1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dallas Cowboys 2014-2015

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Francis3422, May 4, 2014.

1. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Cowboys better frickin play better in London against the Jags than they did in the last two games. Or, they might as well just stay the frick over there! Most still think this is an 8-8 team and I would have to say they are probably right if history plays into it. We're supposed to be hot in November and do our dive in December. I don't know where we are going to get 3 more wins in six games assuming we beat the Jags (which is a dangerous assumption given the current state of the team). We have to at least beat Philly once, beat either NY or Washington, and beat either Chicago or the Colts. That's going to be tough to do. If they let it come down to the final game of the season to make or miss the playoffs, then I would say that would be difficult to win that game @ Washington. While not impossible, tough to do and they certainly have incentive given what Washington did to us at home.

Tough road ahead...

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

3. i3artow i3aller

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/T84CZo9guJU?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

[​IMG]

So America. Dogs, Football, Navy Seals, and Jumbotrons that cost more than most countries. Love everything about it. Especially the fact that the dog was having the time of his life. So good.

4. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

Crazy. You have them going 2-6 the rest of the way? They held their own against Arizona until the 4th quarter. They win that game with Romo. Jags should be a win. Chicago has been horrible of late. Philly could be without Foles for both of our matchups and Washington is a very winnable game. 8-8 would be a horrendous finish.

5. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

6. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

This season will now rise and fall on the back of Romo. If he is healthy, who knows the ceiling?

We have to be able to beat the Jags w/o Romo. I would go that route. Let him sit through the bye week and then come back ready.

WRs were open against AZ. Weeden played that bad. If we are healthy the rest of the way (notably Murray, Romo and Dez) then we can go to the Superbowl.

I suspect the defense is going to continue to improve as long as they are healthy as well. Losing Durant sucks but I really like Hitchens for the future. Henry Melton has looked a lot better the last couple weeks and DeMarcus Lawrence and Anthony Spencer are getting healthy.

Beating Jax puts us at 7-3. I believe we win in Washington, @ NY, and steal 1 of 2 from Philly to go 10-6. This assumes we lose to both IND and CHI.

If we lose to Mark Sanchez twice, then we deserve to miss the playoffs. I believe a healthy Romo gets us to the playoffs.

7. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

#cowboySUK

'bahjahahahahahahahah

8. Surfguy

It's pretty much guaranteed that Jerry will reward 8-8 Garrett with a long term coaching contract regardless of how the rest of the season plays out. Jerry will attribute whatever bad that happens to "other factors" to where it doesn't reflect on Garrett as far as team record. Garrett is pretty much off the hook as far as Jerry is concerned. He just likes what Garrett has done. lol

9. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

I think that Garrett has at least earned to consideration so far. He's shown the initiative to change, and that goes a long way in my book.

10. Surfguy

Cowboys just look like garbage out there. I think they lose this game and they are done for the season.

Edit: And, right when I post that, the Jags return guy fumbles punt catch and Cowboys recover at their 5 yard line. lol

11. Surfguy

Jags looked pretty good early up until that punt return fumble that set up the Cowboys TD. It's been all Cowboys ever since that play. Jags definitely had the momentum early; just couldn't hold on to it.

12. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Dez Bryant is a joy to watch.

13. Surfguy

Jags were so bad this game that it doesn't even feel like a real game. I feel kind of cheated and dirty having watched this game.

So much for all the jag-offs who were saying the Jags would win this game. It wasn't even close except up until part ways into the second quarter.

We have to go into a bye after watching this pitiful game. Sigh. I don't think you can take away anything from this game other than the Jags were just bad.

Some Floridian called into D/FW sports radio 105.3 The Fan and was adamant that Jags would win this game guaranteed. He sounded stupid cause he kept repeating it with added emphasis on GUARANTEED. And, yes, he is stupid.

14. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

I know what you mean. I have the game on but stopped watching after they went up 10-7. I've been browsing the internet, doing laundry, and talking on the phone for the past 2.5 hours. What a waste of Sunday football IMO. I feel sorry for Houston fans. They are easily in the most boring division in the league. How can anyone get excited for a game against the Titans or Jags? Even when it was the NFC Least, the division games were still always exciting.

15. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

We won and Romo made it out alive. The Jags suck but there were some positives.

2 weeks off to keep healing up is a blessing this time of year.

16. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Cowboys WR Cole Beasley to angry Dallas fan: &quot;Eat a dick.&quot; <a href="http://t.co/HE3S4eiLZv">http://t.co/HE3S4eiLZv</a></p>&mdash; Deadspin (@Deadspin) <a href="https://twitter.com/Deadspin/status/531574935203119104">November 9, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I will go on record now as saying that I believe Dallas is going to win a playoff game this year. Arizona was the best team in the NFC until they lost Palmer. Their backup is very good but I see this holding them back in the next few weeks and playoffs. Philly was also solid but I cannot see Sanchez leading them to the division title.

Bye week is huge for us. Losing Justin Durant is the only bad thing that has happened recently. Defense should be healthier than it has been in two weeks. Spencer and Melton are rounding into form as well. I believe the defense will be good enough.

I believe the offense is going to blow up over the next 6 weeks as long as Tony stays healthy.

18. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

As long as the Cowboys continue to run the ball and minimize the turnovers, they can beat anybody anywhere.

If their D was a little better, they would be very very strong SB contenders.

19. dc1985

dc1985 Member

This cowboys team is making things fun again. I love the passion they display.

Also for you Cowboys fans if you have facebook look up the DCFH. Dallas Cowboys Fans Houston. It's a good group and they are always ready to talk Cowboys Football.

20. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

If Hitchens plays as well as he did last week, this linebacker core could be incredible while healthy. It was nice to go into the bye week with our QB playing, the entire O-line healthy, and most of the integral pieces of the defense. I think this team needed a solid victory to boost morale after the last two weeks. With Foles out for possibly two games, we could make a move in the division. I do not buy that the Eagles are that good; further evidenced by the fact that they played so well with Sanchez under the helm. I think it was more of a display of the shambles that the Panthers are in.