1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Hulk

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by JamesC, Jun 21, 2003.

Tags:
  1. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

I didnt like the movie...story dragged on...Nick Nolte looked terrible, I think they bailed him out of jail and placed him right on the Hulk set. Big Lou made an appearance on it.

2. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

that same crap happened to me!

i got there early and sat in the middle of the theater in the middle of the row. a couple shows up with a baby who had to be at the least two years old.

for the most part, the child was excellent as far as shutting the hell up, but the baby's father was another story. the dude's phone rang at least five times. did he hang up? nooooooooo. he answered it all five times and talked for a total of 10 minutes during the movie. he didn't talk quietly either. inconsiderate mo'fo. sigh. i've gotten into arguments with people in the theater over crap like that. i kept quiet about it, but in the past i would have said something. i have the worst temper as far as things like that go (i'm getting better though). These movies cost too much money to tolerate anything like that.

but again, it was a good movie... good storyline... good cgi, but not up to par with xmen.

8 out of 10. :cool:

3. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

At that point, I probably would have turned to the father, grabbed his phone, yelled "HULK SMASH LITTLE TALKING BOX!" and thrown the cell phone at the screen.

Using a cell phone in a movie theather should be punishable by death. Or repeat viewings of "From Justin To Kelly." Whichever is worse.

4. Iceberger

Iceberger Member

The Hulk is not a bad movie. But, i'm really not a fan of multiple shots on sceen at once. It looks stupid to me. And Ang Lee used this technique too much as far as i'm concerned.

With all that said, The hulk is a must see in this summer.

5. Nomar

Nomar Member

He did that because of the whole comic book theme...

6. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

O wow please tell me that you weren't at the 10:15 at AMC 30 on Sunday...lololololololololol if you were

I thought the movie really sucked.

7. HtownRocks3

HtownRocks3 Member

This movie sucked. Just like Spiderman, it sucked. For example, in the comic books Spiderman always kicked ass... in the movie, he got his ass beat through the whole movie.

8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I thought it sucked. By the time the action kicked in, I no longer cared.

Ang Lee said in interviews how Banner was a wimp, an uninteresting character in the comic books; his disdain for the character showed. Bad idea not to make your protagonist interesting, or lively in the least.

Lots of half-whispered, achingly earnest dialogue. Almost. As. Bad. As. Morpheus. In. The. Matrix. Whose. Every. Syllable. Sounded. Like. Philosophy. No sense of fun at all.

These are the major failings of Matrix Reloaded and Hulk. You want to enjoy yourself at a movie, or become somehow invested in the characters. Instead? 2 hr 15 minute video games.

I do admit that Jennifer Connelly is really, really, really easy on the eyes.

But I am looking forward to 28 Days Later (is that the title)?