1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin McHale is one of the lowest ranked coaches in NBA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Texanasiafan, Sep 22, 2014.

1. scottie brooks

So Milk Hair's g.p.a is 3.0? Pretty average.

2. Ranny

Ranny Member

You do realize that No Morey= No Dwight right? There wouldn’t be anything to waste if it wasn’t for Morey bringing him and Harden over in the first place. However this doesn’t mean he is perfect or that he shouldn’t be held accountable if the results are not there.

McHale has a contract, a contract that both Morey and the team’s owner are willing to respect for the time being. It seems that they still trust him, but the guy is definitely under a lot of scrutiny for his capacity or lack thereof, and if he doesn’t deliver then he will likely be gone by season’s end. I am sure you will argue, like you have before, that we shouldn’t wait another season, but you have to keep in mind that even though our first round exit was pretty disappointing, McHale did manage to have a winning season last year clinching a 4th place in the West the very first time he had a decent team to do so. In fact given our horrible playoff exit one could argue that McHale did a terrific job during the regular season by making us look a lot better than we really were. This second year with Ho/Ha he will have a fair opportunity to step up and prove what he is worth or be gone. After all he has been building this team together with Morey and Alexander (this is the most important thing of all, do you think Morey would keep him if Alexander would want him gone? Be Real Dude)

We currently do not have a championship team. Maybe we will after a possible move later on this year, maybe not, either way McHale will have to do better. If he does he might get yet a new season after this one, perhaps with the Rockets finally adding the third star they crave so much (right or wrong), and then becoming a real contender. If he doesn’t then he will be gone and Morey will have to bring somebody else, and Ho/Ha will still be here for at least 2 more years and that third star could still be signed, besides I don’t see any better place for Howard to be in the near future then Houston, so I wouldn’t be so sure he will Opt out when he gets the chance, he seems very content on being here, at least for now.

3. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

If Mchale goes, then so should Morey.

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Outstanding analysis - I was dead set on 2.451 but reading that convinced me that 3.0 was the right call.

5. houtown

houtown Member

Maybe Morey has a behind closed door deal like he supposedly did with dwight and his agent. I dont know, just kidding i guess. I dont know what their thinking is behind why Mchale is considered to be the right coach. Who knows? I havent heard an explaination.

6. houtown

houtown Member

No, i was just kidding about this comment I wrote. This qupte and comment was just speculation.

7. alethios

alethios Member

Even if Morey wanted to replace McHale, he wouldn't do it until the end of this upcoming season, depending on how far we go in the playoffs or if we even get there.

8. houtown

houtown Member

Edit: No, I* was just kidding about this comment I wrote before*.* This quote* and comment was just speculation.

No, I was just kidding about this comment I wrote before. This quote and comment just speculation.

9. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Put the pipe down and go to bed.

10. NotChandlerParsons

Not sure how to feel about a list that has Scott "Scotty" Brooks near the top.

11. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

McHale sucks it's beyond obvious.

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yeah I'm sorry but don't waste your time arguing with GoRox2013, he's like the certified troll of the GARM now. In an era where GMs fire competent coaches SVG and George Karl and still keep their job, GoRox believes that Morey should somehow tie his job to Mchale and resign when he fires Mchale.

Why any sane man would fire a coach if he knows he'll lose his job as well is beyond me, but this really isn't anything new, he wants Morey fired as well for chasing after superstars and not filling the team with role players, for not being like the Spurs, and for signing Dorsey over Charlie Villanueva.

Personally I like a lot of people don't have confidence in Mchale, but compared to his first year I can see marked improvement even though as a whole he is still behind majority of the coaches and might be the most inept coach in the league right now. However the difference is most coaches are lifers, these guys have been coaching for more than 10 years each and have more or less reached the apex of their abilities already. With Mchale? Dude has only been coaching for a couple of years, and he was grooming himself to become a GM previously. So compared to other coaches, Mchale can improve a lot more, but at the same time he possesses that star power and charisma that earns praise from a lot of players like Dwight, Love, Parsons, Garcia and even legendary fan favorite Royce White. While I won't be against replacing Mchale, I can also see the argument for keeping him around for 1 more year.

13. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Scott Brooks 6.5

Reason, OKC made conference finals

Then I realised its Matt Moore

14. New

He has coached for ~4 years and achieved what? Yes, we improved from last year with 2 players that are best in their positions. And if you compare us to other teams behind us, their rosters were really not as good as us. The real problem I have with Mchale, is that he does not show leadership required to be a head coach: He preached ball-movement but it always seems to be an excuse for losing a game. He does not seem to take responsibility for a decision and does not seem be making decisions....

15. houtown

houtown Member

Edit: No, I* was just kidding about this comment I wrote before*. This quote* and comment was just speculation.

No, I was just kidding about this comment I wrote before. This quote and comment just speculation.

16. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Bro, don't waste your time. She's a blind Morey follower who agrees with any decision Morey's behind. In her eyes anybody who criticizes Daryl Morey needs to be banned, even if the criticism is justified. In other words, Kevin Mchale has to be a great coach for the simple fact Morey hired him (And Morey's never wrong:rolleyes:). Just let her keep talking until she runs outta crap to say

17. caneks

caneks Rookie

Nothing surprising. Morey likes it.

18. cheke64

cheke64 Member

This whole time roslian was a girl?

19. houtown

houtown Member

No, I am not the one on the pipe. Maybe you are the one on the pipe with the ignorant comment, but not me.

20. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

Morey showing he totally respects the statistical importance of chemistry by keeping McHale around...

and hey, don't put that pipe down, hand it over this way.