1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Jeremy Lin as a Los Angeles Laker

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Jul 11, 2014.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Jeremy Lin has to play more aggressive and be mentally strong?

oh that sounds so new!
    please tell me our friend Christopher found America, he's been sailing the seas for a quite a while.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It was a closer game than you can hope for. Clippers are a much more solid team overall

3. Pukimonster

Pukimonster Member

That was a foul. How can you not tell

4. Solaris

Solaris Member

He has the confidence and backing of his coach and the star player in this game. I think thats the main difference between here and with the Fakers. Lets see after few games if he goes back being the old jeremy.

5. Pukimonster

Pukimonster Member

He has Scott and Kobe encouraging him to dominate and make plays. He's allowed to run the pnr and he's got a rollman option in Davis and 2 pnp options in Boozer and Hill.

If he doesn't do well this season, it's entirely on him

6. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Who are those ESPN commentators, just awful.. Lin looked solid, good for him. Still cannot trust him though since he's never going to be consistent if he's easily shaken and doesn't no what to do with ball too often.

7. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

Linsanity 2.0

8. archinkent

archinkent Member

Gotta work on his handles. When pressured, it's a 50/50 chance he will lose the ball. A PG with bad handles won't go anywhere.

9. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Don't mind this person guys - he's butt hurt about losing Lin.

Just because you are a fan doesn't mean you don't follow their teams. I like Lin but F the Lakers and F the Rockets, right? Brilliant logic!

10. PhiSlammaJamma

I do believe that if he is handed the key to the offense, as a ball dominant PG, he can be Linsanity. I think he will be dominated by players like Westbrook who are taller and faster. But generally, Lin has much more to his game than what he delivered in Houston. There have been multiple flashpoints during his career, and on the biggest stages too, so it's there to be taken if he wants it. He looked really good last night.

11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You're right I'm not a Lakers fan but neither are lin fans.

Nah I miss Goran Dragic . He is a much better point guard.

Lin will have good games and bad games just like with the rockets. And since this lakers team sucks he might get better stats

12. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuPvNjtnef8

13. mig0s

mig0s Member

A waive off on kobe, yes. Lol

14. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

15. Roxriver

Roxriver Member

Perhaps but I think one of the biggest reasons is China has been good to Kobe. It's karma. China has embraced Kobe as the superstar of the NBA compared to the way he is polarised at home. The sneakers he sells over there and the adoration he receives has bound to rub off on him wanting to give something back - Jeremy may be the beneficiary of this. Kobe has had a hand in handpicking Mainland basketball talent as well so he's probably used to mentoring promising Asian talent.

16. steady

steady Member

Lin can run an offense. This shouldn't surprise us, this is what happened every time Harden was out.

For me, what is interesting about the statements by Kobe and Byron Scott is how they relate to an interview with Lin's high school coach -- an informal interview that happened when Lin was first signed to an NBA deal with the Warriors.

The coach said, he was excited but was not sure how Lin would do because Lin's greatest strength, his identity as a basketball player, was running the offense. Making the decisions for the team out there.

The coach said, obviously the Warriors are Steph Curry's team, so Lin is not going to get to do that there. He continued, Lin is not really a role player, he is a take charge player. He said, maybe Lin can take charge of the Warrior's second unit?

--

So now, Lin is getting invited, is being demanded to run the offense for an NBA team.

Not saying that Lin will be amazing. And the Lakers will obviously be bad this year. But I think this will be a very interesting time in Lin's development.

17. Rox23

Rox23 Member

[​IMG]

18. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

19. Panda23

Panda23 Member

it seems a different dynamic with Kobe being so vocal about the necessity of Lin being aggressive and running the show.

I think Kobe realises for this team to be remotely successful (mind you they're fasttracked for the No1 pick) Lin needs to be firing on all cylinders, the team literally has no-one else who can get things done offensively.

20. Gumblin

Gumblin Member

Lin is set up to succeed this year. If he doesn't, he doesn't have anyone to blame but himself.