1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

The Increasing Urbanization of the Toyota Center Entertainment Experience

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Aceshigh7, Dec 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Progs

Progs Member

"The Higher the seats got, the uglier the people got"-Chris Rock

2. BossRolen

BossRolen Member

Yes. Dats raycess.

3. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I'm a successful 40 year old white male and I love hip hop. LOVE it. Your post screams racism regardless how you word it. It almost seems like you're scared or something. I've been going to games for over 30 years, at least 15-20 a year and I enjoy it now more than ever, I just wish our crowds were the same as the Summit days.

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I think the Rockets are getting too Jewish. Look at Harden's beard. You just can't help but want to put a kippah on his head.

5. StraightG

StraightG Member

**APPLAUSE** All of this is gold.

6. scottie brooks

cherry picking.

7. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

This thread is both hilarious and sad at the same time.

8. alethios

alethios Member

You had me at White Riot. Love the Clash. But you should know that some of the best punk pioneers were Bad Brains and A Band Called Death - look 'em up.

I think OP should have simply stated he didn't like the music and the style of dancing/clothing by the RPD or maybe wanted more of a family-friendly atmosphere and left it at that.

9. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Don't you mean "black cherry picking?"

10. Eps

Eps Member

/http://media0.giphy.com/media/Ql5voX2wAVUYw/giphy.gif?w=780

11. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I haven't been to the actual arena in a few years, so I have no opinion on it. But, the team has a whole department dedicated to engineering the game experience. I'm sure they have the customer base segmented and have evaluated each segment for loyalty, for price elasticity, for willingness to spend on ancillary services in the arena, etc., as well as the sorts of music, entertainment, foods and so on that they prefer. If the experience doesn't appeal to you, it's probably because the team has made the calculation that you aren't worth pleasing. It's not a value judgment; they did the same to me when they decided ticket prices should be in the double-digits. I mention it just to say your bad customer experience can't really be 'fixed' because they did it on purpose.

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Your post is spot on. But you know what. There were plenty of racist sentiments about Asians when Lin was here and whenever someone brought it up, it was quickly put down as some irrational LOF stuff.

Apparently the OP did not realize how racist his comments were. Most people here smelled it right away. On the other hand, Americans are extremely ignorant about racism against Asians.

13. dandorotik

Seriously, who really cares about this nonsense? If the Rockets players, collectively, all liked Justin Bieber as their favorite artist, I would wholeheartedly endorse playing nothing but J.B. all game long. Whatever it takes to motivate the players is good with me.

14. Sajan

Sajan Member

Maybe I am confused but do people know the difference between racism, and stereotyping?

Do people really hate another person based on skin color? Or are they just not fond on that person's "culture"?

Hating rap music is not really a race thing. Various races listen to such music.

15. apollo33

apollo33 Member

yeah, that's why the OP clearly stated even his successful black friends hates rap music

16. dandorotik

Yes, but Asians kind of deserve it, right?

[​IMG]

17. solodolo

solodolo Member

Yeah plus his black african americans friends agree with him

18. JuckTheFazz!

JuckTheFazz! Rookie

I hate black pepper :mad::mad::mad:

19. Sajan

Sajan Member

There are distinct actions and behaviors that are associated with any culture..
    -type of music
    -clothes
    -language
    -daily life
    -etc

OP doesn't like the music, or the clothing. I don't think it makes him a racist.

Just like I wouldn't be a racist if I said I hate rock n roll music..

20. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I can only speak for myself, but I can tell you that I personally reported a post or two where people accent-mocked in an attempt to insult Lin fans they presumed were Asian. I don't find that type of thing amusing in the least, and don't think you can paint all Americans with that brush.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.