1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN Insider] Truth about James Harden's D

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JonRetro, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

If he had 4 screen prints, I'd be convinced.

Alas, he only had 3.

2. ggeorge115

ggeorge115 Member

this dude named Klay Thompson, Paul George, Jimmy Butler, and Kawhi Leonard as 2 way players in the wing. other than paul george, none of the others can lead a team. they might be all stars but i dont think they would ever be considered a superstar. Klay has curry. all klay have to do is get somewhere open outside the perimeter and curry would get him a spot up shot. most of his other points come off transition. jimmy has rose, gasol and noah. no one is gonna build a team around jimmy. and kawhi has duncan, ginobly, parker AND freaking pop! lol in the future i can see kawhi maybe be considered as a cornertone but he is no where near harden's level. the writer obviously has a stick up his ass when he talks about harden or the rockets

3. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

Yah. I'd have liked to argue with him, but just don't have time to prepare

So I guess now his "threat" probably makes him feel vindicated

4. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

But one of them was a COMPOSITE! Surely that is enough!

I repeat...a COMPOSITE!

5. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Everyone knows you need a minimum of 6 stills to scientifically prove a player is a bad defender.

Case in point:
    Klay Thompson, Bad Defender (Amin Elhassan #hatehard style of prestigious ESPN Insider sports journalism)
    [​IMG]

6. MC_hammer

MC_hammer Member

Most of the pictures he used end up being great plays made by Harden. Not only was it awkwardly written, but the content is all crap. No, Harden isn't a defensive stopper, but he definitely makes a lot of plays on the defensive end that help the team win games and get key stops. Two way player? I think a season of this definitely will make him a two way player.

7. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

quick.someone post these.on.amins twitter acct

8. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>If you've got problems with my Harden defense piece, come on THTV <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/AfterDark?src=hash">#AfterDark</a> tomorrow night and air your grievance

<a href="http://t.co/znGkhVJDpL">http://t.co/znGkhVJDpL</a></p>&mdash; Amin Elhassan (@AminESPN) <a href="https://twitter.com/AminESPN/status/542810344293298176">December 10, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

9. Mr. Clutch

Is this like first take or cold pizza?

Thanks but I'll be watching the game.

10. Mr. Clutch

Dang, you're right.

That's some first rate research right there.

11. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

LOL

"Hey guys, just ignore all the positive game footage, the defensive win shares, defensive RPM, BPG, SPG, and RPG. LOOK AT ME BREAKDOWN THESE THREE PLAYS WHERE HARDEN PLAYED QUESTIONABLE DEFENSE!!!"

12. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

Let's not look at how well he's playing passing lanes, how many balls he's knocking away or stealing, or how well he's improved staying in front of his man and playing some good on-ball defense. And for the love of God...let's certainly now look at how well he's playing help defense and blocking shots/swiping balls from the weak side.

Let's just look at how he once let his man slip a cut to the basket even though he didn't receive the pass, and let's not make it a gif where we can see him recover, either. Oh, and did I mention that it's a good thing I used pictures and not video...wouldn't want you to hear him talking and playing good team defense.

This Amin guy is a joke. Maybe he originated the "bad Harden defense" video last year.

13. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Paging Aelliot?

14. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Putting the D in Harden

16. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

So, what you are telling me is just because a couple of people say it, that means we ALL believe it?

Oh the HUMANITY, the HOMERS ABOUND ON CLUTCHFANS....OH NOOOOOESSS!!1111

:rolleyes:

As for the Amin challenge, he RTed that to Ben Dubose(The Cat on here) who is more than capable of taking him down because Ben writes articles based on facts and common sense. No others members need apply.

1 person likes this.
  17. New

I agree with the principle that one should not cherry-pick.

If you actually take a careful look at those clips, Klay Thompson were at the right position except the second one. Good effort to respond but embarrassing results.

18. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Last time I checked Harden was TOP FIVE in steals. Top in def win shares (not as strong argument). Scoring leader. All this while carrying the whole team on his shoulders. Klay thompson does not even hold a candle to the Beard. Stats-wise nor what ive seen on the floor... which i watch GSW often too.. usually rooting against them.

19. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Honestly, I think this guy is just trying to attract some people to his webcast or whatever... bait us into tuning in and stuff. Not even worth spit. I'm honestly done with these antagonistic a- holes at ESPN. I don't even read their pieces anymore they are dead to me.

20. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

That's exactly what he is doing. For what it's worth - posters do that here in this forum ALL THE TIME. They guy who makes the smart reasonable point is never the one people respond to (or rep for that matter). I guess it's human nature that we are more moved to action by what the dummy says than the wise man.