1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[MOVIES] TERMINATOR: Genisys

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SwoLy-D, Dec 4, 2014.

1. Entropy

Entropy Member

The only things redeeming this trailer is that they're using Laser weapons in the future, and the terminator designs aren't ****, unlike T4. But the future war scenes still look half-assed and lazy. James Cameron did more in the 80's with less. And christ, both Jai Courtney and Emilia Clarke look like they're thinking to themselves, "Holy ****, I'm in a Terminator movie!" in every scene...The bad dialogue isn't helping their bad acting either.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

I've liked all of the movies so far. I'm in. T-2 was the best tho because the special effects took it us to another level of sci fi.

3. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Looks awful. Will watch.

4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I think you people should stop b****ing and get together and make a better movie.

5. VanityHalfBlack

You're watching it on your monitor? Wait until you see this bad boy on a giant screen with state of the art surround sound then come back and tell me what you think.;)

6. VanityHalfBlack

Do you guys not like action movies?

7. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

I like good action movies.

8. VanityHalfBlack

Haha, point taken!

9. MIAGI99

MIAGI99 Member

I like that they bought back Arnold, but still looks like crap. I will wait to see it.

10. SK34

SK34 Member

Someone breakdown each terminator movie for me?
    Terminator 2 was good... terminator 3 sucked and the other one also so i didn't ppay attention to it.

11. PeppermintCandy

Disappointed that they chose to go the reboot/nostalgia route. The liquid Terminator was conceptually and technically awesome in the early '90s, but today, not so much.

I know it's unfair to judge a movie by its trailer, but this looks to be about as good as T3, which was mildly entertaining but overall pretty bland. No one seems to know how to move this story forward, it seems.

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If Skynet kills Kyle Reese and he never gets sent back in time, then skynet would never exist. Of course, if Skynet kills Connor, then Connor would never send Reese back in time either and the same problem - Skynet would not exist.

But this is where the whole plot to T whatever makes no sense.

If Skynet knows that Reese is the father of Connor, it must also know that the technology used to build it came from a terminator sent back and that was destroyed in the cyberdyne factory by sarah and reese. in other words, skynet has to be aware that in the future it will send back someone to kill sarah connor and fail but that in the end results in it's own existence.

So why would skynet kill either one of these dudes?

13. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Might have been cool if this new movie was about the human resistance realizing they have been doing what Skynet wants all along. Skynet never intended to kill Sarah or John Connor but knew they had to set those events in motion. So John sends back a terminator to actually kill Sarah before she even meets Reese. And the terminator that is protecting Sarah that you see in the trailer, is protecting her not from other terminators that Skynet sends back, but from the terminator that the resistance sends. The villains and heroes are actually the opposite. Now that's a mind job.

Anybody else wish they went with the ending that John dies at the end of Terminator Salvation and becomes a machine to continue being the face and leader of the resistance (from Sam Worthington sacrificing himself)? Would have been a nice twist.

14. PhiSlammaJamma

Think if you go back to the original Terminator the idea would be that Skynet had enough tech to exist before a Terminator was ever sent back. So if they kill Reese they can still exist, as they had, but without Connor to destroy their defense grid. So that plan conceivably works, it just means that Cyberdyne is slower to develop Skynet than maybe it had done before with the tech.

If they kill Connor, then one thing you know as a fact is that Connor was born, so it would mean that Reese was sent back by someone, just not by Connor. So in effect Cyberdyne still gets the tech, develops faster, and Connor is no longer a factor in the equation to stop them.

So I think the Terminators still have the right idea. Kill Reese. They would still exist and Connor is gone. And Sarah is eliminated. And only Connor's wife remains, but their is no reason for her to make it to the bomb shelter anymore to lead a resistance.

15. PhiSlammaJamma

I think that would be interesting plot, but the hole might be that if Skynet intended everything to happen to exactly as it has in T1,2, and 3, Connor still has them by the balls in the end. So they would have to be thinking already toward the human moves in T5 to kill Sarah as a move that ultimately ends in their success.

16. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

T1 & 2 had the feel of a true masterpiece story telling. T3 & 4 just felt like special effects to try to make money. Hopefully this one can regain the magic of the original 2.

17. supafrumpy

supafrumpy Contributing Member

Asian t-1000 is kinda novel, which actor plays it. Old ass arnold. r****ded lines. Looks awful, will see on second run.

18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/N4zhBQfqVCc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  19. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:eek: ^ WHOA. Gracias.

20. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5MtZC55n8-0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>