1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Feigen (chron): Bye bye Maddox and Morris.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Achebe, Jul 2, 2003.

1. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

Screw Charlie Ward. LET'S GET TIERRE BROWN BACK!

2. Tmo

Tmo Member

Dearest BBSers:

goodbye. it was fun while it lasted.

with my very best,
    Terence Morris

3. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Good improvement last year, TMo. Good luck elsewhere.

Ok, now don't resign Posey. He played himself out of a job last year. Bad shots! Cuttino-esqe. And dude has no, repeat NO mid game. We don't need buck johnson 2. Sure, I liked the defense at first, but dude played some really crap ball as the season wore down.

Bring in Lamar Odom! Or at least SAR.

The answer to our contracts deal is trades. We need to move Cato. We need to move Taylor. We need a tall, passing, boarding 3, a banger 4. We need a shooter. Make yr best deal with Rice, Cat or EG as sweetener and move on. Starters win, not backups.

4. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

they'll try and sign TMo for considerablly less.

5. ILuvEddie33

ILuvEddie33 Member

Okay Maddox I understand but why Morris! When he actually got playing time he was good! I think we should keep him! But hello we are the Rockets!:(

6. ILuvEddie33

ILuvEddie33 Member

Ha Ha!:D

7. ILuvEddie33

ILuvEddie33 Member

I dont remember people bashing TMo! I was just wondering why do so many people like Nachbar so much? I havent seen him play so I dont know!

8. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

That's the problem of alluding to your favorite player in your BBS name -- you can be out of date very quickly. How many posters are there now with monikers based on players no longer on the team?

9. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Players come and go but GP is eternal.

10. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Gald my 300th post was so meaningful.

11. HotRocket

HotRocket Contributing Member

Odom seems like a great complement to Steve, but not really to Yao. Odom can run the floor, he can handle the ball, and he can drive to the hoop. But all those are things that Steve can feed on. Yao needs a Small foward who can hit open three-pointers, and can help defensively when need be. I think Posey can learn to fit that job. We saw last year, near the end of the season, that Posey could in fact hit the open shot and play sufficating defense.

We just need to get the guy signed to a long-term cheap contract, and we will be set at SF with Posey and Nachbar. My biggest concern is at PG. We have three players who can play SG (Cat, Steve, and Hawk,) but only one PG who can play the position well (Steve... duh.) Bring back Terrie or find a free agent, but don't let Mooch destroy our second unit (insert pg here, Hawk, Bokie, Mo Tay, and Cato; that's a pretty good second unit to me.)

12. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think he fits with Yao as well- Odom is a very unselfish player on the court, and has the handles and vision to be a distributor.

If we could get Odom, I'd resign Posey as well. I'd play Posey at the 2 (where he played in Denver), Odom at the 3, and Francis at the 1, bringing Cat off the bench- as the offense develops more around Yao, we could actually go to a Mobley-Posey-Odom lineup, in essence eliminating the need for a backup point guard. Cat's minutes wouldn't be hit too hard, as he'd become the primary backup for all 3 perimeter position.
    That is the way to take advantage of zone defenses. Have a 7-5 guy in the middle, surround him by 6-10 shot blocker, another athletic and LONG 6-10 player, and athlete with defensive skills like Posey, and an athletic PG at the top. Watching Odom, his shot has greatly improved, and he's become a very good midrange shooter. Posey shot 40% from 3 point land over the last quarter of the season, and he's made huge strides as well. Francis can hit the 3, and with a playmaker like Odom (let alone, Yao), he'll be better set up. We know Mobley can shoot it as well. And hopefully, Nachbar would become a "designated shooter" off the bench as well.

13. CBrownFanClub

CBrownFanClub Contributing Member

Dearest BBSers:

goodbye. it was fun while it lasted.

with my very best,
    Patrick Ewing

14. sun12

sun12 Member

Name Min/G FG% FT% 3P% Asst/G PPG
    MOOCHIE NORRIS 16.8 40.61 68.42 24.44 2.39 4.35

40.61% FG, 68% FT, 24.4% 3p

he should never shoot a 3-pointer, and he should improve his FT% as a guard. How much are we paying him?

15. DearRock

DearRock Contributing Member

I really hate exposing Tmo like that. Expose in the sense we may just lose him. It is really an attempt for him to test the market given by the rockets. I am sure, unlike HP's thinking, the team wishes he ends up coming back. Tmo does not prevent the team from increasing its guard depth. There are two spots available to do just that, assuming we assume that JP is not available to play in #2. I think he fits this team, chemistry-wise and the fact that he can play two positions, handles the ball well and can shoot, rebound and pass. We are being penalized for having too much talent.

16. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

As biased as I am (James Posey being my favorite player), I don't know how some of you don't want Posey back. He plays his ass of on D, he puts his body on the line and hustles every night, and he leads the cheerleaders when he's on the bench, unlike some of the other players who sit on the bench like f#cking zombies with towels adorning their heads. He may not be a great shooter, but there is so much improvement in his stroke from his rookie year it's unbelievable. I remember some of those shots -- oh lord, he would airball 'em, clang them off the glass, etc. No shot whatsoever. But he's really been improving. And maybe I get a little excited when I see J.Po leaping over 3 defenders to slam home a two-hander. Ah...I just can't see us not retaining him. If he can improve his shot just a little more...I can see him being our Bowen, our Christie, if you know what I mean.

Assuming he comes for the MLE of course. ;)

17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Such things happen when you have "one of the great teams ever assembled in the NBA"

Come on dudes, Morris is a decent 10th or 11th man, nothing more. Who cares?

18. craziaries

craziaries Member

It's hard for us to evaluate anything at this point. This is virtually becoming a new organization. Our old formulas didn't get us to the point we wanted to be. Expect alot of changes. This is nothing compared to what we might see soon. Van Gundy isn't going to jump right into Rudy's shoes. He's got his own pair. It is hard to say goodbye to a system that we have believed in for so long.

19. alaskansnowman

Posey's shot improved DRAMATICALLY over the last part of the season. If his shot is still the same or *gasp* even better, then I would like to have him back.

20. egn

egn Member

Thank you