1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Military State] Ferguson, MO

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by percicles, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Remii

Remii Member

I understand that you also said you have a surplus of weapons...
    And I understand that the government is turning police departments into military units because of people like you... But you're too blind to see that.

2. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

If you could make money from a "news" outlet lying to and misleading its viewers, Fox would be broke by now from the settlement fees.

3. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

You're probably right. I would definitely do whatever I had to do to get closer to the gunfire... :eek: .... it's entirely natural to do that. She must have been a Marine.

4. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Yeah I am. Check any of the car trouble threads.

5. rudan

rudan Member

MSNBC would be rolling in the benjamins, they never lie or mislead viewers. Fox news lies so much, they are now telling viewers that the cop recieved injuries. The gentle giant never would hurt anyone!!!!!!!

6. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Wilson didn't have s broken eye socket. Reports were false

7. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

source? link?

8. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Not to mention that her account doesn't even fit the forensic evidence from the autopsy

9. treeman

treeman Member

Man, you're getting dumber by the second.

I have no "surplus" of weapons, I have what I have - no more, and no less.

"People like me" - firearms owners - are not the reason that PDs are being armed as they are, because "people like me" don't break any laws that would require such a response. They're a tad bit more worried about you know, criminals and terrorists... Although, in your fevered little imagination I am sure that firearm ownership = criminal activity and terrorism most of the time anyway...

10. treeman

treeman Member

Then we are in agreement. That is exactly what I have been saying.

11. treeman

treeman Member

Nonsense. My point is predicated on the FACT that police sometimes have to deal with active shooter situations where more than a level 3A vest and semiautomatic handgun is necessary for survival. You do not want to get into a fight with someone who has plates and an AR/AK if all you have is soft armor (which won't stop a rifle round) and a handgun (which won't penetrate a rifle plate).

Again - and this is not that difficult a concept to digest - you have no idea when and where an active shooter scenario is going to play out. It might be her, it might be there, it might be today, it might be never. You prepare for the worst and hope for the best. Have you ever heard the phrase "Don't bother preparing for the worst, just hope for the best instead"? No, neither have I...

You can bet that departments do consider this. It's why they purchase that gear.

They have certainly used that gear inappropriately in this case - no argument there. But that is the exception, not the rule. Generally, riots are confronted with cops in riot gear, not active shooter kit. When we start seeing cops regularly abusing this equipment and actually using it against innocent civilians, let me know. Until then, you simply point it out when you see it. I guarantee that Ferguson PD is going to take a long, hard look at their SOPs and training regimens after this episode.

And when was the last time that happened?

12. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

I wondered about that, but didn't have time to listen to it that exhaustively.

She talks about the officer being in the car and his trying to pull Brown into the squad car. Who would do that? And there is gunfire... but Brown's arms are not inside the car. How is the officer trying to wrangle the kid into the squad car.

13. Remii

Remii Member

My bad sir... I stand corrected. You did not say you have a surplus of weapons:rolleyes:

14. treeman

treeman Member

Do you know what a surplus is?

How old are you? Seriously?

15. treeman

treeman Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Reports that Ofc Darren Wilson had a bruised or fractured eye socket are false. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ferguson?src=hash">#ferguson</a>
    A source close to the investigation tells CNN</p>&mdash; Julian Cummings CNN (@JulianCummings) <a href="https://twitter.com/JulianCummings/statuses/502541265335234561">August 21, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Wilson was taken to the hospital after the shooting. He had xrays which came back negative. He was treated for a swollen face. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ferguson?src=hash">#ferguson</a></p>&mdash; Julian Cummings CNN (@JulianCummings) <a href="https://twitter.com/JulianCummings/statuses/502541653346123777">August 21, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So. How does one get a swollen face in such a situation. Oh, I know! someone hit him in the face repeatedly!

The idea that the cop reached out and tried to pull Brown into the vehicle through the window makes zero sense. And it is virtually physically impossible for someone to grab a 6'4" man by the throat from the inside of a car through the window. It is far more likely that Brown was leaning in through the window engaged in a struggle with the cop. And it is hard to fathom how such a struggle would be initiated from inside of the vehicle - which would make Brown the likely aggressor.

That would certainly change the argument.

16. Remii

Remii Member

I'm old enough to know that a surplus can be described as more than what is needed and or excessive.... But you didn't say surplus _ you said "relatively large arsenal" so I guess that means something different.

1 person likes this.
  17. moose

moose Member

Did ya'll see the video of Kajieme Powell who was gunned down 9 times in St. Louisn.. Crazy!

1 person likes this.
  18. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Police followed proper protocol.

Kajieme Powell would still be alive had he not acted the fool.