1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tmo gone?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tmo, Jun 25, 2003.

1. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

It's the pick we got from Detroit for Mirsad Turckson.

Big deal. That would've been a low first rounder anyways.

There are very few Tony Parkers. Nowadays it's harder and harder to find steals, especially in Europe.

Actually it works out better for us. A low first round draft choice has a guaranteed contract, a second round pick does not.

2. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Parker has no problem finding steals, tho ;)

3. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

make him the qualifying offer (and retain him). He'll be cheap, he should do well in a JVG coached environment.

BTW - Rox hold no option on either Collins or Hawk, right?

4. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

GIVEN. T-Mo blows...... as do all abbreviated names like A-Rod J-Will and J-Lo.

Man those 4 pts and 3 rebounds are really going to be missed...

#24 Drewdog, Jun 25, 2003
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2003
  5. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hmmm. I'd of thought they'd keep him. I don't know who else they got to bring in. Some euro? This year's second rounder? This prolly assumes we got

Yao/Cato
    EG/Taylor
    Posey/Rice/Boki
    Cuttino
    Francis/Mooch

that's ten spots, with 5 available.

I'd keep Tmo. I'd try and get that helper at the 2 spot and another 1. That still leaves 2 spots for cap fodder coming back in the midseason trade.

6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

T-Mac...K-Mart??

7. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

any delay in his signing would surely just be a chance for the NEW coach to assess his troops.

8. Rockets-R-Us

Rockets-R-Us Contributing Member

DrewDog - I seriously doubt that J-Lo blows, and therefore, Ben Afleck will split with her before (if not shortly after) their already overhyped marriage.

Having said that...

I seriously think that T-Mo could start for many NBA teams that have All Stars at two of the other positions on the court. He IS A TEAM PLAYER... and thus a rare commodity on the Rox. I suspect that JVG will find this out when watching tape, and/or just talking to the guys. T-Mo stays and Tito goes. (THANK GOD!!)

9. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

We have 5 forwards ahead of T-Brick in the depth chart. If he is retained, he is destined for back spasms.

10. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Morris actually played well and when Rice got hurt , he played very,very well. When Rice came back, Rudt turned into Rudy and put him back on the bench. If we lose Posey, I think Morris could replace him easily. I actually think from a talent standpoint, Morris is very talented. The problem with him is no one knows if he really wants to be a elite player. He has the talent to be a very good player on a very good team. He handles the ball, now he can shoot a little, rebound , defend and pass. Very fluid athelete, but he seems to be stuck like Derrick McKey. All the tools , but doesn't seem to have the drive to be the very best. I would like to keep Morris around if possible.

11. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Leebigez I totally agree. When Rice was out TMO finally got some real clock on the court and he took advantage of it by playing very well, then Rice comes off the IR and Rudy rewards him with no minutes. That has always been one of my biggest complaints with Rudy. TMO is a really good utility type player that the rockets need to resign.

12. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Steve Smith?

13. Nova

Nova Member

Steve Smith really sucks now. The Rox better resign TMo, he's a definite positive for the team. Actually they better resign Hawkins as well. These two should have gotten more playing time then they did.

Francis/Mooch
    Mobley/Hawkins
    Posey/TMo/Nachbar/Rice
    Griffin/MoT
    Ming/Cato

If Posey doesn't resign, then we start TMo. Regardless Rice should be dealt, and Maddox should be dropped. Trade MoT as well if at all possible. Actually I would really love a starting lineup of Francis/Mobley/TMo/Griffin/Ming.

TMo is a very good player, he's exactly what the Rox need, a good spot-up shooter who doesn't demand the ball and a good defender who can swing between the 3 and 4. I just don't understand why he didn't play more during the season. He was ripping it up before then, and when he did play he had good games. Oh well... hope we keep him though.

14. Fredterp

Fredterp Member

Nova, keep those posts coming! I suppose Nova is short for "Villanova"? FREDTERP

15. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

Or the Liz Phair hit "Supernova"

or perhaps the Oasis hit "Champagne Supernova"

16. Tmo

Tmo Member

Nova as in Casa-nova?

17. verse

verse Contributing Member

i was hoping for a Chevy Nova.

now THAT'S a great car!