1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Lakers @ Rockets 11/19/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 18, 2014.

1. IronTexan93

IronTexan93 Member

I can't wait to see the non-stop rockets hate that will only quadruple after this loss.

2. youngshev03

youngshev03 Member

Yay! Who cares. If you're not a contender, making the playoffs is pointless unless you're the owner and get playoff revenue.

3. dianelo

dianelo Member

As long as McHale is here, the Rockets are just pretender.

4. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Same old Rockets under McHale. You watch teams like the Spurs, Mavs, and even Blazers, they get good looks out of their offense. The offensive scheme gets the ball to the right players in good spots. They're not going 1-on-1 at the end of games/shot clock to get looks. It is so frustrating; I wish we had a better X's and O's coach :mad:

At the end of the game, when it was close, you just had a feeling watching it that they were in trouble as the game was in the "Kobe zone." This Rox-Lakers game seemed like so many previous games against them in the Kobe era. The guys on the Rockets may change: Dream, Francis/Mobley, Yao, T-Mac, 9th seeders, Harden, Howard, etc., but the constant is Kobe will usually make the plays late to seal the game for the Lakers. Sickening to see the Faker fans in the arena, sickening to have "Mama, there goes that man" in my head when Kobe does his work.

5. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

I fell asleep and missed the end of the game. This was an ugly, boring game and I couldn't figure out WHAT offense the Rox were running to save my life. They simply did not look well coached or even ready to play and their "bench" is really bad. As I see it, this is loss #3 in an 82 game season so it's time to put all those Rockets' victory parade plans on hold.

6. rocket43

rocket43 Member

my thoughts of the game:

- garcia needs to go asap! im so sick of him clankin shots and mean muggin.

- WHY THE HELL IS TROY DANIELS NOT PLAYING?!!

- Dwight is def not hurt, he's being a puss.

- joey dorsey is absolute garbage

- bev and big poppa played good. harden played decent except for choking at the end.

7. dreamshake97

dreamshake97 Member

We have the worse bench in the NBA west of the contenders.. Our system is chuck three's and run a fast break for a layup yet our BEST three point shooter rots on the bench.. makes sense..

Even if Morey makes a trade for a guy like Millsap we still have a terrible bench and no depth so come playoff time our starting 5 is dead because they play 35+ minutes every night.. rinse, repeat for next season.. you can't win in this league with d-league scrubs and bargain deals.. we need NBA vets

8. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Wow, this lose is very, very embarrassing, the playoff time is not even near, the team already starts to suck. If we could have Bosh, but why did Bosh want to be here?

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I could only follow the game to the 3rd quarter and had a flight.

They were leading and I thought it was a done game

10. Danang78

Danang78 Member

Tough loss

Rockets should have won. The Lakers can't defend the tre well, as we saw last night. The Rockets strategy was to shoot lights out from downtown. Those extra passes led to many instances of wide open looks. Unfortunately it shots didn't fall as often. It was a good strategy. Rockets did their homework, but it just didn't pan out. Its a marathon, y'all, enjoy the process!

11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

ya, end of the 3rd beginning of the 4th is when dorsey happened..

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

According to +- Dorsey only had a -2 while Beverley had a -15

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

14. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Troy Daniels and Isiah Canaan might be on the trading block

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The definition of &quot;swag,&quot; according to <a href="https://twitter.com/NickSwagyPYoung">@NickSwagyPYoung</a>: &quot;I leave a presence. I'm like Michael Jackson, Prince, all those other guys.&quot;</p>&mdash; Baxter Holmes (@BaxterHolmes) <a href="https://twitter.com/BaxterHolmes/status/535467769907531777">November 20, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I think we could have used Parsons in this game. lol

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Breaking It Down: What Happened To The Rockets Offense?

18. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

For a 9-3 team, you guys sure are overreacting. But I'm not surprised

19. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Struggled against Philly and OKC, getting destroyed by Memphis and losing to the Lakers at home. Just everyone just overreacting.:rolleyes:

20. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

There is something called strength of schedule.

This team has been off last 4-5 games. There are valid reasons to be concerned.