1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

You Just Might Be a Moridiot If...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hotballa, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

We are undefeated. We also have a trade deadline to work with later in the season. I don't think any of us think we look better this year than last year (though Lin looked to be addition by subtraction last night) and most agree we struck out on Bosh and it screwed us, but the season isn't over.

And we won last night. And we have played one game. One game. A bit early to say our bench is dog****, wouldn't you agree?

But you are getting the attention you so clearly want with this pointless thread at this point in time

2. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Its almost a curse though. It just bolsters his belief that he can always find someone else to replace the production if he lets someone go. Team never develops chemistry like that. Every team needs to gel and develop team chemistry, I dont care how many stars are on one team. I dont think you can expect that when everyone is considered interchangeable

3. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

IB4 the knee jerk....crap nvmd...

4. Play07

Play07 Member

Im cool with morey don't like everything but he has good and bad

but my thing why doesn't McHale never get a pass like this ? Hes got us to the playoffs with harden, lin, aisk, parsons, and a trade that gave away his PF he liked during reg season?

-improved our record last year 4th seed. without a bench at all.

were so quick to jump on McHale and say OHHH he better get it don't this yr, should've been gone etc. he horrible.

-when his bench is now worse
    -still doesn't have a PF that hit a jumper "this causes lack of plays and ball movement"
    -only has one playmaker
    -rookie backup PG rookie backup center
    -when other teams in west are deep

1 person likes this.
  5. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I know, so much better if he never hit on a second round pick right? :rolleyes:

6. Dr Dunkenstein

People dont give McHale a pass because they can actually see how the team plays. Nobody gets to go behind the curtain with Morey.

McHale's teams play junior high level defense. It is the schemes. It is the commitment. People see how easy McHale made the game for Portland last year. Then they turn right around and see how difficult San Antonio made life for those same Blazers.

It is easy to see that McHale was in way over his head last year in the playoffs. It is not so easy to tell with Morey.

7. alethios

alethios Member

You're directing your anger at the wrong person. I will disagree with Morey on one thing - coaching does matter, and that's something we need to fix to move to the next level.

8. hotballa

McHales shortcomings are much more visible because you see it at least 82 times a year. His mind scratching lack of commitment to a defensive mentality. His inability to make the most basic adjustments. His head scratching rotations that even the announcers question sometimes

9. Play07

Play07 Member

you mean when Sampson left ?

ASIK had to play PF which took away from spacing and chemistry on offense ?
    or when McHale called a timeout for a defensive play, and bev listened to harden instead and switched ?

parsons saying his best SF couldn't slow down batum ?

- like I said we go at McHale but hes dealing with what he had too, now morey got him a better player who can slow down a SF and be a leader on the floor on that last play vocally. Its always McHales fault.

10. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Admits the team did exactly what it's supposed to do.... Then complains about it

Nice.

11. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

hotballa making a terrible thread? Not shocking.

12. hotballa

yeah I agree but Moreys the one who loves him because he listens to the FO. rather have him than someone like Adelman

13. thejav

thejav Member

So all the other NBA team benches haves superstars? Every ones bench sucks.. that's why they are on the bench..name 1 bench that has 2 superstar straters on the team that's better then ours...

14. hotballa

bro, I dont even think we absolutely need a 3rd superstar, why would I think we need a superstar on the bench?

15. thejav

thejav Member

didnt ask about a 3rd superstar..asked you whos bench that has 2 staring superstars on there team is better? whos bench is better?

16. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

Did we win by 30? or Lose by 30? This forum has become too ghey lol

17. hotballa

we won quite a few games by 20+ last year...guess what we still lost in first round.

18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

You might be an old fashioned idiot if...

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

hotballa, I get your points. I actually agree with some of them. But BAD TIMING.

After one game? A blowout win? This is not even knee jerk. I don't know what it is.

Wait till the latter part of the season or playoffs to have a more objective assessment of what we've got.

20. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

Idiot thread for idiot poster, par for the corse. Just put him on ignore and move on, stop fedding the trolls.