1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i seem to remember him deleting a bunch of the juicy info posts (out of respect for DM)

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I know it's not the right thread for this but anyone watching the game at a bar or watch party? I'm in town and need a beer like you wouldn't believe.

4. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

The fact this thread has never been locked is all I needed to know something was out there. Happening or not, who cares. Yes it makes me #Soon daily but who cares, it's fun.

5. basketballholic

Making a donation here does not grant a person the right or privilege to trash other posters, curse, hurl insults, get into text wars or any other churlish behavior here.

6. jrett121

jrett121 Member

7. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Thanks for the kind words, fellas. And I understand the frustration in response to my posts as well. I think I've said this before but being a lifelong Rockets fan and a lurker then member of this site in its various iterations since the beginning, when Daryl and I became friends I was eager to share that with you guys. Because we're friends I can't share inside info and anyway most of the time we don't talk about trade stuff or whatever -- we talk about basketball and theatre most of all, because I work in theatre and Daryl loves theatre and he works for the Rockets and I love the Rockets.

I totally get people being frustrated by me saying I know things I can't share and I won't say that again except one more time right here. I know things I can't share. I don't violate confidences with any of my friends.

I don't say any of this to defend myself or anything; I own the fact that I went about sharing the news of my relatively new friendship with Daryl the wrong way.

Here's something from the inside that a lot of you guys don't get and couldn't be expected to get since you haven't spent so much time talking to him and that's that Daryl cares very, very deeply about all of the team's players. They are not only "assets" to him. If anyone didn't get that before he stuck so hard by Jones, D-Mo, and Canaan when everyone else thought they were busts, that should be evidence enough. The typical response to the way Daryl does his job is understandable but it's dead wrong. He cares about the players as players and as people at least as much as any other NBA GM. Still, he has to do his job and I think we can all agree he's pretty freaking good at it. People say Morey doesn't stand by his players or whatever, that all he sees are numbers, but what happened Wednesday night? Harden, Ariza, and a bunch of guys that Daryl stuck with while everyone else wanted to ditch them creamed the consensus top 1 or 2 team in the league. That's good enough for me and I think it should be good enough for any fan.

There were so many confident and negative posts in the Morey thread it was very hard for me not to clear that stuff up. The Freak, whom I like a lot, was particularly off base. But to clear any of that up would have required breaking a confidence with one of the nicest guys I've ever had the honor to be friends with.

Here's something I can tell you that isn't inside info at all though; it's only bragging. ;)

I, Daryl, and my good buddy Jim Parsons are sharing a suite at the L.A. game on 1/25. Though I've watched so many games on TV with Jim, we've never caught one live together. And I've never watched one live with Daryl either. I'm really excited about it. Also, talk about exciting... Before the Asik stuff got so urgent around last year's approaching deadline, Daryl was acting in a play I was directing. It would have been his acting debut but with all that was going on with the team we decided we'd do it again when things weren't so hectic (offseason). This might surprise some of you but Daryl is a REALLY good actor. It was so much fun to rehearse with him.

Final thing: I'm still posting here. Not as an insider, as a fan. Because The Rockets are and always will be my favorite thing about sports and because cf.net remains the best fan site on the internet.

Sorry, one more final thing: Anyone that gives R2K any guff should just get off the site. He and the other mods are here because they love the team and they love the site and they give a lot of themselves to support it. It's impossibly uncool to treat them like anything but very generous friends that do us all a huge favor by making this site possible.

Peace out, y'all.

9 people like this.
  8. steddinotayto

Can you ask Jim if he'll ever come back to Klein Oak to speak to the students there? I know my niece would love it.

And thanks for posting Batman

9. PigMiller

PigMiller Member

The irony and hypocrisy of his posts never ceases to amaze me.

1 person likes this.
  10. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

11. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I wonder when you'll heed your own advice.

1 person likes this.
  12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I don't think I've ever laughed as hard reading a post on CF. Thank you BHollic for being you. Stay golden pony boy.

1 person likes this.
  13. bratna8

bratna8 Member

14. Batman Jones

I'm sure Jim would like to do that because he had a great experience there but his schedule is insane and when he gets to Houston it's typically only for a day or two to see family over the holidays. If I were to ask him I know what his answer would be: "I'd love to. I just don't know when/if I can." It's the same answer I get when I ask him when he's coming back to do another play with us. ;)

Also, thanks for thanking me for posting but it's a privilege for me to post here. I behaved very badly on the site, various times, and I was rightly banned for losing my temper. I feel lucky I'm able to post and grateful to Clutch for his forgiveness. I'm lucky to be here and I know that.

15. steddinotayto

Thomas came to Phoenix thinking that he was going to be a key player but was misinformed.

16. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Good Post.

I remember you posting about some troubles you've had before.

Hope all is well.

1 person likes this.
  17. steddinotayto

Might sound like a fanboy but let Jim know that I think he makes Houston proud! Even when he donned that armor in Garden State. hahah

I actually caught your post in the summer that was deleted before most could read. It was a great post.

1 person likes this.
  18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

So you're saying he's too busy trying to prepare for a play so we wound up losing to the Blazers, ey?

19. Batman Jones

Thanks, man. Great user name by the way.

I've had some troubles, yeah. (Who hasn't?) It turns out though that they were pretty much all from undiagnosed Lyme disease which I'd had for nearly 40 years without treatment. I'm two weeks away from completing a brutal 9 month regimen and I've never felt better. I have energy I've never had before and I'm completely at peace. So things are very well with me and I hope they are for you too.

Thanks for the kind words.

1 person likes this.
  20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Even when Daryl Morey hangs out with a Hollywood star, the star is mostly known for playing a geek. Daryl needs to spend time with some Kardashians (like Jim's cousin Chandler Parsons did) in order to improve his appeal to free agents like Melo the Taste-maker.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.