1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Dragic will be a rental. Suns have not much leverage here if he wants to walk.

I'd do NOP Pick plus some filler to get him. NOP Pick + TJ at most.

I'd like to keep Terry for that Vet leadership and clutch 3's.

2. finsraider

finsraider Member

Because they have weak wing play and Anderson has supposedly been on the market for some time. No idea what NOP would be willing to accept, but a cheaper, younger, skilled wing seems like a pretty good option. Kpap is the type of guy that would play well next to Davis.

3. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

I like this Carl better:)

All Morey does is Ngyuen Ngyuen Ngyuen no matter what.

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I think it is useful to note that PHX's GM Ryan McDonogh came from the Boston Celtics organization. This likely means that his approach to team building is at least fairly similar to the approach employed by Danny Ainge and Daryl Morey.

Elements to this approach includes 1) collect assets regardless of team need and position, but keeping their likely future value and liquidity instead 2) work hard to maintain cap flexibility, and 3) trying to use the assets and flexibility to land top stars who can serve as core pieces to a title contender.

You can see PHX doing these things in trading Gortat's expiring deal for a pick, signing Isaiah Thomas and drafting another PG while already having Dragic and Bledsoe (who was an RFA at the time), and playing hardball with Bledsoe's contract negotiation.

So I don't think McDonough will care too much what position his incoming assets play, or whether he actually intends to use an extra draft pick to select another rookies but rather focus on whether any of these have the ability to become elite players and valuable they can be as trade assets when he tries to flip them for an elite player (like when Morey made the deal for Harden and when Ainge flipped assets for Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett).

Thus, so what if PHX has plenty of draft picks already? So what if they have the Morris twins or Bledsoe or whoever or that they "need" a rim protector? PHX will just try to get the best collection of assets they can get on the market (with the minimum requirement that these incoming assets likely to be more valuable to them in their future efforts than the outgoing asset).

#16684 Carl Herrera, Dec 16, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
  5. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

I once said there are so much "homer trades" here that opposing fans would laugh at. That's one of those. PHX would renounce their best player Dragic for Anderson and Capela?? Please. Their much bigger need than stretch-4 is someone like Asik. The starting Morris twin can hit a midrange jumper (and is sloowly developing the 3 shot) and while Anderson would be a great upgrade at PF spot for their offense, they still don't address the interior defense.

6. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

This is from a Suns fan:

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1358209&sid=6adf588620618f5642eeec16579ac776

7. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

8. finsraider

finsraider Member

Eye of the beholder. Someone else just accused me of not being fair to NOP.

2 years of Anderson and 4+ years of Capela is worth every bit as much as 1 year of Dragic.

9. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>ICYMI: Goran Dragic briefly &quot;favorited&quot; this earlier today. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Rockets?src=hash">#Rockets</a> <a href="http://t.co/HMuNcBZVlW">pic.twitter.com/HMuNcBZVlW</a></p>&mdash; Ben DuBose (@BenDuBose) <a href="https://twitter.com/BenDuBose/status/540285531955818498">December 3, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

1 person likes this.
  10. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Houston In: Dragic, Plumlee
    Phoenix In: Jordan Hill, NOP pick, Daniels, Garcia, Marvin Williams, Hornets pick
    Lakers In: Kidd-Gihlchrist, lance Stephenson, Gerald Green
    Hornets In: TJones, Wayne Ellington, Isaiah Canaan

Houston gets backup Center and Dragic
    Phoenix gets a big man and depth in positions that aren't Point Guard
    Lakers get prospects who can grow once Kobe retires
    Hornets get rid of a virus named Lance Stephenson, get more depth in the PF(maybe have TJones play SF), backup SG, and depth at the PG.

11. jrett121

jrett121 Member

2/3 of a year! agreed.

12. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

i accidently favorite tweets all the time. Non story.

13. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Likely. I merely said it was interesting (to me) in combination with his recent follow of the team account.

14. finsraider

finsraider Member

Don't think anyone is taking this too literally.

Honestly, the Dragic "follow" by the Rockets feels more like Morey's Millsap "follow" at the deadline last year. They're probably just toying with us.

15. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

There's a link there I provided smart guy. In case you didn't know, links open up other web pages.

Maybe posting every Suns fans opinion ever would satisfy you instead?

16. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Yeah, because Rockets fans have a better idea of what the Suns want/need than Suns fans do.

17. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Ahh didn't know about the follow, but when has that ever actually worked out? I remember 2(?) years ago when Morey followed half the Magic team.

18. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Not that I think there's anything to it, but it's a bit different when the player starts following the rockets, and not the other way around.

19. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Rockets twitter is probably headed my Morey.

It's his way of telling Clutchfans what is going on!

20. Sanity2disChaos

LMAO....!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.