1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Sixers @ Rockets 11/14/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 13, 2014.

1. desertfire

desertfire Member

This is not just a bad team. It is a historically bad team. The Rocket's are 7-1 and playing well. You will see by the end of the night how unnecessary your worry is. If Philly was playing in LA (Clippers) tonight or G.S, you wouldn't even give this game a 2nd thought, other than wondering how bad the carnage will be. It is the same for other fans of our rivals. They checked the schedule and conceded another win for the Rockets.

2. HTM

HTM Member

I lived in Philly a couple years and for as fashionable it is to know Geno's and eat there I still maintain its my favorite steak place in town..

I've been to Jim's (got the tshirt too)Larry's, Pat's and Geno's and I always liked Geno's sliced meat over the chopped stuff other places... the cheese fries at Geno's are dope too....

Just HTM's opinion

3. solid

solid Contributing Member

Duplicate post

4. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

The path to 60+ wins is beating the crap out of lottery teams and playing above 500 against playoff competitors. The Rockets are doing a great job beating the crap out of lottery teams this season. The sixers game should be a joke.

5. solid

solid Contributing Member

I am 6'4" and weigh 230, but get out of chair rather slowly and I can't jump over an inch. Am I couch gating? Could we play together and beat them?

1 person likes this.
  6. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Don't underestimate any team. That's how you get your butt kicked in and continue on a losing streak path. Play them tough and keep the foot the gas pedal.

7. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

who's going to this game?

8. desertfire

desertfire Member

I know what you're saying, but I'm not playing in the game. I can underestimate them all I want. Actually, I don't think they are any worse than they are. So, I guess I'm not underestimating them.

9. OremLK

OremLK Member

What's the best local joint for cheesesteaks in Houston? Preferably in the loop

10. kemah

kemah Member

Another team another beat down.

11. Normalus

Normalus Member

Trap game, I had a dream last night that we lose to 76ers and whole league make fun of us, especially Cuban. Hope it was just a bad dream. Go Rockets!!!

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Hey, I've been to Philly several times (my significant other's late uncle was a retired priest who lived there for several years, so we'd visit whenever we came up to New York for the theatre) and simply posted the image of a place I'd been to before that was good. Geno's is terrific as well. I bow to your knowledge, sir! For those who haven't spent time in Philadelphia, it's to cheesesteaks what Central Texas is to BBQ. Anyway, wanted to put myself on the line for the Rocks. If we lose, I'm gonna suffer. Solid is right. We could be in danger of sleepwalking through this one, and on any given night (or Sunday, take your pick) a team can beat you, no matter how much they suck, in my humble opinion.

Keep it going, Rockets!
    Open a can of WhoopAss on them, KP!

1 person likes this.
  13. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

As good as the Philly Steak & Cheese is there's other sandwiches in that city that could knock it off its seat. There's multi cuts of meats dip in their own juices stuff with jalapeno poppers that is quite a tad better than a steak & cheese dipped in grease and juices..

14. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I want an angry win.

15. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I hate going playing a game against a team that just had an embarrassing loss. Overconfidence is the devil.

16. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I want Harden to bring his averages up

30 points on 9/11 shooting, 4/5 from 3 point land ;)

17. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

I'm a little concerned that the Sixers may be super-motivated and energetic to make up for that beat down against the Mavs. I hope they don't catch the Rockets off guard.

18. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

I'm really nervous about this game..

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Trap game. I'm scared.

20. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

LOL TC is like 3/4 empty