1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Chandler Parsons as a Dallas Maverick

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TheRealist137, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

2. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Mav's disappoint the Spurs first game but Spurs don't sweat it at all.

3. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Care to make a tip jar bet on that (I'm giving you advanced notice you you can borrow the money from your parents)

4. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

kinda random thought here but I wonder if Chandlers history of back issues in the past had anything to do with Moreys decision not to match

5. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Not random at all.

I brought it up right away saying that the Rockets are the team that drafted and developed Chandler so know more about him than any other team out there and this includes his potential ceiling as well as his lingering back issues.

Plus all that extra weight cannot be good for a dodgy back :grin:

6. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Could've also worked on strengthening his back as well though

7. kakaman

kakaman Member

8. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

9. Rockets25

Rockets25 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Dirk on Parsons: &quot;I told him every dinner on the road this year is on him, because it's my money anyway.&quot; FIRE</p>&mdash; Kirk (@KirkSeriousFace) <a href="https://twitter.com/KirkSeriousFace/status/527107056638386177">October 28, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. Soybean Fanatic

11. Panda23

Panda23 Member

http://dimemag.com/2014/10/dirk-says-dinners-chandler-parsons-money-anyway/

Moreys only though I was a Hamburger but Cuburn thinks im Waguya steak

12. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Didnt have another place to rant, but wanted to talk about why the Mavericks are seemingly rated higher on so many boards in general...confuses me personally.

2013-2014 Playoff Roster:(italicized players that left)
    Starters: Dalembert, Marion, Calderon, Nowitzki, Ellis
    Bench: Carter, Harris, Blair, Crowder, Wright, Ellington, Larkin, B.James

vs

2014-2015 Opening Night Roster:(bolded players that are new)
    Starters: Chandler, Nowitzki, Parsons, Ellis, Nelson
    Bench: Harris, Wright, Crowder, R.Jefferson, Felton, Greg Smith, Villanueva, Aminu (Ledo, Makel)

They basically had a major roster revamp, but how are so many guaranteeing them to be better than last year's Mavs??? Doesnt really make sense.
    1. Tyson Chandler is far from the 2011 Tyson... and his injury riddled tenure with the Knicks show that. His impact also at the rim has diminished as guards routinely got to the rim against him with relative ease.
    2. Parsons was the Rockets 3rd best player, however with these current Mavs, he is probably still the third best player. How is he going to show a more prominent role for this team without having the ball(Dirk and Ellis will take those shots away)?
    3. Nelson, the more underrated PG, is going to help them...but is getting a bit older.
    4. Felton is terrific...at eating.
    5. Bench doesnt have the same offensive fire power as last year, putting more stress on the starters to score and deliver more.

People from Dallas will not like this, but how really are they so much better than last year? They spent most of the season trying to avoid the Suns put them out of the playoffs. I think Rick Carlisle is a fantastic coach, and may be able to get the most out of this seemingly eclectic bunch. But I think they gambled too much with players that are shells of their former selves. Good luck Mavs fans...better pray that Dirk, Parsons, Ellis, Chandler and Nelson remain as healthy as possible...An injury to any one of them could send this team spiraling to the lottery.

13. NotChandlerParsons

No, I pretty much agree with you. It's basically a huge gamble on Chandler returning to form.

14. jamie10

jamie10 Member

lol dirk is awesome

15. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Cuban paid Parsons to be Dirk's b*tch lolol. At least Parsons gets to eat with Dirk.

16. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

Parsons is lookin pretty good for the Mavs right now. if Jameer can hit the open three and Tyson Chandler stays healthy, they will be a force in the West

17. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

I agree- Nelson was a steal- don't know about WCF, but they could be a force, for sure.

18. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Damn it. My worst fears. :(

19. moose

moose Member

damn i can't stand him doing good.

20. ElDobleK

ElDobleK Literally Zan Tabak

I enjoyed Baynes stuffing him when he went in there for the one-handed dunk.