1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thought this was interesting (PF/C)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by edward nigma, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Andrew Wiggins

fixed comparison

2. hooroo

hooroo Member

Jones and Daniels for Henson & Wolters in a heartbeat.

3. BrotherFish

BrotherFish Contributing Member

We need a true backup center. I am a little concerned about LAC--when DH is resting.

4. Andrew Wiggins

Capela and daniels for henson maybe. I habent seen much of capela, but i like his measurements and pre draft numbers.

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Why not just release Garcia and re-sign Adrien. Garcia has done squat and did not deserve his spot. Adrien fits the new defensive culture and adds a different dimension to the PF corps. Split D-Mo's minutes with Dorsey at the 5 (Dorsey sucks too) and have Adrien back up Jones & Papanikolaou at the 4 spot.

There is not a lot of minutes behind Harden and Terry, but if any is freed up it should go to Daniels instead of Garcia. And Paps is too good, too versatile to take off the floor. Garcia is the odd man out IMO.

6. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Send dmo to third team for a 2nd rd pick.

Re-route that 2nd and daniels to milwauk for henson.

7. NotChandlerParsons

Grades out as a much better defender if he figures it out.

8. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Henson is a fantastic shot blocker and has some insane upside. He doesn't get minutes for some reason, but he was putting up some crazy statlines last year

9. Medicine N Music

Medicine N Music Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Jones is worth so much more than Henson. Find me another available PF that can dribble, post up, and block shots like T Jones. It's very difficult to find an offensive minded PF that can block shots. Just not that many in the NBA for cheap. Yes, his one of one defense sucks right now, but he's a plus weak side defender and he is elite at finishing around the rim.

Henson is someone that can play defense as a back up and not starting material yet. He'd be good rotation player, but not someone as valuable as Jones.

Remember, Terrence Jones shot 54% last year. Yes 54%, including all those low % threes that he jacked up. Dude is elite in this category. Make no question about it.

10. Andrew Wiggins

Henson shoots the same %. What jones lacks in height he makes up for with athleticism and ball handling, i agree. But henson has length, which is something you cant teach. All i am saying is if milwaukee will take the pelicans pick for him then i would do it. The value of having a quality player like henson this season is worth more than a mediocre pick in a mediocre draft.

11. vator

vator Contributing Member

Why are some people still so quick to trade Jones instead of D. League Mo? You may not like him, but he is the best player we currently have at that position. I'd welcome an upgrade and him coming off the bench, but trading him and bringing in a guy like Henson still leaves us in the same position with an erratic young but talented starter and no reliable backup.

12. hooroo

hooroo Member

Henson's not getting traded for anything less than a first round pick.

13. Andrew Wiggins

Agreed

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lo7Z6wQvOwE

I know it is against a bad team, but this guy is relentless. That alone with his length and quickness makes him still full of potential.

14. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I agree with the finishing at the rim and that I prefer him to Henson. He does not follow the action on the weak side very well while following the ball. So while he may block the guy with the ball from weak side which is usually a plus, the guy with the ball gets so many easy dump offs to Jones's man that the blocks are easily compensated by the negative.

Caveat...It is still early this season so there is a chance Jones has worked on weak side defense in the offseason. My rants on Jones's defense go back to what he did last year.

15. finsraider

finsraider Member

With all the 2nd round picks we have, we can fix our backup center and point guard spots relatively easily. Those trades won't be made until we get our 3rd star.

16. rockets13champs

Henson can play C. But i can wait till march when Jermaine Oneal wants to sign with a contending squad

17. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Henson would be an ideal fill-in at he 4/5. He's an excellent defender and a good rebounder, he can push Jones for the starting spot depending on how hell bent they are on the 4 being a 3 point shooter.

18. Medicine N Music

Medicine N Music Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He's wasted on a team that has a better player in Larry Sanders. They just can't play Sanders + Henson in the front court, which is a worse combo than Asik + Howard. Who knows, Eric Bledsoe was traded for Reddick and some change. Bledsoe had the same problem, as he was behind an obviously better player.

This is a perfect buy low opportunity. If D-Mo + Daniels + 2 second round picks don't work, I'd be willing to give up our 2017 first round pick with top 15 or top 20 protection.

19. dream2franchise

Yep I'm all in on a play for Henson. I think he and Papa could work well together.

20. SDsportsjunkie

Nobody is saying replace Jones with Henson (at least that I've read). The sentiment is Henson is way better than DMo and we should find a way to move DMo out and bring Henson in.