1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

You Just Might Be a Moridiot If...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hotballa, Oct 29, 2014.

1. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Thats the whole point of my argument when it comes to building an actual team. There is a limited number of elite GMs. You have to make do with what you can get your hands on. There is a limited number of elite players. You have to make do with what you can get your hands on.

2. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

You b**** and moan because you like to b**** and moan. You never have anything concrete to back it up.

Then you can't fault Morey; he's done the best he can with the hand he's given.
    Your argument doesn't make sense to me.

3. hotballa

sorry, I didnt think I needed to make a spreadsheet to prove that our bench sucks. I would think watching the games would suffice for that.

4. Nook

Nook Member

Morey's first at bat... Strike out.
    Morey's second at bat ... Strike out.
    Morey's third at bat... Upper deck grand slam
    Morey's fourth at bat... Upper deck home run
    Morey's fifth at bat... Strike out with bases loaded.

Hotballa to Morey in the on deck circle with the bases loaded down 3 runs: We need you to lay down a bunt.

5. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

So by your stance we should have kept Martin, Jeremy Lamb, not use the amnesty on Scola, kept Lowry, gave Dragic his 4th year, etc.? Because that team had a lot of depth and couldn't get off the treadmill of mediocrity.

Morey made due with what he had and that got us James Harden. Morey made due with what he had and ended up with Dwight Howard. Morey made due with what he had this summer and struck out embarrassingly. So he's batting .667 the past 3 seasons getting elite players. That's far from average.

6. hotballa

that would be stupid, just need a sacrifice fly to get the run in :p

7. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Morey inherited Yao and T-Mac and surrounds them with AB, Lowry, Scola, Landry, Battier, and Artest. That IMO opinion is elite GM work.

Morey loses Yao and TMac to injuries and finds a way to get to top 10 players without tanking. That is elite GM work IMO.

8. hotballa

I liked his first moves. solid work to build around two superstars.

we have two superstars now, why not go back to that instead of continually betting the entire team on finding a third star?

9. Nero

Nero Member

Hotballa,

Years ago I worked as a manager of a retail chain store in one of the malls in Houston.

Every month all the managers would have a meeting with the Regional Manager, and we would all talk about the issues and problems we were encountering, get solutions, etc.

One of the managers had this problem, of habitually making the stupidest possible mistakes at the most inopportune times. These mistakes became so prolific and profound, that his very name itself became synonymous with making a horrible stupid mistake. His name was 'Druzbik'. Very soon, when someone made some kind of moronic error, that person was then said to have 'Pulled a Druzbik', meaning he had made a monumentally bad decision or made a mistake (not just a mistake, but a TERRIBLE mistake, that's the key).

The reason I bring this up is, you sir are rapidly approaching that rarefied air of having your very name itself become forever associated with creating colossally bad blundering moronic idiotic threads in the GARM.

If you decide to continue down this path, soon anyone who creates such a monumentally stupid thread (such as this very one) will become known to have 'Pulled a Hotballa'.

Is that really what you want?

Give it some careful thought.

1 person likes this.
  10. jedicro

jedicro Member

So we're clear, going for it with Bosh when every single person with inside information said he was coming here was a bad decision?

11. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Because a common mistake for teams with two stars is to lose their flexibility to improve on players that make them better, but don't get them a shot at a championship.

12. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

He is doing both at the same time in my opinion:

Tried hard for superstars. Trading for Papanikolaou rights, Terry as vets, developing our own draft picks for low salary high impact players to round out the roster. Hes developing the right combination yet, but it's not like every team is opening up its roster to trade with the Rockets! He's taking the best opportunities that are presented to him. Give the man time to work.

13. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

You do realize that Artest was the third star right? That was the move that would have got the Rockets a title if TMac and Yao could stay healthy. Morey is making the same types of moves this time around. Canaan=AB. Papa-Scola. Ariza=Battier. Maybe Black turns into an energy guy like Landry. Give the man time to find Artest again. He's not done.

14. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Hotballa is just pissed that Morey paid some team to take Lin off our hands.

15. Dr Dunkenstein

I am a big fan of what Morey has done, but he is not without fault.

He has done some pretty bone-headed things with the other end of the roster that leave me shaking my head sometimes. I love Harden, Howard, Ariza, and PBev. That is a GREAT nucleus. I would have loved to see Morey get us some bonafide NBA players for depth and see where we could take this thing. Obviously, Morey doesnt think adding proven NBA talent around that nucleus would be good enough.

If we would have landed Bosh, no one would be having this conversation. Rockets didnt land Bosh so people like Hotbolla get to keep b****ing.

16. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

The problem with adding proven NBA talent is that they want money and normally guaranteed money. Signing those kinds of players really limits your flexibility. If they don't work out you are often stuck with them. Morey is all about the cheap talent with upside. There is always a GM out there willing to take a flyer on a Donte Greene or a Jeremy Lamb and give you something valuable in return. When you get stuck with guys like Felton you end up paying to get rid of them.

17. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

You might be a hotballidiot if...

You continually make stupid threads that show a lack of reasoning behind is hatred of Morey.

You make this after the first game of the season

You make these threads after a blowout win in LA.

18. hotballa

I'm just tired of seeing the same problems every year. a bad bench is a bad bench, whether we win or lose. when i see something that i know is going to bite us in the butt down the road, and the GM just does nothing about it year after year, there is a feeling of hopelessness and it eats away at me. I hate being a eeyore, I just cant help it when I see obvious D-Leaguers playing on our team.

19. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

You know what I hate more than the Morey hate around here? Baseball. This thread has it all.

20. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

To Morey's credit, some of the "obvious D-Leaguers" turned out to be

Chase Budinger
    Chandler Parsons
    Carl Landry
    Aaron Brooks
    Troy Daniels
    Patrick Beverly

Has his method for harvesting players without 1st-Round-Pick pedigree pan out all of the time? Nope but you can't discredit the bang-for-your-buck success he's had in bringing in these players.

Why pay a guy like Anthony Morrow $3 million a year when you can get the same level of production in Troy Daniels for a 3rd of the cost?