1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight questionable tomorrow night against Nuggets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by madbomber, Dec 16, 2014.

Tags:
  1. SachaShakur

SachaShakur Member

You seriously named Kelvin Cate together with Ming Howard Sampson and the Dream ?... WOW

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

It's well-documented that Kelvin Cato was on his way to take over the NBA until brain problems took him down.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Gj1DV4bLogk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. SachaShakur

SachaShakur Member

Cato i should say

4. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

We assigned Capela back to the DLeague. Howard will play vs Nuggs on Weds.

5. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

This is weird due to the fact that he had 3 days off to rest the knee.

6. scottie brooks

BBC at it again?

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I'm not sure if this is NBA-wide....but it seems like houston is listing their injuries this season very much like they do in the NFL. It's not uncommon to see NFL guys listed on the injury report and they still play like always.

So, "questionable" seems to be a way of saying he's technically able to play, but they are going to monitor him until the last possible second just to make sure nothing flared up, so he's not a lock. That's the way it should be, really. You cant just expect them to bring him back and not be cautious. They'll have to monitor is closely at least until he's played several games without any flare ups.

Also, keep in mind the Rockets release the injury report only at specific times, so the fact that we're just hearing this doesn't necessarily mean something happened that caused concern. They could have just as easily said the same Sunday morning, but they weren't required to say anything, officially anyway, until now.

#67 RV6, Dec 16, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
  8. Zbed

Zbed Member

26pts 13rbs 3blks bone on bone my ass

9. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

tmac also got microfracture without consulting the team.

10. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

I agree, I think they're just taking precautions and doing a strategic "injury" a la Spurs.

11. JesusAllen

JesusAllen Member

IF they are being strategic about it , and its just fluff to distract other teams. Use less scary sounding injuries. The knee that caused him to just miss 11 games , sounds like hell to us fans.

12. noppeper

noppeper Member

I'm not sure you want to take the Spurs strategy with a Rockets team that, unlike the Spurs, is still trying to prove itself. Every game counts towards building the cohesion and winning strategies that will be put to the test in the playoffs, so I would think management would want the team at full force for every game (sans special cases, such as 4 games in 5 nights scenarios).

13. theimpossibles1

Hopefully we are just Popoviching. Dwight seems to play better the longer he has been out. Last year in the playoffs he carried the load while James was still shaking off rust from his week off. Harden on the other hand seems to play better the less rested he is. B2Bs, 40+min games, etc. Hopefully we are using this knowledge to our advantage here. A fully rested Howard would be awesome come playoffs, we all know he would be playing these games if it were playoffs/fighting for a spot. Harden should (if reasonable) be given off two weeks or so a month before the playoffs start and then play the final two weeks of the regular season to fully shake the rust off. Howard, ideally, will just be plugged into games where he gives us a highly favorable match-up and then rested the final week or two of the season. I think the coaching staff and I are on the same page here.

14. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

LOL. Perfect

15. desertfire

desertfire Member

If it was really bone on bone, that is arthritis. It gets better with joint replacement surgery. I know he used that as a description, but if that was literal, we would be looking at career ending issues.

16. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Blonde on Blonde

17. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

It's hardens team. F Dwight

18. AXG

AXG Member

Already?

19. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

20. htwnbandit