1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Chandler Parsons as a Dallas Maverick

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TheRealist137, Jul 13, 2014.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

[Box score watching] 21 points, 8-16, 1-3 3PT, 4-4 FT, 7 reb, 2 ast, 2 TO

2. baubo

baubo Member

To add, Jazz have year after year had one of the biggest home-road splits in the NBA. They get a lot of home cooking from the refs

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Morey really screwed up.

Smh.

4. Bookit

Bookit Member

A lot of those shots were put-back attempts after misses.

5. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

How many pump fakes?

6. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

This mavs team is going to score and give up a bajillion points, lol

7. Zergling

Zergling Member

Ariza > Parsons

8. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How did Morey screw up again? Parsons isn't someone you pay max money for. It's bad enough Mavs beat writers are trying to justify his contract tonight after one game against the Jazz who were on a b2b.

I don't dislike Parsons but at the end of the day the Rockets made the right decision. Not having depth for the bench doesn't have anything to do with the Parsons situation.

9. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

I think it's a wash. Parsons slightly more offense, Ariza better defense and 3-point shot. But Ariza is half the cost.

10. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Defense wins championships.

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

For those he didnt watch the game most of Parsons' points came after the Jazz were already put away. When Dallas was building the lead Parsons was missing all his shots.

12. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I'm in the camp that argues we could have had chandler bulk into a stretch 4, signed ariza and went to war with papa off the bench

13. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Please explain how we sign Ariza after re-signing Parsons to the max?

Don't even try to explain because it would be impossible.. well UNLESS you convince Ariza to sign for the Minimum

or you are saying we should have targetted Ariza from the get go- #1

Either way we would absolutely not be able to have Papa coming off the bench with his 4 million plus

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

A big part of me feels this was the way to go as well.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Dirk, Monta and Chandler form hip hop super group <a href="https://twitter.com/OfficialRunDMC">@OfficialRunDMC</a>! Watch the full video here: <a href="http://t.co/ROwcZfWNnQ">http://t.co/ROwcZfWNnQ</a>
    <a href="https://t.co/V8zyLovQUu">https://t.co/V8zyLovQUu</a></p>&mdash; Dallas Mavericks (@dallasmavs) <a href="https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/528032114436874240">October 31, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

You sign Ariza and then match Parsons and go over the cap. It's the same scenario as with Bosh.

17. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

My last post on this thread. I really don't care how Parsons, Lin, and Asik do. I wish them well just like I did Scola, Battier, etc. when they left. That is, after the Rockets were eliminated. Many of us have spent umpteen hours criticizing Lin fans for being LOFs and not true fans of the Rockets- so why should we care how Parsons does? Or Asik? You go with who you have. You've got 12 guys wearing a Rockets uniform that deserve your support. If some of you want to track Parsons all year, of course you are more than welcome to. For me, life's too short- it's enough rooting for the guys in red for the next 80+ games.

1 person likes this.
  18. bbllr3431

bbllr3431 Member

Box score watching in this case paints the wrong picture. He was literally ass until the fourth quarter. He came in after the game was well under wraps; playing garbage time.

Parsons had 8 points in the 4th. If you discount the garbage time he was like 5-13 with only 13 points.... superstar stats right there ;).

19. drowsy12

drowsy12 Member

Chandler looks like trash now.

WTF even is the 'first come first serve basis' ****?

20. baubo

baubo Member

I would say two issues with this.

1. Parsons' history of back issues make bulking up a bad risk.
    2. The Rockets would be at around $75mil in salary after those moves and waiving their non-guaranteed contracts, aka no Terry trade. With the hard cap set at $80mil, that means the Rockets would be unable to add any player making over $6-7milish without including one for their own big salary players in Ariza, Papa, Parsons, Harden, and Howard.

I don't disagree that would be a pretty good team. But would this team have a chance against the Clippers, Spurs, or Thunder if they're fully healthy? I have my doubts.