1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Grizzlies @ Rockets 12/3/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 1, 2014.

1. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

Lol. I'm going now. Dwight or no Dwight I'll be there.

2. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

All you pessimists suck. I'm going to the game today to root for my team. I just got the tickets today because anytime I can afford to and if I have time, I want to cheer on the Rockets (no matter the situation). That's all there is to it. #simpleasthatforyoursimpleass

:cool:

2 people like this.
  3. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Ha - just giving you a hard time. I live in Austin and wish there was an NBA team here to go watch games on a regular basis. I'm jealous of those of you who have the opportunity to see Houston games every few nights.

4. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

They actually talked about Houston recently on the Zach Lowe's Lowe Post Podcast. The whole podcast was about Memphis and Golden State but at the end(around 1:05 mark), they start talking about teams that would scare GS in the playoffs and they bring up Houston and then have a side convo of why no one wants to talk about Houston despite the fact they are winning with a stripped down roster. Lowe says he basically doesn't know what to make of them since they looked good early, but then with injuries the roster has been in flux and they are grinding out these ugly wins but then Ethan Strauss said people don't want to talk about Houston because people don't want them to make the playoffs because they don't like them due to A.)Morey hate, and B.)Dwight alienating himself from everyone. Lowe also throws in a jab that he hates watching free throws and that's obviously a big part of Harden's game.

I guess it's progress to have guys talking about why they hate Houston so much.

5. zaam

zaam Contributing Member

You mind sharing your source on that?

6. dreamshake97

dreamshake97 Member

Memphis seems to really take Harden out of his game when we play them.. With terry running point and the way Memphis defends I feel another 20 point ass kicking coming on..

7. CrashTheBoards

I got good tickets too, but I dont think we will win either. The grizz blew us out the last two times we played them and beat us the time before that. It seems they have our number.

Gonna try some of those chicken tenders today.

8. Louka

you shut your w**** mouth! :mad::p:mad:

9. Louka

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=260283 ;)

10. CrashTheBoards

Tony allen is elite. There are not many teams with elite two guard defenders, but the grizz have one. They get back on D and contest shots. The rockets nees to continue what they started last game and hit the offensive glass to get second and third chance opportunities near the rim and kick out for open threes. Will be tough with z bo and gasol.

Conley will be pressuring the ball because he knows we dont have a legit pg. This will hurt us when our pg brings the ball up. He is elite.

11. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

The Stars

12. eslate22

eslate22 Member

ill be there in my clutch city shirt... sec 419!!!

13. Harden2Dwight

Harden2Dwight Member

right next to u in 418!

14. Dragon Blood

Dragon Blood Member

I know....I know... Memphis is good on paper and playing damn well this season. But..the ball is round. Anything can happen. Hoping all those 3s fall this time. Harden, Garcia, Daniels, and Ariza getting back their groove from the rainbow land. If the rockets can keep this game competitive til the 4th quarter then we have a chance with our 3s hitting them late in the game. Go go Rockets!!

15. ksny15

ksny15 Member

It has nothing to do with our fans though. They suck:(

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Even though I LOVE Dwight I think he was the main reason Rockets lost the game the first time and by so much. Dwight's need to get the ball in the post doomed the Rockets. He didn't even try to do some PnR.

I think the Rockets do well. For some reason the Rockets play their best when there is no hope. Since DMO is a better post player and more prone to go out and set a pick I think there will be a better flow to this game. I also think the Rockets will shoot more free throws this game. Our defense has gotten better since the first game and Black and Dorsey have also become better players. I expect good defense on ZBO tonight, no hope against Gasol though. I predict surprising rebounding numbers from the Rockets. This will be a close game, but Harden will have to takeover late to win.

17. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Is it true and has it been confirmed that Dwight is playing tonight? Based on interviews, it sounded like he was still going to be out for a little bit.

18. eslate22

eslate22 Member

that's whatsup.... ill probably be spending some time at the jack daniels bar

19. CrashTheBoards

The grizz play like every coaches dream. They use defense to create layups, get second chance points, play consistent defense, always get back in transition, get to the basket, feed their big men, and only take open threes.

Last game we had dwight, but he is still out so i expect gasol to put up a monster stat line. As if covering randolph wasnt bad enough without jones. Now we have to worry about that and conley without a freaking pg.

I still believe we can win. The rockets have been in a shooting funk, so crashing the boards and limiting transition are key (I know that sounds difficult, but we will end up playing their style without a pg to counter and control the tempo). The last game was a layup drill with dwight, and if that happens then it's over.

20. Roxoff

Roxoff Member

We had Howard last time, and lost that game in the first quarter. I was blessed enough to be at that game, but damn it's terrible wearing a Rockets jersey in Memphis while getting spanked. Terrible fans, IMO.

That being said, I think Memphis falls in a close game by the hands of the one and only BEARD.