1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Five Thirty Eight Sports has Rockets #8 seed

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheresTheDagger, Oct 27, 2014.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

Papa is not going to be playing 25-30 a game.

2. Dr Dunkenstein

And I never said they should be highly rated. I said they should be listed as some of our main bench guys. I was pointing out the lack of actual research. It is obvious they looked at names on a screen somewhere and have not paid attention whatsoever.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

No way the 8th seed in the West has only 45 wins.

Stopped reading after that.

4. Dr Dunkenstein

You watch. Papa is gonna get minutes at the 2-4. The dude has barely scratched the surface of his NBA talent. He is athletically challenged but he is a hard worker and the only true wing off the bench.

If the Rockets go 9 deep and Harden plays 38 min per game, TJones plays 25-30 min per game, Ariza plays 30 min per game. Then, if Ariza plays in 75 of 82 games then i can easily see where Papa will get significant minutes. And, if he plays well, i could see him playing some point forward for the second group. 25 minutes per game is not out of the question.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

i like what i see from Papa so far but for this first season, he won't average more than 15-20 mins consistently. its very difficult for bench players especially if you're talking about a first year euro player to play that much and contribute right away in the NBA for 25 mins every night. but im rooting for him to succeed, very crafty player.

6. dreamshake97

dreamshake97 Member

first of all, name me one season where McFail ever played a bench big minutes? he doesn't.. he over plays his starters, secondly we have the worst bench of any of the west contenders.. outside of D-mo, we have no one that's good that has REAL NBA experience.. terry is old and washed up, Garcia is old, daniels barely played this pre season unless you count scrub 4th qtr minutes, caanan is still a project, POPPA is a nba rookie, Johnson is a rookie, Dorsey is a euro all star.. Morey hasn't added anything other than raw potential.. the reason dallas is favored over us is because they added NBA Vets.. Charlie V, Jameer Nelson, aminu, etc.. there is a reason why McHale said in a nba summer league interview that we need nba vet with experience.. you can't win with euro, nbadl trash..

rant over..

If harden or howard go down we are effed.. no depth or bench is going to kill us over a 82 game season