1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Clint Capela Highlights? vs Grizzlies 12/3/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by batkins, Dec 4, 2014.

1. rocketsmetalspd

Glad to see Capela go some PT. He will adjust with team to the speed and quickness of the league. He will improve over time. Hope he can continue to get some PT in the next two games.

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Lol at people's eye tests.

Y'all wouldn't have even drafted this promising kid

3. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I actually loved what I saw from Capela last night. The guy has stainless steel springs for legs. I do not recall anyone that could do repetitive rim high leaps as quickly as Capela showed last night. And he gets up a long way. IMHO Morey made an excellent first round pick this summer. And before the draft he was advertised as a two year developmental project.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I am Ron Burgandy?

5. PeppermintCandy

I wasn't comparing their games, though I couldn't even describe what Thabeet's specialty is, besides the ability to be really tall. I was talking about how raw Capela is, much like Thabeet in his first season.

6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Clown show

7. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

he looked very fluid and athletic in his movements, nothing like Thabeet

just made poor decisions and couldn't finish because he is young and nervous

but you can see he plays very long and tall

8. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

same here, got a bit careless and had no luck, this could have looked totally different

9. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I don't think people appreciate how good Capela's physical attributes are. A 9'3 standing reach, and a 28 inch no step vert, which are both huge numbers.

Not only that he is a very quick jumper, and also a great mover for somebody that long. Now turning physical attributes into NBA production is never a guarantee, but he clearly has the potential to be an elite rebounder and shot blocker.

10. jonkey86

jonkey86 Member

highlights? more like bloopers

11. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

[​IMG]

12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

2 years of hard work and he could be a good 3rd string center. 2-3 more years hard work and he could be a good backup center. That's not too shabby.

13. CertifiedTroll

This comment came out of a place of ignorance. I have seen Capela be a force in the DLeague, that much could never be said about Thabeet. I think Capela cares a lot and wants to be a good NBA player. He was clearly nervous as hell out there. Thabeet may not have looked that bad in his first game.. But don't confuse Thabeet not giving a f*** about basketball, with confidence.

14. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Unless Morey was trying to showcase him, Capela had no business being out there last night! YES he has potential, and given enough time to develop he might be a solid NBA player, BUT he needs to develop in the DLeague/Overseas, NOT on a team that has a legitimate chance for a title! Between no D Daniels and Capela, last nights game was almost given away!

GO ROCKETS!!!

1 person likes this.
  15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

He was brought up here as an extra body in case of a blow out, and that's how he was used. It's not like we were featuring him in the offense. Plus, even if Morey did want to showcase him, bringing him up to the NBA and have him play like this is definitely not the way to do it.

16. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

"Highlights..."

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

Seriously though, this compilation of lowlights make it look like the guy almost single-handedly lost us a game where we had a twenty point lead with four minutes to play. Ouch.

17. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I understand the importance of having an extra big, especially now with all the injuries, but the kid is super raw, and unless he's a natural freak he is going to be exposed, even by bench players. I really don't agree with the rush to bring him up, regardless of the need at the moment. I hope he develops, he has super-mad hops!

18. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Put down the pipe.

19. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Did you watch the same clip I just did? I wouldn't say the future "arrived" last night. I mean, when your highlight clip is mostly embarrassing turnovers and fouls(against other "last guys on the bench" no less) that's not necessarily something to get excited about.

He's 3 years away from contributing at best and I think the odds are even higher that he ends up overseas before spending any significant time in an NBA rotation. I like the gamble because he has nba level athleticism and at his age, he certainly can turn it around. The mistakes you see in this clip are more a commentary on his basketball immaturity mentally. Whether he learns how to play the game is going to depend on his work ethic and pushing himself to get better every day without a coach telling you what to do.

Anyone know anything about his work ethic? Google searches for his draft profile seem split on whether he has one.

20. vator

vator Contributing Member

Writing this guy often after a few garbage time minutes is foolish. Look how long it has taken D. Mo to look like a real NBA player. Heck, even Yao looked like a total scrub at first. Falling down, getting pushed around, getting winded so quickly, etc. That is why Charles Barkley called him out as a complete scrub. How did that turn out? Black and Dorsey looked terrible early this season too and are just now starting to look merely competent. He hasn't really even practiced with the team much. He was clearly nervous and rushing everything he was doing because he was trying so hard. See last year's version of D. Mo as an example of how one can look in limited minutes and running around like a chicken with your head cut off. This young fella is going to be a stud shot blocker and rebounder and much sooner than many of you seem to think. He needs some practice time and then some game time to adjust to NBA speed and the level of competition. There aren't many guys his size that are going to be more athletic than he is. Rebound, block shots, and finish...those are all he will be relied upon to do and I believe he can do all three of those things well enough after he is able to adjust. Just looking at the way he moves up and down the court and attacks the rim gets me excited. The potential is there.

#60 vator, Dec 4, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2014