1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Xbox One] Destiny

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Nippystix, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Sounds good. In talking to Mojo, he did remind me that tomorrow is Halloween, so I don't know if that makes some people out for Friday night. I think Mojo might not be able to make it (or at least he may be able to join later), but I'll try and confirm with him today.

If you guys are still in, that's great, that puts us at 4. Deagle - does tomorrow work for you? Hopefully it does, but if not, no worries.

It looks like we may need 1 or 2 more, so anyone else is interested in joining us in the raid, let me know through here or xbox live.

2. bdb

bdb Contributing Member

Hi All,

I am a level 27 titan (tag is bsimmons11). I have never done VoG. But, I might be online tomorrow night around 10. If you wind up needing another, and you see me online, I could probably join in.

3. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

We will definitely keep that in mind, thanks. I am a 27 too, so I'd try and get higher level players to compensate for that. I am on the cusp though, and one more upgrade of an armor, and that should nudge me into level 28. I do need 5 more ascendant shards though, so I am not overly optimistic of getting that before the VoG run tomorrow night.

4. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

Lvl 30 let me know if you need help

1 person likes this.
  5. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Thanks for the offer, and we just may do that! You probably listed it before, but what is your GT? It's hard juggling clutchfans usernames with xbolx live GT's, haha! Mine is GuerrillaStench. Keep an eye out for an invite from me. I assume you have already completed the VoG?

6. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

Lol I'm level 30 I've done it on hard T3XAS SA1NT

7. cdastros

cdastros Member

I am free Friday.

8. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Happy Xursday; for those that missed Icebreaker (or if you need an Arc sniper, or if you just collect exotics) Xur has Patience and Time today.

For the uninitiated Patience and Time is an exotic sniper rifle that has a couple very useful special abilities. a) Radar stays up when you're scoped in b) You automatically cloak when zoomed in (unfortunately, it doesn't last forever and there is a delay before it kicks in -- it's still awesome). It also has great stability for secondary shots, the scope is also quite nice.

He also has a hidden item today that can only be bought when you have the pumpkinhead active. He will then sell you a vial (something of shadows) which will then change your respawn animation (bats fly out) for 24 hours. It costs 1 strange coin and totally isn't worth it.

9. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Awesome, thanks for update. I also confirmed with Mojo that he will also be able to join tonight. By my records, that is the full team that we had last week. If anything changes and you cannot make it, that is fine, but please let me know. Jmcballer (a level 30) has offered to help our cause, and I also know a duo that could join if we need 2 more.

I got to 28 last night, so I am happy about that. I also have much better leveled weapons than last time, so that will make a big difference too. The biggest different is that Mojo joined a team a few days ago and successfully completed the VoG, so he will have ideas and strategies to make our lives MUCH easier, and get it done in a efficient manner (I hope!).

I'm looking forward to hopefully completing the VoG tonight, and I will see y'all online tonight at 10 cst.

10. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Thanks for the GT. I think we will hopefully have the full team that got together last weekend back for tonight. But thank you for the offer, you no doubt would make the VoG a breeze for the team, as you've already done it, and are maxed out (I'm just a 28). In case we have a spot open, I'll definitely let you know.

In addition to that, I'm not sure if you already roll with a team for the weekly or nightfall missions, but if not, we could certainly use your help (or anybody else really). For the last 2 weeks, me and another clutchfan, MojoTrain have been able to knock it out with just us 2, but it sure would be a ton easier if we had a 3rd teammate to help us on our Destiny endeavors.

In any case, keep an eye out for my GT, GuerrillaStench.

11. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

Guerrilla, we still on for 10 pm tonight?

12. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

My Warlock is almost level 18, and my friend is either 19 or 20 now. We'll be ready to raid with y'all soon enough.

13. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Awesome. Thanks for the update. Me and Mojo are always looking for great teammates. We had the privilege of meeting some cool folks when we first completed the VoG, so I am always open to expanding my xbox live network. I also obtained Atheon's Epilogue from that raid, and since then, also acquired an Ice Breaker. So I will be 10x more prepared for the VoG the next time around.

14. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Very nice sir. Make sure you have that Atheon's mostly upgraded; it destroys Oracles once you get that.

15. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Yup, fully upgrading both the Atheon's and Ice Breaker have been my top priority since I got them. I need the final 2 damage upgrades for Atheon's, so that is just about done. The Ice Breaker, however, still has a little more to go. I think the value and strength of fully upgrading your weapons goes largely ignored. I probably would not have fully appreciated it either, but Mojo gave me that helpful suggestion.

16. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

It does help, it depends on the gun however. There's plenty of legendaries I don't fully upgrade because I feel the energy or shards would be better placed elsewhere (like exotics). My Icebreaker is fully upgraded of course. :)

17. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

trying to knock the raid out tonight, guerilla, deagle, or mojo interested?

should be a lot faster than before. my last complete normal raid went 1.5 hours.

18. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Yes, I (GT GuerrillaStench) am interested. What time were y'all thinking?

19. Mac#5

Mac#5 Member

Im interested. What time are you planning on doing this?

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'm down but still level 25. Hit me up reekohtown82