1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Re-Sign Francisco Garcia

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by forchette49, Aug 22, 2014.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Let's be real.

He sucks and hopefully Kostas and Nick are the ones getting the bulk of the minutes.

1 person likes this.
  2. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

You overestimate yourself, generally.
    Stop posting.

3. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

FG doesn't really help or hurt us much. Honestly though even 40ish on three for him is a stretch. Try .361 career and .358 last year. The league average for SG's is 35% at 3, so he is a very slightly above avg. 3pt shooter (and a slightly below avg. 2pt shooter).
    Low risk deal though. I bet at most 15 minutes per game this year if there are no injuries at the position.

4. traveler

traveler Member

He played outstanding preseason but may have been the biggest disappointment during the regular season. Hopefully he is well now.

5. I'm Tom Brady

I'm Tom Brady Member

I AM BEING REAL EVERYONE SUCKED

AND SO WILL THOSE GUYS

6. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

WTF is that supposed to mean? I'm not from MN and he's been calling me Minnesota for no reason. So I just pointed that out. How is that any of your business?

Maybe you are fine with people calling you CMonkey. But not me. So deal with it.

7. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Garcia will play about the same as last year, and Houston still needs a Second Creator when Harden is on the bench to get these guys the ball in the right spots

8. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

I tried telling people that Garcis was no better than Tyler Honeycutt. I watched a lot of Kings games when Garcia was that team, and he's just an average role player at best.

9. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

I tried telling people that Garcia was no better than Tyler Honeycutt. I watched a lot of Kings games when Garcia was on that team, and he's just an average role player at best.

10. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

You guys were pretty much fooled by his contract postseason against the Thunder.

11. TBJr7

TBJr7 Member

Glad to have Garcia back. We could use a vet for some of these youngsters. Would be even better if he can contribute a bit for us on the court, as well.

12. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

13. KiwiRocket

KiwiRocket Member

Veteran presence I aint mad at the minimum

14. T for 3

T for 3 Member

this means nothing......his ass will be on the bench all year, oh wait our depth chart is pathetic so he may play out of pure neccesity

15. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

well his man to man defense is okay, and can light it up every now and then. (play-offs against thunder)

16. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Is Honeycutt even on a roster?:confused: Having an average role player on vet. minimum is not a bad deal, I don't know what you're harping about.

17. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

^^^^^Thomas Robinson was better than all of the players the Rockets traded for in that Kings deal by far. Rockets could have signed a better player than Garcia for the same amount of money. I bet even Alonzo Gee can compete with Garcia for playing time .

18. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/fdOKWaZUT0s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Not even gonna lie. This was a nice shot. This shot probably gave him his one year deal.

19. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

At least our SF depth is better than last year.

20. basketballholic

Gee can't shoot. Can't shoot. Can't shoot. Can't shoot.

And Honeycutt??? He's not an NBA player. Not even good enough to make a roster. And he can't shoot either. Can't shoot. Can't shoot. Can't shoot.

Garcia was dinged last year. That explains his poor season. He'll snap back this year if he stays healthy and be great off the bench for us.