1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bledsoe for Papa (and fillers) a real possibility?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by csc177, Aug 24, 2014.

1. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

If this is truly going to happen then take it and Run! Houston Bledsoe would freaking be amazing in a Houston Rockets jersey. With Beverly off the bench this team will make some serious noise. This will be the best line up in years.
    Bledsoe, Harden, Ariza, Dmo, Howard. We will get another pf back somehow. This team is starting to come together.

2. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

You want to trade the majority of our roster for a point guard that only had one really good season in the league, and on top of that you said D-Mo can handle the starting role at power forward when Mchale gave him many chances at a starting gig and failed? Somebody please slap this guy.

3. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

Did you even watch the Suns ball last season? (obviously no by your comments)

4. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I really think the rockets would bring Bledsoe off the bench. He'd still play 30
    Min plus a night but it would a) decrease his injury potential b) he's better suited to be our spark plug off the bench ala Manu.

I'm sure Bledsoe could start next to harden as I think harden is so good he can play with anyone but with that said I don't think it's smart to put the ball in bledsoes hands over harden... Ever.

This guy while extremely talented still suffers from the jermey Lin school of jump
    Passes to the other team. At the end of the day bev is a better more realiable defender and 3pt shooter.

I'm down with Bledsoe as it increases talent I just don't think he would be ideal for the starting unit when off the bench scorer playmaker IMO is a much more glaring hole.

At the end of the day harden is one of the 5 best player in the world and prob one of only 3 guys right now that can be the leading scorer and playmaker on a real championship contender. (KD and lebron being the others) sure I don't want him doing everything but he's still gonna have the ball the most just like every other superstar wing that's come before him.

What makes guys like harden special is because they are PGs their just huge PGs. The history of the game has always been dominated by elite 6'5-6'10 wing players. Dwade is the only small guy to be in this group since Isaiah Thomas.

Good PGs are great but they don't win championships. Elite wings and centers do.

5. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Fairly ironic comment given your previous statement about Bledsoe only having had one good season in the league....

He looked pretty good as Chris Paul's backup, and was something like 15-5-5 in games he started the season prior to being in PHX.

His max contract would start at $14-15m --> and he is an excellent player who would make us very strong contenders this season. Giving up spare parts for a star is always an excellent idea, I know we were spoilt and gave up spare parts for a superstar in Harden, but if we get the chance to give up spare parts for 'just a star' then it is still a good deal!

I'd much prefer to keep Jones, he is that versatile all-around type PF who is happy to play his role. If we could manage to acquire Bledsoe by giving up none of our starters, then what possible complaint could there be??

6. TBJr7

TBJr7 Member

If we get Bledsoe, we'd definitely move into the upper echelon of the West. Assuming he remains healthy or at least healthier than the previous seasons, he'd be a huge boost at the PG position and he's an underrated passer. Not saying he's Steve Nash-good with passing, but he can definitely make life easier for our players as opposed to Bev.

7. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Imagine when Mchale put Bledsoe and Beverly on the floor together.... Think of the chaos they will create together.

8. PhatPharaoh

PhatPharaoh Member

That is exactly what I was thinking of. Imagine a lineup of
    Bev - Bledsoe - Ariza - (Jones/DMo/Adrien/Dorsey) - Howard for defensive purposes only obviously. That is a nasty defensive lineup, but the only issue would be the coaching (as we currently have no defensive assistant coach)...

9. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Pat Beverley has been offered the job. Player/assistant coach.

10. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

I'm all for trading for Bledsoe, even if we have to get rid of Terrence Jones to do it.

11. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

moron - they are not trading dragic you fool

12. chandlerbang21

Makes the team undersized and hurts the bench even more

13. treeman

treeman Member

So, aside from being a dupe thread created by someone who wasn't paying attention, is there any new info to glean from this one without going through it all?

14. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

I would do that trade if one of the Twins are part of the deal.

15. rwienert

rwienert Contributing Member

Oh, the irony of Morey not giving Dragic a player option because it makes him untradeable...then trading for him and his player option...

16. PhatPharaoh

PhatPharaoh Member

Although Marcus is the better 3pt shooter (by a significant margin), I would want Kieff over him. He is a much better player overall and would provide a nice scoring punch off the bench for us. I would gladly take either as a throw in a bledsoe deal though!

17. baubo

baubo Member

Phoenix LOVE Markieff. They're not trading him. Marcus they probably would, and I wouldn't mind him as that stretch 4 off the bench.

18. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

All I know from that group being offered is Terrence Jones. Dmo would have to be game ready and contribute a minimum of 10+ rebounds, defensively, and score maybe 13+ a night to help out Dwight. I don't know about these other bigs on the roster but I'd rather keep Jones even if that means Beverly being the full time PG.

19. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I've got no prob giving up whatever assets (outside of H/H/TA/PB) to get Bledsoe... my only concern is that max contract... 2 yr max deal I'm ok with... but if he demands a 4 year deal at max money... then idk....
    My first thought is - screw that! No way I wanna tie up that much cap space in an unproven/injury prone/ego maniac (turning down Lowry money and being insulted by the offer...)...
    but then again, I've heard that with salary cap growth over the next couple years, that contract will really not be that noteworthy... Someone had said (maybe during summer league) that max deals signed now - will be considered a great deal a couple years from now... So idk if maybe Bima or one of our other capologists can speak to the correctness of that statement...
    I guess it's just gotta be left at "in Morey we trust.." LOL

20. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Bledsoe is fairly proven. He is already an above average starting PG in the NBA, the only question is whether or not he can transition to 'star' - which seems likely.

But a 14-15m max isn't a terrible contract for him.
    Some cap projections are looking at a $15m increase over the next 4 years - which would put Bledsoe as someone earning about 75% of a 'new max' contract by the time he was up for renewal.

Some risks are worth taking! I think Bledsoe is one of them