1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Two NY policeman assassinated by African American as revenge for Eric Garner

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Dec 20, 2014.

1. The Law

The Law Member

Well this guy just punched out another easy day at the job. Hard to believe that instead of rolling through the projects profiling individuals and ruining the lives a good people I managed to catch a nice young man breaking car windows in a hotel parking lot. Following booking him in (without incident, mind you.) I was blessed with the opportunity of performing CPR on a 14 month old little girl until first responders arrived ultimately to determine that she had passed away. Hug your children, people, life is a precious and beautiful thing. Just another day on the job for this "Bad Apple."

Now I get to go wake up my son so we can watch Case Keenum put a beat down on the Ravens.

Go Texans and God bless you all.

2. Remii

Remii Member

So you're saying the racism that already exists towards black people will increase... Lol...

3. flopi

flopi Member

No, this is what happens when every random idiot can buy a gun at Wal Mart (and as easily in other shops). I don't see him killing 2 policemen from outside their car with anything else than a gun. There are reasons why the US is leading the entire western world in homicide rate & gun crime.
    For all we know so far this crime had nothing to do with any religion. In my opinion every religion is causing nothing but trouble, but simply hating on an entire group of people for a crime they had nothing to do with... That's just stupid. And I don't think I need to tell you that 99,9% of the Muslims live in peace, some crazy idiots who still live in the stone age in the middle east dont change that. Other religions have caused just as many deaths until this day. If you want to hate religious crime, at least hate each religion equally since none is better than the other. In this case though, religion had nothing to do with it.

1 person likes this.
  4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I hate to inject politics into this tragedy (and I *know* no one ever injects politics into tragedy here... especially in this case). But it always makes me wonder why Republicans and other right wingers question and complain about the tendency of African Americans to support the Democrat/liberal/progressive/"libtard"/"leftie" (add the word of choice) when I see threads like this.

5. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Bigtexxx: elevating the conversation on race once again. I just am thankful this nutcase wasn't a New Yorker.

RIP to those officers and peace to their families.

6. Remii

Remii Member

Stricter gun laws are coming...

Good thing this guy isn't still running free like Eric Frein... NYPD would've left a dead body trail looking for him.

7. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

I do not condone in the slightest way the actions of this individual.

I must, however, mention your comment about the brave police officers. Shooting unarmed men and locking in a chokehold resulting in death isn't bravery...it is thuggery.

8. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Eric Garner and Michael Brown protesters wanted dead cops, and they got 'em. Despicable. This is what happens when media and protesters rationalize the killing of cops -- it actually happens. Tragic. All this could have been prevented if Mike Brown and Eric Garner didn't resist the police... and the race hustlers saw their opening to get their airtime.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/dj4ARsxrZh8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  9. bigtexxx

simple mindedness -- always trying to oversimplify

Grand juries have seen all the facts and disagree with you

10. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

It was only a matter of time. Horrible people have to keep dying over these things.

11. Buck Turgidson

You're talking about cops, right?

12. VanityHalfBlack

13. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Mentally ill fool finds a reason to be violent and kills two innocent people. Believe it or not my friend this gun violence issue is bigger than race. Stupid or ill Americans killing innocent Americans with guns is a problem regardless of race.

14. bigtexxx

Oh look at all the rationalizing going on.

No, the media and the race hustlers' continual message of "police brutality", and "police hate black people" had absolutely nothing to do with it...please, son.

Obama, DeBlasio, Sharpton, Jackson -- all have blood on their hands. There is simply no denying that.

1 person likes this.
  15. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Depending on who you ask, your sig is quoting the most famous "race hustler" of them all.

16. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Very tragic and my heart goes out to the officers friends and families.

Let's make no mistake about it these were the actions of a mentally weak individual with much deeper issues. We are still waiting to learn more about this but I feel pretty safe to say that this isn't part of some larger movement.

That said this is yet another sign of the depth of mistrust between LE and those who they are sworn to protect and serve. I do think the rhetoric is getting too heated and inflammatory comments by people on both sides of the issues aren't helping. Most officers are good people who take their work seriously but the amount of power and fear that this job engenders just magnifies when some act recklessly or maliciously. Further at the same time when LE appears to be held to a different standard in justice system just increases the amount of distrust.

17. bigtexxx

NY Police turn their backs on Mayor DeBlasio... due to him fanning the flames against the police. Police blame DeBlasio as contributing to these senseless deaths.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/21/nyregion/worst-case-scenario-comes-true-for-de-blasio.html?_r=0

It is the sequence that every mayor dreads: the ominous report, the scramble to the hospital and the confirmation that, yes, an attack against the police has proved fatal.

But for Mayor Bill de Blasio, the tragedy on Saturday — when two police officers were shot and killed in an ambush in Brooklyn, according to the authorities — arrived at a particularly trying moment, amid an already fractious relationship with the police.

Police union leaders and officers could be seen turning their backs to the mayor and the police commissioner, William J. Bratton, as they walked past, in a video taken at the hospital where the two held a news conference on Saturday.

A written message from Edward Mullins, president of the Sergeants Benevolent Association, addressed the mayor directly. “Mayor de Blasio,” it read in part, “the blood of these two officers is clearly on your hands.”

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So people are blaming the protests of police brutality for these murders and not the police brutality itself? Comical.

This is a terrible tragedy and one that should be a wake up call to everyone on both sides.

19. bigtexxx

20. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Wow, some of these posts are disgusting. To take joy in anyone getting executed, cops or not, makes you a sad and despicable human being. You're really a terrible person if you think this is a good thing, or make comments like " who cares." I say this as someone that thinks the cop was completely at fault in the chokehold case.