1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. King Drew

King Drew Member

If its smoking.... Then guess what...

2. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Arson?...:eek:

3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Warmly welcome back!

Whats the latest you've heard bro?

4. basketballholic

With Love's move to Cleveland there is reason to start evaluating McHale on a different scale. I told you all over a year ago that McHale was going to be here as long as Love was still a possibility or unless he completely lost the team. Now we are entering a new phase of less tolerance for McHale's blunders.

Faried is simply a souped up version of Terrence's finishing ability with top-notch defense and the ability to hold down the backup 5 minutes with elite rim protection, paint defense, and rebounding that Terrence will never be able to bring to the table. He's a legit third big on a championship big man rotation because of his ability to eat up all the backup 5 minutes while all being able to play alongside Dwight for a few minutes a game while we spell our stretch-4 (whomever that becomes). Morey would most likely be willing to trade Terrence or Capela or a future first round pick (not the Pelies pick) for Faried. And Faried COULD become the piece that entices PHX to part with Goran. (Wink) Especially if Denver also threw in Afflalo as an enticement to dump Javale. (Wink Wink) It is my opinion that Denver is one of the teams most likely in play in talks with Morey right now. I can't say I've heard that from a source. But I did ask and was put off in such a fashion that I suspect I struck a chord, while reaching, that I wasn't supposed to.

I was wondering if Bledsoe or his agent would figure out that he could possibly become a movable piece if he were to come to Houston. Guess that cat is out of the bag. Because that is exactly what he would become; especially if we retained Beverley while acquiring him. I'm getting stronger vibes that Morey still would like to get Rubio here long-term. I think Rubio is still one of his ultimate targets.

#7804 basketballholic, Aug 21, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
  5. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

You’re thinking TOO much.

6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Are you suggesting that Afflalo, McGee and Faried could all end up in Phoenix? Dragic in Houston and Jones plus pick in Denver?

Aflalo can't be packaged with another player for 2 months I believe.

7. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Coach K in HOU would be awesome

8. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

Most importantly, what does Morey think of this thread?

9. fleecysphere

fleecysphere Member

Keep dreaming. Even though that's all we've been doing on this board lately...:(

10. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Denver needs to sell their team (per NFL rules), so clearing the sheds makes sense

11. King901

King901 Member

If that's all you understood from the post then there's a comprehension issue. I have no problem with cyberx's info. But if that's all you need is someone to throw a logical idea, half the people in the random trade must be insiders.

12. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

The only one who has been right before any news outlets came out with anything has been cyberx. As far as I am concerned he is the only one we can truly trust. Plow I think we can only due to the fact that I don't think a 99er would spit lies for attention.

Drew- no way

13. Hoothrewpoo

Hoothrewpoo Member

The NFL is forcing an NBA team to sell/relocate...? How does that work exactly?

14. Chuck Nevitt

Chuck Nevitt Contributing Member

I'm assuming your not saying there's a chance we might have another head coach on opening day? Otherwise, McHale would be the first coach ever fired in August. Why wouldn't they have fired him after Morey's big "meeting" with him and before the Rockets announced he would be back next year? Besides, Les always gives his coaches at least four years.

15. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

Cyber has been right on multiple occasions. I truly believe the info he gives. Most recently, he said he heard artest to China is happening, 1 week later we saw the first report of it.

16. CertifiedTroll

I agree, Cyber is a good source. All he can report is the ideas the GMs are contemplating and it is awesome that he does. If anyone is demanding more solid information just wait until JR re-posts Woj.

17. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

As long as we keep Harden,Howard,Ariza(which are givens) and Bev(not given) I'm pretty ok with letting others go. Although I do believe Nick Johnson has a bright future as does Capela.
    That said, a starting lineup that includes Bledsoe,Harden,Howard,Ariza plus any of our PF, Wow that is solid Defense and Scoring from every part of the floor. :grin:

18. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I disagree. Plowman did have Bledsoe in the mix, as well. This could be a case of the Suns and Bledsoe so far apart on money and a strained relationship that it has shifted the pieces in a possible deal. I think this absolutely confirms what Plowman has been saying. Drew? Don't really see it, he gave no specific players.

19. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

Drew did hint it was a PHX pg, and really who do they have ?
    I think he shot himself in the foot by giving a timeline that didn't happen. Most of these guys must know someone that knows something, but it doesn't always happen as planned. There are some trolls, like the guy that said he was in the meeting with Morey lol with the whole Bosh deal.

20. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Drew was the very first one to come out and publicly say Dragic or Bledsoe to Houston. How can you dismiss him when he's been knowing about Houston trying to acquire Bledsoe a month before Cyberx figured out? Yes he messed up by setting a date and then something fell through. Doesn't change that he was the first to say we were going after a big PG upgrade, first to say Dragic/Bledsoe to Houston. Plowman followed a week or so later reporting Dragic or Bledsoe to Houston, and Cyberx is just now reporting Bledsoe possibly to Houston.

Cyberx clearly is very active around the nba hearing multiple rumors, thing is Plowman and Drew aren't like that. They both only know one or 2 guys, and are only connected to a little bit of the Rockets. So of course they are not going to be reporting multiple things like Artest to china etc.

Seriously I don't see how you guy don't understand that Drew and Plowman were just validated, they both a big upgrade at the PG, both called a trade with the Suns for either Dragic or Bledsoe, cyberx confirmed, we are going after a big upgrade at the PG, and are after Bledsoe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.