1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kobe has a meltdown in Lakers practice.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RedRedemption, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Exiled

Exiled Member

LOF will put it this way " Kobe is trying to fix what Harden did to Lin"

2. jayland

jayland Member

3. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

remember how the LOFs hated Harden? imagine how they fill about Kobe! haha

in all honesty i feel what Kobe is saying... he wants to win regardless and if he doesnt think everyone is giving it 100% he is going to call them on it.

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

If he wanted to win he'd have gone the Duncan and Nowitzki route. Or, heck, the Lebron route.

Kobe cares about winning on his terms only.

5. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Kobe is a winner... i dont like the guy but you cant say "if he wanted to win..." he has won!

Just because he is older doesn't mean that he doesn't still think he is the best player to ever play. When you have someone with that mentality they are going to want to win on their terms because they feel like they know what it takes to win.

Jordan punked plenty of people in practice... and he made a ton of money

6. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Probably the only difference between this and most other NBA practices was the camera.

7. gumbleton3

gumbleton3 Member

Would love to see Lin throw a punch at Kobe.

8. Ghost_of_Akeem

Kobe's career in a nutshell.

1. Ride Shaq's jock to three titles, then cry about Shaq because he doesn't feel like he's getting enough Kudos.

2. Shaq leaves and wins another ship with D-Wade.

3. Kobe cries because he can't lead his team out of the first round despite several chances.

4. Lakers respond to Kobe tears and draft Bynum and trade for Pau Gasol. Kobe rides his elite bigs to two more championships, yet cries any time they fall short. Gasol goes on the trading block for nearly his entire tenure in LA, he always gets the blame when the Lakers lose, when Lakers win it is because of Kobe.

5. Kobe shoots 6 for 24 in NBA finals game 7 against Boston, Lakers still win but it was because of Kobe, not Gasol or Bynum. Kobe wins finals MVP.

6. Kobe throws Gasol under the bus yet again the very next year, Lakers try to trade Gasol - denied by Stern. Basketball Reasons.

7. Lakers fail to win the championship, yet again. Kobe cries out for more help, Kupchak inserts Steve Nash and Dwight Howard. Multiple rings incoming....both guys get hurt and figure out they can't stand to be in the same locker room with Kobe. Howard leaves the following year, Nash continues to baby his injury in hopes he will never make it back.

8. Kobe signs enormous deal, hampering the Lakers from building a competitive team for the remainder of Kobe's playing days. Kobe cries to Mitch again about having D-League teammates, Kobe tries to act like MJ at practice despite the fact that he never was MJ. Kobe rode the backs of elite bigs for his entire career to win ships, he then threw them all under the bus and called them soft and they all ended up leaving.

End of story.

1 person likes this.
  9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

*Slow claps*

10. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

If Lin wasn't such a pushover, he'd actually be a pretty good player in this league.

As for Kobe, I'm going to guess he pulled less of these stunts when Ron Artest was on the team.

11. CrashTheBoards

[​IMG]

12. Raven

Raven Member

Passive aggressive posturing to justify his ball hogging. He's an expert at it.

13. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

Not trying to start a race argument but there is a lot of truth when you say it's an Asian thing. There are quite a few Chinese ballers at my gym and they keep quiet when the other ballers try to punk them. The Filipinos that play there, however, don't take ***** from anyone.

14. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Good for Kobe. He is a competitor. He is just showing a young team how it is done. What needs to be done. There is a reason why Nick Young has come out of nowhere. Rondo would do awesome in LA with Kobe. They would compete every night. With Byron as coach I think that team would go far with Rondo and Kobe at the helm. Lin is just garbage and Kobe is helping the world see what Rockets fans knew all along. Dwight, Harden, Mchale, Parsons were just too nice to say it to Lin's face. He was over rated in Ny, he wasn't criticized enough in Houston, and now Kobe and the Lakers are going to spit him out like the " bu--s---" he is. Eat it Lin fans!

1 person likes this.
  15. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Ghost_of_Akeem
    [​IMG]

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dwight is Asian?

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I do not think Jordan was not that aggressive or should I say obsessed with basketball at age 37.

People forgot he loved Baseball.

18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Bryant was also getting on Jeremy Lin during the scrimmage, daring him to shoot whenever he had the ball, yelling, "This mother----- don't got s---. He ain't got s--- right now. Shoot! Shoot!" After Lin missed a pull-up jumper, Bryant said, "I talked his ass right into that bulls---. I talked his a--- right into that bulls---."

This is so epic, must be frightening to be on a team with Kobe.

19. flopi

flopi Member

According to ESPN he is not practicing a lot:
    http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/...be-bryant-critical-teammates-heated-scrimmage

Seems to work fine with Duncan and Dirk though, who are even playing for playoff team and have no problems practicing and playing games. For Kobe that's too much? I'd say that makes him soft, not his teammates.

20. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

It wasn't that bad when I watched the footage, typical trash talk on the court. What was Lin supposed to do, get upset and yell at him? I would have shot the ball to because if I drained it, he could have gotten all up in his face about it. Anyway, I didn't expect any less from Kobe, this seems typical, non story.