1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Marc Spears: Dwight's knee is bone on bone

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Dec 10, 2014.

Tags:
  1. lr22

lr22 Member

I don't mind if Dwight needs constant rest or PT limit or something. We've got our superstar big in D-Mo, who's just 24 and one of the healthiest players in the league.

2. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

How many watch the Rockets because of Dwight Howard? Maybe they watch Harden or DMo or PatBev.

Ever think the FO is waiting to see if the PRP treatment for Dwight works?

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Lol. Put down the pipe.

4. dram1

dram1 Member

Ya know...there was a time when this statement would have been taken as pure sarcasm, but the recent emergence of DMo has added some truth to it. While perhaps not a superstar, he definitely can be trusted in the post as he has a multitude of moves and quich feet and hands. He will have to learn to deal with the double teams that are sure to come and fronting defenses. He has gained some solid weight which has made him more of an anchor on defense and not getting pushed around as much. I would like to see him work with Hakeem as I think he has the quickness and better mobility to replicate some of what Hakeem did. It sure was nice to see us running some inside-out offense with him recently vs Golden State. That jump hook looked ok but Hakeem can help him clean it up.

5. CertifiedTroll

Are you being sarcastic??

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Sadly Dmo produces better than Dwight in the post and can at least hit some free throws. Dwight alone without this Dmo on the team would be bad. I hope Howard can adjust his game and take a step back to become a finisher with Dmo passing to him from the post.

7. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Relax.

8. Convictedstupid

Dmo is definitely adept at throwing the oop. Hopefully we see plenty more of it.

9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Naaaaaaaaaah. (putting on tin foil hat) He's just exaggerating a bit to keep us off the Baby Mama scent. Georgia state police must be about to close their investigation. (me, whistling past the Rockets graveyard....)

10. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Dude Asik sucks!! Rockets are winning more with Black and Montijunas. Asik can't even finish a layup.

11. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

We need rim protection. We still need Howard.

12. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

It would be nice if we had one injury update thread that had updates at the top...just a thought.

I'm hoping Howard is exaggerating, no cartilage concerns me, as it should everyone else. However, I do believe there are examples of people who have played through such issues.

Joakim had cartilage removed last May. I was hoping Google would return a plethora of examples...Brandon Roy was the top, haha....let's not use him as a best case scenario.

For anyone else interested in cartilage and knee injuries, check out this article.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sportsdoc/Preserving-and-protecting-knee-cartilage.html

1 person likes this.
  13. omgTHEpotential

Come on man, I expect this from Bucks commentators but not from a long time Rockets fan.

14. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

If Dmo wasn't holding it down, I truly feel Dwight would have been back by now. I feel the Rox are low key resting Dwight. Dwight needs to get back soon though. West so stacked and Rox not deep enough that they can pull a Spurs and rest key players and still stay on a 60+ win pace.

15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I like this idea.

16. NotChandlerParsons

Or maybe pick it up...dude needs to chill.

17. seeingred

seeingred Member

http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/injuries/nba/all/

this is what i use to check rockets injuries.

Dwight back Saturday
    Canaan, Kostas, and Garcia are day-to-day
    Jones out indefinitely

18. douglasreedy1

douglasreedy1 Member

This. Yao was harder for me given he was my second favorite rocket after Hakeem. But still I'm so tired of this team not being capable of contending for a ring due to star's injuries.

19. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Clutchfans is never teh disappoints. Great thread. Would panic again.

Lighten up, francises.