making 8 figures,

that's the only thing you need to know about Josh Smith.

18. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

V. Stivano made that term famous in her time there with Donald Sterling.

19. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

It isn't. Why would it be?

20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

If the Rockets can get Josh Smith, it allows them to consider other options/players to make available in potential Dragic trades.

For instance, let's say from the Rockets perspective they did not want to include Terence Jones initially. Maybe with Josh Smith on the roster, they reconsider? Same with KPap.

Josh Smith might make it easier for the Rockets to get Dragic.