1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] AMC's The Walking Dead Season 4

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Jul 19, 2013.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Shane with a tank. Thank about that!

realistically, Shane had to go. He wasn't much of a team builder, and would have switched from one dramatic reaction to another. Like, the Flu??...kill and burn them all.

2. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

The trap was Terminus, which the train tracks led people into.

3. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

They did, Sasha and Bob wanted to go, but wanted to see terminus first. Glenn didn't care when he first heard it because all he cared about was finding Maggie. After finding her, he'd rather stay safe in terminus with Maggie and risk their lives for that mission.

Eugene said he was making contact with Washington via radio, but lost connection so they took a road trip toward Washington while checking the radio every 50?miles or something like that.

4. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Glenn did ask Eugene what it was, I believe, and Eugene basically stated that he wasn't at liberty to say.

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Shane would be a far more compelling villain than any of the turds they've trotted out so far. Hell, half the audience would probably root for him.

6. Raven

Raven Member

The only way this show works is to save episodes and just plow through all in one weekend. There is simply too much filler to watch any other way, too many characters, too many subplots, too much walking and talking. Yeah, the show can't be pure action, but the dialogue is so boring, every scene is like molasses.

As far as the ending, if the villains are straight up cannibals, with no twist, then the writers are lazy. Why herd the group into a rail car? Just shoot them and save the meat. What? We're suppose to believe they are too stupid to hunt deer or make jerky, but just smart enough to do everything else?

And it always comes back to this, if the characters are smart, there is no zombie threat, and probably not much human threat, so they have to make dumb mistakes just to nudge the story along. Like the bandits getting the drop on Rick. The show goes out of it's way to emphasize how important it is to the characters to have a guard at night, yet when the writers need super ninja hillbilly bandits, Rick is conveniently ambushed. Lovely.

The show isn't story driven, it's not character driven, it's writer driven, which makes everything look contrived and heavy handed.

And there will be a fast forward quickly in season 5, because the story ended with winter approaching, and they won't film many episodes where the actors are required to wear heavy clothing in hot weather.

1 person likes this.
  7. Raven

Raven Member

Two seasons later, they still haven't found an actor or character who could match Shane. Everything that's happened over the last 29 episodes would have been better with that character still in the story. And Shane's ghost must be laughing his ass to to see Rick gut someone like a fish.

8. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

I have to agree here, shane was by far my favorite character when he was in the show.

Personally i loved season 2 and thought how they handled him was great.

9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Totes to both of you.

I was hoping that the show would present a real moral dillema to people, because both Rick and Shane's way of handling the apocalypse had merit. It was like holding up a mirror to humanity. There was no "right" way to handle it, just "your" way. It also seemed like the whole "Shane stickin' it to Rick's wife" angle went underutilized. The overarching plot of watching two close friends having their relationship torn apart and becoming the bitterest of enemies (although with much respect between the two) because of the zombification of the world would have been awesome. But instead they cut it off in season 2, and now we're left with cartoon villains and marginally compelling storylines. Blah.

10. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I agree on the lazy writers and the story being writer-driven. Nothing makes logical sense when the characters have been written to be smart in situations yet they're idiotic in another identical, but it has to be that way for basketball reasons, I mean plot reasons.

I especially liked the bandit scene when they all have the upper hand until Rick snaps, then the bandits' threats become empty and all of a sudden Rick, Michonne, and Daryl beat them down with no resistance. Daryl beating two guys down after receiving a vicious beatdown? Yeah, not likely. Michonne's guy standing there to let her steal his gun and shoot him? Yeah, not likely. Carl's rapist telling Rick to stay back or he'll slit Carl's neck, only for Rick to say "he's mine" and slowly walk up to him, then the rapist cowers and says "No please no" and let's Carl go and show his belly to be gutted. Seriously, we're supposed to swallow that?

The only thing I disagree with is binge watching this series. I can't take so much boring, poorly written material all at once.

11. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Agree about shane. People complain about the farm season, but that season was awesome with the rift between Shane and Rick.

12. Raven

Raven Member

I just fast forward through any scene not involving Rick or Daryl. I did watch the Carol centric episode, though. It wasn't too bad.

13. Nook

Nook Member

Rick and his ugly son suck. Glen looks like someone hit him in the face with a shovel.

14. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

It was a great feud between the two and it's funny that in the comic Shane never made it to the farm. His character went by fast.

15. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Farm season brings me nightmares. Searching, searching, searching, and searching for that little girl. Plus Davey Crockett getting shot.

Correct, only way to watch this show is on DVR

16. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Finally got caught up and I'm definitely happy with the direction of the show. This was easily my favorite season because of the tighter focus on the characters. And so many great, tense moments. Probably my favorite finale too. Usually I'm left a little frustrated, but not this time. It felt like it was pulled straight out of The Last of Us. Loved the flashbacks too; pretty much always do. Never once did I feel they were filler.

Now I'm looking forward to the return of badass Rick!

17. VanityHalfBlack

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-6BsMzc9mMs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  18. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Season 4 Just released on Netflix, finally I can catch up!

19. VanityHalfBlack

October is amongst us!!! My favorite time of the year, yippity yack!!!!!

20. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Oh great, now I have to spend the rest of the day watching more Bad Lip reading videos. :mad: