1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Chandler Parsons as a Dallas Maverick

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TheRealist137, Jul 13, 2014.

1. T-macsterful1

T-macsterful1 Member

I feel like Damian Lillard is saying 'hi' right now. He"s been outrageously hot from three so far this year. 48% from the field and three. 95% from the line, the guys a born shooter.

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://widgets.sports-reference.com/wg.fcgi?css=1&site=bbr&url=%2Fplayers%2Fl%2Flillada01.html&div=div_per_game"></script>

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Stupid Sexy parsons

3. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Mavs absolutely botched this one.

Marion and Carter offer so much more than Portions at a fraction of the cost.

4. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I don't blame him for signing the contract but him talking trash about Houston really did him in. The nightclub pictures and trash talking about Harden/Dwight were iffy but acceptable but ****ting on the city like that was unnecessary.

5. Entropy

Entropy Member

Trevor Ariza too.

6. cjstukenholtz

cjstukenholtz Member

Let's just say that he is the whipping boy on the Mavs' forums. As I said earlier in this thread, I pretty much saw that coming after he had signed that max deal with the Mavs.

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

When you give a max contract to a player who doesn't have the potential to be a max player, you will undoubtably be disappointed.

I am so glad it's happening to Mavs fans.

8. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Do you really think he isn't a max player :eek:

14.1ppg on 41% shooting screams MAX to me. In fact, I would be making sure I put a massive trade kicker on the contract so I couldn't lose such a superstar.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>&quot;He’s in a good spot. But Chandler is a good young player, so he’ll do well.'' -- ex 10-time All-Star Clyde Drexler on Chandler Parsons</p>&mdash; Dwain Price (@DwainPrice) <a href="https://twitter.com/DwainPrice/status/536632843209035777">November 23, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>In 3 of the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Mavs?src=hash">#Mavs</a>' 4 losses, CParsons had 5 pts vs. the SAS, 4 vs. the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Heat?src=hash">#Heat</a> and 8 vs. the Rockets. He also had 11 in a loss to Portland.</p>&mdash; Dwain Price (@DwainPrice) <a href="https://twitter.com/DwainPrice/status/536634593450164225">November 23, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Does Clyde know where Parsons is?

11. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Who does Blair play for?..I've always wanted him on the rockets

12. FeaR

FeaR Member

Wizards

13. scottie brooks

It's ok because Dirk is getting paid like a role player. Makes so much sense.

14. Entropy

Entropy Member

At least he gets free dinner and starbucks.

15. scottie brooks

Mavs fans should be mad at Cuban for giving parson that contract. Most would sign a max deal if put in front of them.

16. ribbit

ribbit Member

Mavs fans are still in denial. When someone opens up (in forums) that they overpaid for Parsons, someone would always refute that they are 10-4, or that 30 mil for Dirk, Monta, and Chandler is still a bargain, or wait until mid-season to judge him, etc. LOL! Mavs, you could still be 10-4 even without Parsons since he's not doing anything much anyway. You could be paying a lot less than 30 mil if you got Deng (or kept Carter) instead of Parsons and probably still 10-4 or better. Wait till mid-season to wait for that contract to catch up with Parsons' skills? When Harden was given the max, he scored 40+ points in his first two games. LOL!

Someone also said that he was very impressed with Parsons defense against Kobe. Parsons was irritating Kobe that Kobe even gave him a shove. Let's wait until someone does a Lillard on them. Oh, wait! Harden just did that. :D

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

In the old days he would be a 9-12 million player in his prime at best.

In these days players like Bledsoe, McGee, white Kobe Hayward (good players but not great ones yet) ask for MAX money.

You only give max money to Superstars or Stars (Number 1 cornerstones or
    sidekicks that can carry teams)

Parsons cannot carry a team, not on Offense and especially not on Defense.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

that is called a large hometown discount.

Parsons can only give this to a team from Florida.

19. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

One thing Parsons has done (unknowingly) is unite and galvanize the Rockets fan base.

That was a playoff atmosphere out there. Even those pretty ladies who loved Parsons before were now cheering against him. And the team vindicated their fans by carving out a win. HOU pride won out. DAL shown to be pretenders.

20. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

What does Dallas think of Chandler Parsons on 2K?

[​IMG]

Lol!!!