1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Dwight was working out on the bike during practice

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Nov 20, 2014.

Tags:
  1. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Whenever a team is in the process of making a trade for a player they want, the team trading the player wants to ensure that a freak injury doesnt nullify the trade. Besides, was really irritated with the explanation that we got from him today about why Canaan didnt get burn. Mchale claims: that the Lakers were playing big, so we had to adjust with Terry and Papa running the show as opposed to Canaan. No doubt I agree on Mchale's idiocy, but he may have been told to only use Canaan if absolutely necessary. This is why we saw him so late vs Memphis who had beno udrich off the bench playing back up PG. Mchales 790 comments were just a smoke screen.

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Now, don't some of you feel stupid? The moment times got hard you jumped all over Dwight and parroted the national narrative that he was soft... Some of you should be ashamed of yourselves..

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

So now (Thanks Clutch) we know it's legit, we can stop with all the random speculation about it.

Is it though, the same knee he injured this year that prompted him to wear the knee pads? If so, I'm getting worried about it, wish we knew more. Like if he was dealing with swelling in the knee or if it just sore or something.

4. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Oh well...If it improves the team, hello whoever it is.

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

No, that was just my mistake :eek:

But, then where the heck was he? :confused:

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Definitely more likely he's just tweeting about not playing anymore rather than worrying about a trade.

7. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

we've already won more games than the sixers will end up having :p

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Thanks for the clarification Clutch. Cyberx wasn't really helping much with the rumors TBH. With the whole Adrien Peterson thing, and every other sports scandal out there, its hard not to think "here we go again". At the end of the day, its one loss, and a week of bad basketball from the Rockets. They are professional basketball players, and I promise you one thing... They aren't going to lose 70 more games in a row.

9. gigantism

gigantism Member

Jesus, runaway speculation and conspiracy theories around here are ridiculous. Obviously the locker room would be tense after a loss. You'd find that on every team. And sometimes injuries flare up without a warning. You've got to protect your assets (Dwight), especially at the beginning of the season.

10. waisoserious

waisoserious Member

very good...but bike...no hit back!

*walks away

11. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I was talking to Jonathan Feigen after the game in the locker room last night about this because I was wondering the same thing... thinking he should have been there. Jonathan mentioned that if Dwight was expecting to play, he may not have brought a coat jacket and he needs one to sit on the bench. I didn't find out if that was the case or not though.

12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Dwight is a good guy, I really love him on our team and completely disagree with the lack of effort bs. Dude gives it his all. It may look like he's taking it easy sometimes but he's probably saving himself from injury. We saw how much he hustled during the post season when everything was on the table.

13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

thanks again

my gut feeling is that dwight's just as enthusiastic about winning with this team as we are, and it's probably killing him not to be on the floor. anyways, let's just hope for the best and he comes back next week.

14. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I don't think that was it --

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Dwight Howard is in shades of purple <a href="http://t.co/Y4ekSNMGzo">pic.twitter.com/Y4ekSNMGzo</a></p>&mdash; CJ Fogler (@cjzero) <a href="https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/535245136478097408">November 20, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. Nook

Nook Member

I appreciate you saying something. Not that you need my advice but you may want to make this it's own thread so it is clear to everyone. I understand the speculation based on the close proximity of the child abuse allegations and Jeff Taylor punishment, coupled with Dwight's last year in Orlando.

16. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Clutchfans after a loss, injury or hearing gossip...

[​IMG]

Thanks for clearing things up Clutch, Dwight is also about to go through a messy custody battle, that the media (thanks in no part to the Lakers Lovefest) is going to heavily publicise & scrutinise...I assume not in Dwight's favour.

It would be good to nip rumours in the bud, especially on this issue.

17. Nook

Nook Member

This is a good point and one that is forgotten... Harden, Lin, Parsons, Jones and the coaching staff all were poor in the playoffs... The one guy that brought it at an MVP/Championship level against Portland was Dwight Howard.

18. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I really need to stay away from the Garm. Even after wins.

You fickle *****. So many garbage posts. Tmz sports is that way.

1 person likes this.
  19. Solaris

Solaris Member

Jez, Les is cheap. Don't even have spare jackets for the players in the home court?

20. hooroo

hooroo Member

No, Les and the NBA do not pay to put players' health and future quality of life at risk.