1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Rockets honored Dwight agreement with agent in letting Parsons out of his contract

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Panda23

Panda23 Member

yep, Mohammad Ali Baryalei.

2. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Bluffing and potentially screwing Dwight and the Rockets. I guess that's the part that is lost on me.

3. deshen

deshen Member

Would any team in this league trade straight for Ariza with Parsons?
    do not think so.

4. Jacinto

Jacinto Member

Meanwhile the Oakland A's traded........and have sucked ever since. Morey should run the A's too.

5. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Dwight did try to send out signals (he let it leak that he almost sacked Fegan, and the CEO of the agency had to be called in to basically act as a mediator, which came at the same time as cyberx was saying that Fegan was pushing Dwight away from Houston, 1+1=?), but Morey probably wasn't willing to take the risk. And using RFA in a period where there was a ripe class of wings wasn't the worst thing in the world, he might not have agreed otherwise.

As for whether Parsons would have walked away from a championship core as a UFA? Ask Lance what it's like being the doormat starter, because that's what Parsons would have been, the least important player in the starting unit.

#145 Aleron, Sep 18, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2014
  6. ross84

ross84 Contributing Member

If Dwight knew/knows this wouldn't he feel manipulated and fire his agent?

7. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

With their current contracts?

8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Even if Morey called Fegan's bluff, it's not like there aren't other opportunities for Fegan to pull the same ****. Hopefully he won't be such a **** next time around

9. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

10. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

There's no way he didn't. He probably just didn't think Parson's would get that high of a contract and the Rockets wouldn't match.

But he's a hell of an agent and this probably just made his status even higher among players.

11. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Great comparison.

12. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

wth... so it was the agents choice not the player on the player's destination?!?! what kind of **** is that...

13. baubo

baubo Member

I don't think the relationship between an agent and Dwight is as simple as contract negotiations. It's what we see as fans, but there are a lot of other stuffs behind the scenes that we never see or hear because the agents take of them. I wouldn't be surprised if Fegan is very good at wiping Dwight's messes.

14. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Dwight's popularity took a long walk off a short pier from the moment he signed with Fegan. Do you not remember the incredibly popular, on mcdonalds ads and **** Dwight?

15. abaker28

abaker28 Member

I doubt it was the agents choice. But an agent does have a lot of influence. Players take on the agent not just to get contracts signed, but to provide advice. The agent also has relationships with people in clubs to allow them to shop their other clients to.
    It just comes down to how honest/dishonest an agent is and whether in who's best interest they operate in. (Keep player happy, keep team happy and make a $ is the balancing act).

16. topfive

topfive CF OG

Ha! Listen at 2:15 -- Fegan calls Harden and Parsons "two good young players, one STAR player."

Hard to blame Morey for not seeing CP as a third star when even his own agent doesn't.

17. steady

steady Member

I like the analogy to the headhunter. Dallas was the best deal for Fegan, it was not the best deal for Chandler. I think he'll get exposed next season.

18. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Don't tell me the "incredible presentation" Fegan said about Cuban's presentation to Howard was that comic book video? Now that is really going on your knees for that one.

But just the thought of Dwight leaving that extra 30 million on the table really amazes me even today. We saw this offseason with Melo and then with Bosh that 99% of the time! players will go where the money is at even thing the other places offer a much better chance to win. The fact Dwight did that and left LA, is just mind blowing. Never been done before and probably never done again anytime soon.

19. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

not surprised... parsons texted dwight everyday 'cmon man, i want to get paid so bad bro'

20. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Nice read clutch - thanks!

...hate that a guy like Fegan has the power he does. Don't understand why players let these agents manipulate them like that.