1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Note to Morey: Your going about this wrong

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GoRox2013, Jun 16, 2014.

1. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

You just contradicted yourself and proved my point, which doesn't suprise me given your basketball IQ. You're Morey's biggest cheerleader, but Morey said it himself coaching doesn't matter that much. Yet the Spurs main reason for success is coaching? Huh? Doesn't go against Morey's beliefs? Also you said Duncan/Parker/Manu defiine the Spurs, but how ironic is it that NONE OF THEM had a bigger impact in the finals than the role player Morey passed up on, Kawhi Leonard. Not to mention other role players like Patt Mills, Boris Diaw & Danny Green who gave Miami fits. You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. But it's not unexpected because you never do

2. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Well written, props.

3. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

So is Morey Sill going about this the wrong way???

T_Man

4. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

so, have we won anything yet?

5. HTM

HTM Member

I didn't even think you were a rockets fan, tbh.

6. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

Undercover Mavs fan. Has tons of posts sucking off Cuban and bashing Morey.

7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Apparently people forget that. By their metric of success I can pull up a dozen teams every year that fail to make noise in the post season.

I REALLY like the direction Morey is going in though. I've been talking about depth forever and the Brewer move did just that. Also cuts hardens minutes down.

8. bongman

bongman Member

Nope. But I am sure a lot of teams would cut off both their nuts to get a lineup like ours and it does not appear that DM is finished adding to the roster.

9. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

note to morey: you're NOT going about this wrong. the results are NOT clear. we HAVENT seen enough. the d is NOT silent.

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

Note to Mauri: Your spelling you're name wrong.

11. Raven

Raven Member

I give Morey a solid B+ on everything he's done since acquiring Harden. His grade would be higher if not for his unnecessarily high media profile. Other than wishing he were a bit more behind the scenes, he's done an excellent job. With that out of the way, let's not strut too much until the Rockets make a deep playoff run.

1 person likes this.
  12. Juxtaposed Jolt

Apparently, the logic of this poster is to never make any moves, and just try to land a good team through the draft.

13. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

gustavo, you are right. by their logic, half of the league is successful.

hopefully morey's recent activity will produce a ring!

14. alethios

alethios Member

I hope to say yes. We were good enough last year to go deeper than we did. I firmly believe we would have bested SA if we had made it past Portland.

15. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Ok... Now that I have finished my time with my family, I can respond...

Let's look at this team in the offseason... Struck out with Bosh and then Parson decides he wants to party with Cuban....

So now that leaves Morey with H and H as the primary stars with only Bev and Trevor as the only two players you truly have total confidence in.... TJones has the talent and D-Mo is still a unknown commodity... In the offseason Morey signs guys like Dorsey, Black, Adrien and KPap.. The media and even people on this board tear him a new one and even criticize every move he makes..

All of a sudden this team starts to win as a TEAM... Hardin is playing defense, each player plays his role and is not complaining about time or being the 3rd star. Now you have injury after injury after injury, but this team has showen great pride and endurance by playing their butts off to do what needs to be done to win..

Morey, understands he needs help in multiple positions in order to move to that next level... So in one week he trades to get Brewer (with no major personnel traded) and then he gets the big help of all by signing Smith (again with no major personnel traded).

So to answer your question, NO we have not won a championship, but Morey has basically put this team in a good position to win it all..

So for all you FAKE A$$ Fans such swyyyguy, why don't you just leave this site and go support your team (LIN) or whom ever they may be... It gets so annoying reading all of the negative BS that you bring to this thread about anything positive that Morey does or the team does..

In the words of my boy Tinman.. This is a ROCKETS Site and we support the ROCKETS....

T_Man

2 people like this.
  16. StraightG

StraightG Member

:eek: yessir!!! #rednation

17. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

whoa, whoa, WHOA! what makes you say my team is LIN? where did you get that idea from?! :confused:

no need to personally attack me on this board and question my fanhood. i've probably gone to more rockets games than you have this year! :cool:

18. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

The thing is swyyyguy actually used to be a good poster. Then because he decided to counter troll in an effort to balance out the biggest troll on this forum (tinman) he kind of lost his mind.

Now he's become a caricature. But he still makes some good points when he's not counter trolling too hard.

As far as this thread goes, GoRox was a terrible poster (not one of the best GARM posters, right LosPollosHermanos? ;)) and thus banned. So the premise of the entire thread is pretty bad as is.

Morey is one of the top GM's in this league. What he's done with this team is nothing short of amazing. Now it's up to the coaches and players to perform and go deep in the postseason.

19. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

lol! i'm still a good poster! my boy gustavo aka LosPollosHermanos would agree!

lol did gorox really get banned?

i really hope the coaches and players take us to the promised land this year! this could be our year! :cool:

20. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I had high hopes for him, he spoke some truth when speaking it was taboo...but if he truly upset the head don and got banned..then thats that and I was mistaken in his GARM qualities. I totally forgot about that list though, you seem to be making a push though, gonna have to add you in there.