1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Grizzlies 11/17/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Everyone and their brother are playing the Grizz.......Think about it...and the line started at only Memphis -2 (now -4)...with us on a B2B, the cupcake schedule, not a finished product, etc....

2. bmd

bmd Member

The problem with the Rockets' offense is that it can look pretty good against lesser defensive teams because those teams make a ton of mistakes and the Rockets have the shooters to make those teams pay.

But against good defensive teams, they make less mistakes, and when they do make mistakes they are quick to correct them without the entire defense breaking down. That means the Rockets have a much smaller window to take advantage of an opportunity.

The problem lately is that the Rockets are not hitting their shots, and they are not capitalizing on opportunities and making the smart play.

I think they'll have a tough time against Memphis.

3. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Easy ass win... Memphis ain't Ready

4. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Anyone mind posting the ESPN article about whether the Rockets & Griz can stay on top of the West? I'm currently in dispute with ESPN who want to charge me more for my same membership after they attempted to charge a credit card that I had to cancel because of that Home Depot security leak. Apparently being a paying member for 10 years means nothing to them when it comes to them making an extra $5 a year on me.

5. eslate22

eslate22 Member

us on a B2B.... bet your life savings on the Rockets ML!!

6. Harden2Dwight

Harden2Dwight Member

Memphis is going to bodybag us

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

almost took an L again philly friday, tough game against okc last night. I think rockets will lose a close one tonight

8. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Houston's offense is predicated on the three, the rim and foul shots. If one of those pieces is misfiring on a certain night (or all of them misfiring like last night) Houston is going to have trouble regardless of the quality of the team. For instance if the Rockets are hitting 20% of their treys a team will just go with a collapsing zone defense like last night. However if all parts of their offense are functioning reasonably well, even the toughest teams are going to have their hands full with the Rockets offense.

9. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

You ain't a real Rockets fan. Gotta have faith in your Rockets. Trust me Rockets will blow their asses out tonight and they don't know what hit them. Rockets keep rolling. 10-1.

10. Salvy

Salvy Member

Easy Win.......

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

not about being a rockets fan. its just being realistic and understanding schedule situations.

12. Zbed

Zbed Member

I hope I'm wrong but it's hard to see us winning this one after our last two performances. I think we fall to 8-2.

13. Harden2Dwight

Harden2Dwight Member

LOL at people calling some one a fake fan because they isnt a homer. Cute. :rolleyes:

I can tell none of you guys would ever make it into the journalism world.

14. HTM

HTM Member

I'm afraid their bigs are gonna dominate our bigs.. I mean it felt like OKC's bigs... perkins,Ibaka and Adams were dominating our bigs last night.... imagine how it will be against Memphis..

15. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

This could be a trap game.....for Memphis.

Rockets might steal one there. This is a different team than last year's talented but softie as a pillow.

16. bongman

bongman Member

They don't guard the 3 pt line as well as other teams so if we shoot a decent clip from there, we have a good chance.

17. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

No one gives a damn but journalism, it sounds like you will never make it in Engineering world. Smdh

18. Roxoff

Roxoff Member

I'll be there in Memphis to witness this win!

19. BoomTown

BoomTown Member

grizz have won last 19 at home

20. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

So long as Brewer doesn't go off for 40 again...