1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL Week 6

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Oct 8, 2014.

1. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I actually like it when the Cowboys are good. It's good for the sport, kind of like when Notre Dame is good, or the Lakers.

It will also make the inevitable collapse that much sweeter :)

The Texans are a mess, but I'm content in knowing that I support the team of the city I live and grew up in. Unlike so many of these Cowboys fans that have never lived a day of their life in Dallas. That's embarrassing .

2. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

But Schaub was on the roster when Yates won that one. So technically he has 2.

;-)

3. dc1985

dc1985 Member

Francis i told you before the season we were going to be better. This team has a chip on there shoulders. All the talk of them being god awful really stung them. We are rallying around the doubters. I love our foundation for the future.

4. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Yup, but then again, that's saying since the Texans entered the League in 2002, they have more playoff wins than the Cowboys.

5. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

He wasn't on the 53 man roster

6. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

That's a perfectly fair statement, and I can't argue with that on paper. But if I tried I would say that the Titans and Jaguars rarely make noise combining to make the playoffs SIX times since 2002. Texans' main goal was to build a roster to compete with the Colts, which is exactly what McNair and Casserly have said and tried to do.

NFC East is a completely different beast. I'm too lazy to look it up now, but it's much tougher to even make the playoffs (since 2002) playing in that division. Playing against the Redskins or Eagles wasn't an automatic win. But I'm not making excuses, Romo/Cowboys choke in December and there's no guarantee that having 3 or 4 more playoff appearances would amount to an additional playoff win.

And I'm pretty sure the Cowboys have had one bye as well, so that could be counted as a win. IIRC, both of Texans' wins came in the WC against the Bengals and have never had a bye.

But who am I kidding? Both teams have done nothing since 2002 in terms of competing for a championship...

7. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Good grief Connor Barwin!

8. mick fry

mick fry Member

This is the same Giants that handed us our a$$ in a paper bag?

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Remember him? Probably not.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>James Casey has waited a long time for his first TD as an Eagle, and first since 2012 with Houston. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/EaglesTalk?src=hash">#EaglesTalk</a></p>&mdash; Geoff Mosher (@GeoffMosherCSN) <a href="https://twitter.com/GeoffMosherCSN/status/521470921698443264">October 13, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. mick fry

mick fry Member

Oh I remember, another Texan making a showing.

11. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I doubt Rick is kicking himself too much over a guy that just scored for the first time in 2 years.

12. mick fry

mick fry Member

Smith has many more bigger fish stories.

13. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Cowboys beat down the Seahawks. Don't let the score fool you. Seattle pretty much played mistake free (while the Cowboys still has turnovers) and still won on the road.

This team has potential. Eliminate mistakes and this team can go far.

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

So you say it is embarrassing that I have never lived in Dallas but am a cowboy fan?

Even though from the time I was a baby until I was 8 years old when I visited my great grandpa where he lived north of Waco and I would sit with him and watch the game? I'm going to have to tell my grandpa that is still alive about that.

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Foles is earthbound. Two INTs in consecutive series.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

And the Giants just lost Victor Cruz. Terrible.

Cruz carted off (and crying).

NBC says torn patella tendon.

17. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Randle is on my FF team :)

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Connor Barwin had 3 sacks by himself this game; 6 on the season which is more than last year

19. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

20. Shaud

Shaud Member

It's amazing how much Seattle avoids using Marshawn Lynch.

Lynch is the best player on the Seattle offense.