1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Terrence Jones appears unlikely to be ready anytime soon

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The Cat, Nov 20, 2014.

1. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

Bring back Clint Capela and get him on the fast track development plan against NBA big men!

Hope it works in our favor and buys us time for Terrence and Dwight to get to 100%.

Morey, please magic us some depth and help us get to the playoffs with our top 8 players all at 100% health

2. treeman

treeman Member

Wouldn't be the Rockets if there weren't serious, season-affecting injuries to our starters. *sigh*...

Every freaking season. :(

3. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

We really need to pick up another big!

4. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

dorsey, black and dmo can hold the 4 spot down in jones absence...said no rocket fan ever

if jones misses another month rockets are screwed. we gott away with dmo and black for alittle over a week but that streak is over.

maybe we get kostas on heavy roids to add 20lbs, move him to 4. he'll be stronger and angry as hell, so no one would wanna mess with him or dwight.

5. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Guys id go after...

Bass
    Sullinger
    Ilyasova
    Jason Thomason
    Landry

Not sure how availible sully or Landry are... I could see Boston dumping either sully or bass though.

6. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Add Kelly Olynik and maybe Derrick Williams.

Boston and Sac both have a handful of 4s. They could benefit from swapping one of them for More depth a another position.

7. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I really like Olynyk .... BUT I cant see Boston moving him. Not with three years remaining on his rookie deal paying him just over $2m per. Quality bigs are just too hard to find & Olynyk has a lot of tools ..... Lots of value there for Boston.

8. cyberx

cyberx Member

Sounds like something close to what Steve Nash went through when he broke he messed up his leg and then had nerve issues

9. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

Something you heard?

Or just your opinion?

10. Asian Sensation

Pig Miller? Kenny Thomas? Flyin Ryan? Where you guys at?!

11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

The pf position is up for grabs.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

maybe trade fodder?

13. Ghost_of_Akeem

I think I have finally cracked the code of Rockets press lingo and the secret to the way this organization always tries to downplay injuries to its players. The recent Howard injury is just another example of these "phantom" injuries where the front office doesn't want our fans to forget about coming out to games and buying tickets. Instead of saying "It's bad and Howard will be out 1-2 months, and we will probably drop to the bottom of the division within the next three or four weeks because we have Tarik Black as a replacement." they say "Well, its just a sprained knee nothing serious he is day to day."

In reality, what they are really saying is that Howard will most likely miss 1-2 months of action and our team is going to plummet in the division.

T-Jones is probably done for the year, Howard will be hobbled going into the All-Star break but hey folks....come out and watch us get railed by 30 points to the Mavs!

14. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

theyre sitting tjones out so they can focus on getting a PF via trade. tjones will magically appear once our team has another capable big man - and houston will blast off.

15. Lunik II

Lunik II Member

Its funny how how we loose 2 games and we're like, WHERE'S JONES!!! lol. But I think

he's established himself as the starting PF. We need to give the bench time to develop

because unfortunately, D-mo is still inconsistent, Tarik Black can't make a layup, I really

don't know what Joey Dorsey brings other than strength, and where's Clint?

16. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Why is Clint Capela only getting 10 minutes a game on the Vipers?! Last game he got 7 minutes.

Did I misunderstand what DE-VEL-OP-MENT League meant? I don't care if he sucks in the present. Are we trying to be D-League Champs or speed up development of our rookies?

Is he injured? Is he on the trade block? Confused and frustrated about that.

17. eman

eman Contributing Member

Where in the world is Emeka Okafor?

18. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Stay Positive my friend ! Thanks for cheering me up.

19. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

One Brandon Bass please.

20. Milk Haiir

Milk Haiir Member

He is on a minutes restriction due to his injury.